USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I said to Bob, "Hey Bob, it seems to me like you beat your wife" vs. "Hey Bob, you have to stop beating your wife!" There really is no difference between the two statements. They are both false judgments that are deigned to be an insult that is not true if Bob is completely innocent of such a thing.

Not really. One is an opinion that gives an opportunity to correct, the other places a judgment. Maybe your wife fell and hit her eye..... I can say it seems to me that you beat your wife.....and then you would tell me, you understood how i could feel that way and explain that she fell instead.

Now had I came to you and said hey stop beating your wife! That would be a judgement and gives no chance for rebuttal. Ive already come to the conclusion in my head, without a doubt that you did it before coming to you....

I see a big difference here......but I understand how you can feel otherwise.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with GeorgeJ. You don't know what kind of relationship he has with his wife! What DATA do you have to lecture him and treat him like his not up to your presupposed ideas of what his marriage should be like?

Also, we are not supposed to get off topic from the OP. What does your critical attack of GeorgeJ's marriage - which you are basically clueless about anyway - have to do with that? Rhetorical Q. I got criticized in a PM too. My, you are busy lately, dear.

There is no married man who desires to be loving with his wife that would agree with going through in doing something like this. It naturally would cause distrust in their relationship and would not look good.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not really. One is an opinion that gives an opportunity to correct, the other places a judgment. Maybe your wife fell and hit her eye..... I can say it seems to me that you beat your wife.....and then you would tell me, you understood how i could feel that way and explain that she fell instead.

Now had I came to you and said hey stop beating your wife! That would be a judgement and gives no chance for rebuttal. Ive already come to the conclusion in my head, without a doubt that you did it before coming to you....

I see a big difference here......but I understand how you can feel otherwise.

No. Just making the suggestion means that you are judging me in the fact such is a possibility.
You wouldn't say such a thing if you were not intending to judge me.
A person will get defensive and explain to you how they did not hurt their wife and still think you were judging them falsely by even being suggestive of saying such a thing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There is no married man who desires to be loving with his wife that would agree with going through in doing something like this. It naturally would cause distrust in their relationship and would not look good.

Exactly.

Based on the derision in the marriage alone, God is not the "source" of this "need to minister".

• Agree
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
...yup...there's certainly already enough of that to go around here!

I agree.

Again, speaking of "ministry" and loving brothers and sisters in Christ, this comes to mind, and part of the lyrics:

"They'll know we are Christians by our love."

God bless us, ev'ry one :groupray:

Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...yup...there's certainly already enough of that to go around here!

There is a difference between making false accusations (or suggesting them) vs. judging righteously something that is wrong by God's Word and by looking at the evidence.

I did say there is a 1% chance that the man may be innocent, but it was highly unlikely because of the evidence presented to us. Again, if a man is standing over a body with a knife in his hands and he his covered in blood, chances are he is the murderer. Granted, there is a slim chance it may not be the murderer, but it just seems unlikely.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Just making the suggestion means that you are judging me in the fact such is a possibility.
You wouldn't say such a thing if you were not intending to judge me.

I dare not refute your knowledge......it would be pointless. Please carry on.

• Haha
Reactions: Questore
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
There is a difference between making false accusations (or suggesting them) vs. judging righteously something that is wrong by God's Word.
There is also a difference between "judging righteously" and "making assumptions" (which you are doing).

You've have taken an OP and completely twisted the intended message and made it something evil to please your own appetite and judgemental spirit.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is also a difference between "judging righteously" and "making assumptions" (which you are doing).

You've have taken an OP and completely twisted the intended message and made it something evil to please your own appetite and judgemental spirit.

I also said there is a 1% chance he is innocent. The 99% chance of him doing the wrong thing is the more likely scenario because of the evidence we are presented with. If I was in court, this is how I would I would rule against such a case if no other evidence was presented to me beyond the story of the OP. So far I do not see how this man could have a legit reason for going into a hotel with her unless he was (a) Coerced (b) he was mentally handicapped (c) he hated his wife at the time.

Can you think of any logical reason why he would go into a hotel with her without him calling his wife that it was okay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When we christians debate with people we do not know we forget the essentials sometimes. Everyone remember to love Your wife and kids as well. If she wants a hug give her a hug. If Your husband and kids wants a hug give them that don't just assume they do not want one.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When we christians debate with people we do not know we forget the essentials sometimes. Everyone remember to love Your wife and kids as well. If she wants a hug give her a hug. If Your husband and kids wants a hug give them that don't just assume they do not want one.

