Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I wanted to start a thread, by giving us all a chance to try and describe what God's love for us is, or is "like"...

So, God's love for you/us is like...?

We know no earthly comparison can fully encompass or describe this fully, but, just for fun, let's try, OK...?

Now the story of the Father figure in the prodigal son tale is probably the closest to describing it...

But, God's Love for you/me/us is "like"...?

"Is like" how the fish loves the water, which without, it cannot even live...

"Is like" the new plants and flowers of spring's love for the new dew and the sunshine's rays...

"Is like" the pig's or hippopotamus's love for large mud puddles or muddy ponds, on a sweltering hot summer day...

Anyone else...?

Just for fun...?

God Bless!

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I wanted to start a thread, by giving us all a chance to try and describe what God's love for us is, or is "like"...

So, God's love for you/us is like...?

We know no earthly comparison can fully encompass or describe this fully, but, just for fun, let's try, OK...?

Now the story of the Father figure in the prodigal son tale is probably the closest to describing it...

But, God's Love for you/me/us is "like"...?

"Is like" how the fish loves the water, which without, it cannot even live...

"Is like" the new plants and flowers of spring's love for the new dew and the sunshine's rays...

"Is like" the pig's or hippopotamus's love for large mud puddles or muddy ponds, on a sweltering hot summer day...

Anyone else...?

Just for fun...?

God Bless!
It seems to me the Lord wants us to walk with him. We will be friends, and he will show us the way to heaven. The goal would be peace of mind. Without peace of mind, what do we have? The key might be 1 Thess 5:17.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It seems to me the Lord wants us to walk with him. We will be friends, and he will show us the way to heaven. The goal would be peace of mind. Without peace of mind, what do we have? The key might be 1 Thess 5:17.
This is kinda just supposed to be kinda "fun" and not overly serious, and a chance for people to express the creatively thinking side...

Just think of one, there's gotta be millions of em...

Just Try it, God'd love for us/you/me is "like" (what?)...?

God Bless!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
This is kinda just supposed to be kinda "fun" and not overly serious, and a chance for people to express the creatively thinking side...

Just think of one, there's gotta be millions of em...

Just Try it, God'd love for us/you/me is "like" (what?)...?

God Bless!
That was my idea of fun.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What is praying incessantly or continually mean to you...?

Isn't just in continual communion or communication (with God)...?

What I'm trying to say is it does not mean begging on your knee's being pretty pitiful ALL OF THE TIME, cause none of us do that, not all of the time, time and place for that, but not all of the time...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

What I'm trying to say is it does not mean begging on your knee's being pretty pitiful ALL OF THE TIME, cause none of us do that, not all of the time, time and place for that, but not all of the time...

God Bless!
No, it just means walking with him, staying in communication with him all day.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No, it just means walking with him, staying in communication with him all day.
God has to be the voice in your head, or on the other end or side of your thinking process for that to be so... Your friend in your head...

He is in mine (now), is he in yours...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
God has to be the voice in your head, or on the other end or side of your thinking process for that to be so... Your friend in your head...

God Bless!
He's there. Am I listening to him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He's there. Am I listening to him?
I find myself, in my thought process, especially when I have to pause for a second and think, then something "comes" to me, of saying "thank you" very quickly (so I don't lose the thought) a lot, A LOT, then, continuing, and very soon, doing it again, and again...

Also, when I find when nothing seems to be coming to me, asking, in my head, "what should I say or do now (Lord)...?" Then something comes to me, or when something does, I say "thank you" quickly again, a lot...

I'm assuming that is the Lord in my thought process...

Sometimes, when I ask, like, when someone needs consoling, and nothing comes to me when I ask, then I'm assuming that means I'm just supposed to listen and be attentive, and just not do or say a lot in that/those moments, but just kinda "be there" for them, and then sometimes something does, then I do... And say a quick "thank you" in my head (again)...

Is it at all similar for you maybe...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I find myself, in my thought process, especially when I have to pause for a second and think, then something "comes" to me, of saying "thank you" very quickly (so I don't lose the thought) a lot, A LOT, then, continuing, and very soon, doing it again, and again...

Also, when I find when nothing seems to be coming to me, asking, in my head, "what should I say or do now (Lord)...?" Then something comes to me, or when something does, I say "thank you" quickly again, a lot...

Sometimes, when I ask, like, when someone needs consoling, and nothing comes to me when I ask, then I'm assuming that means I'm just supposed to listen and be attentive, and just not do or say a lot in that/those moments, but just kinda "be there" for them, and then sometimes something does, then I do... And say a quick "thank you" in my head (again)...

God Bless!
A long time ago, a Star Trek episode gave me some insight, when the Betazoid counselor Deanna Troi, was having a conversation with Captain Picard, about the duality or dual nature that they Betazoids sense in all of us humans, even him, she said... He asked (The Captain) What do you mean...? She said, "well, when you stop to ask yourself a question, or to make a decision (in their heads) who are you talking too...?" (She said, asked), and I had the revelation then, that all of us humans do have a dual nature, another personality inside of us that we talk to and with all the time, and that, that is God, to me, our "other half" of our dual (nature) and I have been thinking this way for awhile now... And have grown in it ever since...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the fragrance of a flower

raindrops kissing me from Heaven

beauty of the lilies
and the daisies
wedding-light

kissing mist
upon the waters
of the harbor

filtered sunshine
sharing caring
warmly daring

glances of the
dancing waves
washing in the foam

t-i-c-k-l-i-n-g
bubbles
in my troubles

"in the presence
of my enemies"
I have this table
before me :)

