• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured God loves everyone?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Hammster, Aug 12, 2019.

1. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+1,570
    Christian
    Private
    He tells us to love our enemies.

2. DamianWarS

+1,570
    Christian
    Private
    Abhor is implicit in the those that do iniquity. God can only do the extremes, either he fully loves, or he fully hates. There is no middle zone.

3. zoidar

zoidar Well-Known Member Supporter

+665
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    Is he telling us to do something he isn't doing himself?

4. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,595
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Your simultude is only a good simultude if your God and have the power to make what you will happen.

As it stands, you have just described a powerless wanna be god.. not God.

Philippians 2:13

"for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  5. DamianWarS

+1,570
    Christian
    Private
    my enemy is one who is against me. God's enemy is one who is against God. I suspect the latter is immensely more important than our childish spats between each other. In the end, everything with God is polarized, either he fully loves or fully hates. Those who are against him would fall into the hate category.

6. section9+1

section9+1 Well-Known Member

+757
    Christian
    Married
    Scripture tells us God does not love everyone. It tells us he has contempt and despises some. The contempt is because of what they do and believe not just because they are humans. Humanity as a whole entity can be universally loved, but not individually. Our connection or lack of it with God determines our standing with him. Christ said he came only for the lost sheep of Israel. He said it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs. Anyone can turn and become a lost sheep so salvation and love is universally available to them, but not all become lost sheep and if they don't they remain dogs, wolves, swine, serpents and have no need of a shepherd. And Christ came only for the sheep. Read the verses that stress love toward us and our love for others. It is Christian to Christian. Even 1Cor. 13 is between Christians. It says love keeps no record of wrongs. Yet scripture says God keep a record of sins of all who are not his for his vengeance.

7. section9+1

+757
    Christian
    Married
    Rewrite that a little clearer next time.

8. Hazelelponi

+2,595
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    That's pretty clear to me, I can't imagine it being any more clear..

what do you not understand?

9. renniks

renniks Active Member

+189
    Christian
    Married
    I'm so glad God has given you the ability to know what I think. God does save one and not the other, but that's because he set in place a condition for salvation, namely faith. God could choose any condition he liked, or none at all, being the Supreme Being, that is his prerogative. However, to be faithful to the Word, salvation is by grace through faith. Faith would be irrelevant if God was merely choosing people in advance for salvation. It is irrelevant, if God is just implanting faith in some irresistibly and implanting rebellion in others, which is what you have with double predestination. It's simply not Biblical.

10. section9+1

+757
    Christian
    Married
    Maybe you mean "your" should be "you're"? And "similitudes" are just examples to get an idea across. God has willed it to be this way so I don't see any powerless God.

11. section9+1

+757
    Christian
    Married
    All the time.

12. bling

bling Regular Member Supporter

+843
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I like your presentation, but do not know what you mean by "not the object of God’s electing purpose", just because God could work with the disposition of Jacob but could not work with the disposition of Esau from birth, does not mean Esau is hell bound and Jacob is not. Could Esau be in heaven today?

13. Hazelelponi

+2,595
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I'm fairly certain that my sentence could be easily understood even with your, instead of you're.

Being a grammar Nazi only makes you appear as a snob who finds himself better than the plebs your find yourself surrounded with.

Was that your intent? Are you above treating me as your sister in Christ?

Does pointing out the error of one word a thing that makes you feel more worthy? Give you a sense of self worth that you wouldn't otherwise have?

14. section9+1

+757
    Christian
    Married
    Understanding 3rd grade English does not make a grammar Nazi. If you cannot communicate at the 3rd grade level you damage your credibility.

15. bling

bling Regular Member Supporter

+843
    Non-Denom
    Married
    1 Cor. 13 describes Godly type Love which God has and every place that describes Godly type Love it is describing God's Love. We can Hate and Love someone at the same time so can God hate and Love someone at the same time? Where does it say: "God has no Love for a person?"

16. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+4,474
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus died for sinners, Romans 5:8.

17. Hazelelponi

+2,595
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Thank you. You have clearly pointed out what you are, and I won't engage in conversation with you any further.

I'll put you on ignore. That will make life easier since I am beneath conversing with in your opinion.

18. Strong in Him

+4,474
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Mankind is made up of individual people.
    If you are part of the world, God loves you.

Not if they choose not to accept him and the sacrifice that he made for them.
    If God didn't love every single person, then there are some people, made by God, in his image - yet he hates them.
    Jesus died for sinners, Romans 5:8.
    All have sinned, Romans 3:23.

19. Strong in Him

+4,474
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    In the OT, yes - but Jesus died for sinners.

20. Mark45

Mark45 Member Supporter

+82
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    That’s exclusively limited atonement but God’s love is towards all men as all men are sons of Adam sons of Noah salvation is offered to Jew and Samaritan and Gentiles. Jesus revealed love that broke Jewish cultural Prejudices that existed between Jews and Samaritans & proselytes Gentiles etc he even gave a parable story about The Good Samaritan who helped a Jew and the self righteous Cohen Levite who didn’t even stop to assist because of his self obsessed righteousness and a samaritan who was seen as a outcast dog by mainstream Jewish culture. Love was the message love your Neighbour as yourself. This was carried even further to love your enemy as yourself. Yeshua, (Jesus) said on the cross Father forgive them for they know not what they do