I agree.

Amen.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now do we hug them before or after we come from the strip club?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Once upon a time some years ago I had the pleasure of becoming friends with a neighbor of mine. I'll call her Daisy. Daisy, was so nice and so chatty. She was a fully recovered drug addict and former stripper/prostitute that was now going to school to better her education and do productive things for herself in life. In talking to her I learned a lot about what she went through and in knowing me I introduced her to a new level of understanding as it pertains to Christianity.

In sharing that with her, she immediately shares how she too believes in Jesus and has been seeking Him too. How she began her journey...is what inspired the topic of this thread. When she was in her addiction she was a stripper at one time and one night on one of her shifts a man came in and actually EVANGELIZED to her. My mouth dropped. I can't quite remember all the details of how that went down but I will try and remember the best I can.

I believe she said that the man offered to buy a dance and when she was about to he then sort of made conversation with her, but the dance wasn't happening yet. She opened up to him and shared that she really had no where to go really. Just trying to make some money to stay in a motel or whatever. The man offers her a ride to a motel. The whole time though, he's PREACHING JESUS to her!! They get to the motel and I believe she said that he actually stayed there with her for the NIGHT!! They did NOT have sex.

When she told me this she repeated the conversation she had with him years later because I believe they kept in contact. She then asked him what made him do it? What made him come to a STRIP CLUB to evangelize to HER?! His answer was as follows..

" I was in my bed, my wife sleeping next to me..and for some reason I just felt like God woke me up and moved on me to go to the Strip Club. For a while I was just shaking the thought away because surely God isn't telling me to go to a Strip Club. I'm a married man!! with KIDS!! "

Basically he was saying that for a while he was really trying to ignore this sudden thought and impulse but for some reason it grew stronger and stronger to go to this Strip Club. Eventually he said that he felt that God was for some reason LEADING Him to talk to someone at the Strip Club and that someone happened to be my friend Daisy.

Daisy at that time as I already stated was in her addiction and her life was just out of wack. For this man to obey THAT WORD? And to now see the fruit of that YEARS later...a woman who is now SOBER...GOING TO SCHOOL...and still SEEKING GOD?...leads me to ask all of you a few questions..

Is this....biblical?
Is this...sound Faith?
Is this...God led...or Man led?

Obviously the only one that can really answer that question is the man that went to the strip club that evangelized to my friend Daisy but man I tell you what...

That is some BOLD FAITH right there. Feel free to post a comment or start a discussion cause this to me is one of the most amazing yet controversial acts of Faith I've ever heard. But I can not deny the fruit...Daisy is SEEKING GOD and is no longer a drug addict.

Because an Evangelist...went to the Strip Club.
Sounds to me like he was trying to pull the wool over his wife's eyes. Lol my wife's face if I told her I was compelled by Jesus to go to the strip club loool hahaha. :)

• Haha
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jesus told us to judge righteously. So it is not wrong to judge. You are judging me now actually. You feel it is wrong for me to say what I have said and you are saying I have a judgmental spirit (suggesting that such is a wrong type of spirit to have). Paul says, know ye not that ye shall judge angels? In fact, to have a code of conduct or morality in and of itself means you have to judge at some point. For if you believe in a right and wrong, you have to say that this sin is wrong and doing these good things is correct.

I have judged the OP because it is neither biblical nor moral.
There is no difference between a Christian staring at nude women and giving them money vs. a non-Christian. They are both supporting the industry of fornication by their presence and their money. Adding the gospel into the mix does not make it better all of a sudden.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told us to judge righteously. So it is not wrong to judge. You are judging me now actually. You feel it is wrong for me to say what I have said and you are saying I have a judgmental spirit (suggesting that such is a wrong type of spirit to have). Paul says, know ye not that ye shall judge angels? In fact, to have a code of conduct or morality in and of itself means you have to judge at some point. For if you believe in a right and wrong, you have to say that this sin is wrong and doing these good things is correct.

I have judged the OP because it is neither biblical nor moral.
There is no difference between a Christian staring at nude women and giving them money vs. a non-Christian. They are both supporting the industry of fornication by their presence and their money. Adding the gospel into the mix does not make it better all of a sudden.

OK, ....I bow to your wisdom....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In fact, lets take out the gospel for a moment.
Would it have been moral and good for this man to go to the stripper club and to view her naked and to pay her money, as long as he didn't lust after her? Do you see how silly that sounds?

If there was no gospel mentioned, his actions should still be good and righteous on their own, right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.