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!
I find myself saying "thank you" quite a bit because the Lord does good things for me and I'd like him to continue. Something I've noticed is that when I ask a question and he is silent, that seems to be his way of saying, "Go ahead and do what you intend to do." But I am a work in progress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
feeling God's love walking outside in neighborhood around 3 am in the summer, no bugs out, it's cooler, quiet, looking up at the stars, and moon shining down on me, seeing a few night lights in people's windows, knowing kids are sleeping soundly, and I feel safe, protected enough to be out by myself walking, feeling the peace, and knowing God is real as the breeze I feel, and I grab some pine needles off a tree, break them in half and inhale the Christmas smell, feeling happy to be alive and loved, enjoying this quiet alone time as all sleep except me enjoying God's night sky

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I find myself saying "thank you" quite a bit because the Lord does good things for me and I'd like him to continue. Something I've noticed is that when I ask a question and he is silent, that seems to be his way of saying, "Go ahead and do what you intend to do." But I am a work in progress.
He speaks when he chooses to... And, also, IN (many) DIFFERENT WAYS, at different times also... At least for me, (and I am still learning and growing and maturing in this also), at times they can be actual words, but often are also thoughts/ideas/concepts that just seem to "come to you", in the thinking process... It takes practice and training, to discover or "uncover" "this" as being him, (when he speaks to us in "this" way)... But, you can "catch" this as being him or a spirit from him from within you...

See my next post...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!

God Bless!

God Bless!

A long time ago, a Star Trek episode gave me some insight, when the Betazoid counselor Deanna Troi, was having a conversation with Captain Picard, about the duality or dual nature that they Betazoids sense in all of us humans, even him, she said... He asked (The Captain) What do you mean...? She said, "well, when you stop to ask yourself a question, or to make a decision (in their heads) who are you talking too...?" (She said, asked), and I had the revelation then, that all of us humans do have a dual nature, another personality inside of us that we talk to and with all the time, and that, that is God, to me, our "other half" of our dual (nature) and I have been thinking this way for awhile now... And have grown in it ever since...

God Bless!

He speaks when he chooses to... And, also, IN (many) DIFFERENT WAYS, at different times also... At least for me, (and I am still learning and growing and maturing in this also), at times they can be actual words, but often are also thoughts/ideas/concepts that just seem to "come to you", in the thinking process... It takes practice and training, to discover or "uncover" "this" as being him, (when he speaks to us in "this" way)... But, you can "catch" this as being him or a spirit from him from within you...

See my next post...

God Bless!

In conclusion, no one is their own source... In reality, our thoughts, our ideas, our opinions, our concepts, never are, or never really were, soley ours alone, or came or come from us only, alone...

Everyone speaks/thinks/acts by a spirit in, or within them... Some of it may be us, but not all of it... and, it is my opinion, that not very much of it, is actually soley "just us"...

The only question(s) remaining, is...? Is it a good, holy spirit, or source, or a bad, unholy spirit or source from within us...?

Also, there are "lesser" and "greater" spirits, both holy and unholy, (with the possibility of some maybe being more neutral), (maybe...?) Anyway, perhaps you've heard the scriptures talk about a "dumb demon" being expelled...? This would be a "lesser" unholy spirit... Lesser and greater being dumber or smarter, or more or less knowledgeable, or wiser or less wise, or simply, "lesser of greater" is perhaps the best way to put it...

Both the difference between the holy and unholy being the (true) source of all conflict, both in this world, and the next...

So, I give you permission to judge me...? Am I speaking from a holy source in concert with me, or and unholy one or source or spirit...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In conclusion, no one is their own source... In reality, our thoughts, our ideas, our opinions, our concepts, never are, or never really were, soley ours alone, or came or come from us only, alone...

Everyone speaks/thinks/acts by a spirit in, or within them... Some of it may be us, but not all of it... and, it is my opinion, that not very much of it, is actually soley "just us"...

The only question(s) remaining, is...? Is it a good, holy spirit, or source, or a bad, unholy spirit or source from within us...?

Also, there are "lesser" and "greater" spirits, both holy and unholy, (with the possibility of some maybe being more neutral), (maybe...?) Anyway, perhaps you've heard the scriptures talk about a "dumb demon" being expelled...? This would be a "lesser" unholy spirit... Lesser and greater being dumber or smarter, or more or less knowledgeable, or wiser or less wise, or simply, "lesser of greater" is perhaps the best way to put it...

Both the difference between the holy and unholy being the (true) source of all conflict, both in this world, and the next...

So, I give you permission to judge me...? Am I speaking from a holy source in concert with me, or and unholy one or source or spirit...?

God Bless!
I believe a person can start out at a lesser level of lesser spirit, that does not know everything, and "graduate" or move up, by "stumping the computer", so to speak, or by "testing the spirit", and with a good line of logic and reason, stumping it or silencing it, and, in a short bit of time, the next time around, be dealing with a greater spirit than the previous one, and, then, possibly by doing it again, moving up, and up, and up, till you finally get to the "all-knowing" one...

Also, is it possible for a person to be speaking/acting/doing/saying/thinking from both, or from one, at one time, or sometimes, and from another sometimes, or at times...?

I do not believe it can be both at the same time however...

God Bless!

Upvote 0