Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First of all, I am some kind of agnostic I don't know what to call myself much, but I don't have much of a positive relationship with God anymore. Since I was 17 I very rarely went to a church and same with reading the Bible. Yet I still believe that the Christian teachings and values as far as our life on Earth is what made society healthy and successful. I guess I'm an odd case.

I have existential anxiety and at 28 I am bothered to live in a society where collective morality has been thrown down the drain and that God is angry at it and says he needs to destroy our planet and it's humanity by means, why bad guys seem to win and are higher in numbers on this planet, etc. Yesterday I directly addressed God himself, I had my head up and said "Dear Father God, I don't know how I am supposed to feel positive and happy about the way things are." I tried remaining calm and refraining from being too angry or harsh. I wanted to at least get the words off of my chest. Not even my parents seem to enjoy listening to my statements.

I had some anxious thought to because the Bible instructs that you are supposed to give yourself up to all his will in order for him to listen and sympathize, but I don't feel that way instead at best I'm indifferent and at worst I'm bitter. So with that I feel like my talking effort was in vain.

Thank you, guys.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
First of all, I am some kind of agnostic I don't know what to call myself much, but I don't have much of a positive relationship with God anymore. Since I was 17 I very rarely went to a church and same with reading the Bible. Yet I still believe that the Christian teachings and values as far as our life on Earth is what made society healthy and successful. I guess I'm an odd case.

I have existential anxiety and at 28 I am bothered to live in a society where collective morality has been thrown down the drain and that God is angry at it and says he needs to destroy our planet and it's humanity by means, why bad guys seem to win and are higher in numbers on this planet, etc. Yesterday I directly addressed God himself, I had my head up and said "Dear Father God, I don't know how I am supposed to feel positive and happy about the way things are." I tried remaining calm and refraining from being too angry or harsh. I wanted to at least get the words off of my chest. Not even my parents seem to enjoy listening to my statements.

I had some anxious thought to because the Bible instructs that you are supposed to give yourself up to all his will in order for him to listen and sympathize, but I don't feel that way instead at best I'm indifferent and at worst I'm bitter. So with that I feel like my talking effort was in vain.

Thank you, guys.
Your conversation with God is never in vain. He hears you. Nearly 50 years ago, all I said was, "There has to be more to life than this" to "out there" somewhere. My life went into free fall after that. But when I was utterly desperate, God spoke to me through my boss. I was born again and I was content for the first time in my nearly 21 years of life.

If you will accept Christ, you will come to see God from an entirely different perspective. God is angry with injustice, greed, apathy, hatred, rebellion and pride. There are two basic reasons. First, God's holiness and righteousness are offended. Second, and just as important, sin is destructive to the individuals who make up the human race. God wants to get our attention. Australia is literally ablaze at the moment. It's God's megaphone to a deaf society.

Remember Noah's Ark? Just one family came on board. They were saved while the rest of the world perished. God's judgement is coming. It may have started - I'm sure the people watching their homes burn up think that its bad enough. But there is also an "Ark". The ark is Christ. Get onboard with Him, get a new life and a new understanding of God and how much He loves you. Check this link out:

The Way - Christian Life Frankston

Reactions: God is good
Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Thank you, guys.
What you describe sounds like the prodigal son that I was for about 15-17 years.

The Bible says that a person is to pray according to His will and He will hear.
A babe in Christ hasn't yet given up all their thoughts, words and actions to God.

God is not angry because Jesus has been crucified on the cross, having taken upon Him all the punishment for the sins of the whole world.

The Bible says that God demonstrated His love to us all in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. And that God was in Christ, not counting their sins against them.

The Bible also says that where sin abounds God's grace does much more abound.

So neither the planet nor humanity will be destroyed. But the devil and all of his works will be destroyed.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What you describe sounds like the prodigal son that I was for about 15-17 years.

The Bible says that a person is to pray according to His will and He will hear.
A babe in Christ hasn't yet given up all their thoughts, words and actions to God.

God is not angry because Jesus has been crucified on the cross, having taken upon Him all the punishment for the sins of the whole world.

The Bible says that God demonstrated His love to us all in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. And that God was in Christ, not counting their sins against them.

The Bible also says that where sin abounds God's grace does much more abound.

So neither the planet nor humanity will be destroyed. But the devil and all of his works will be destroyed.

I hope just that is the case.
I admit that the "last days" talk has me feeling some angst too yet I am supposed to be glad and not worried at all about it because that happens to be the time when Jesus returns. It's like a form of peer pressure. I wanted to someday get married and all that. I don't want this earth in itself to "end" and become only a disembodied spirit ghost afterward. Hope it's only just the devil and his works that get destroyed or burned. But it's tricky because everyone here and there has a different view.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟753,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We can actually just live our lives in a basic way in following Christ by living by His commandments. In a better world this would be enjoyable but the challenges we face the Lord prepares us for (see John 16:33).

Still, we just need to let the Lord guide our conscience by living by His commandments ( see Matthew 19:16-19, Romans 13:8-10, Matthew 22:36-40 etc. ). Simple acts of charity & prayer are how the Lord tells us to proactively live out the commandments by faith expressed in works ( see Matthew 6:1-15).

This can take some time & the ways of the world seldom make things easier but we must always remember the golden rule also ( Matthew 7:1-12). The Lord said if we love Him, we will keep His commandments ( John 14:15-18) in this the Holy Spirit will more & more guide, but also convict, our conscience. We will stumble at various times but we persevere in faith (see Ephesians 2:8-10).

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had some anxious thought to because the Bible instructs that you are supposed to give yourself up to all his will in order for him to listen and sympathize,
We all come to commune with Him the same way, through the shed blood of Jesus Christ...

Luke 18:11-14 (KJV) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So with that I feel like my talking effort was in vain.
Not at all, look at what you are giving up. You are giving up the world and setting yourself apart from it. That is exactly what God is looking for. The way that the world is now is because of principalities and powers over the nations. The only one that fights against them is Christ. Join us, you have some faith, and your heart is convicted against these things. Call on Him to finish the faith in you.

Upvote 0