• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

God Judges Nations

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Tree of Life, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hide The Pain

+6,128
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    In Jeremiah 48 we have an oracle against Moab. God will judge Moab, worshippers of Chemosh, because they have exalted themselves against Yahweh (Jeremiah 48:42) and trusted in their own riches (Jeremiah 48:7). Also, God promises to restore Moab in the future, after judgement (Jeremiah 48:47).

This may be surprising because God had no special covenant dealings with Moab like he did with his people Israel. Yet God judges them because they've sinned against him. Of course, this does imply the universal covenant that God has with all his creatures. Otherwise on what grounds could he judge them?!

One point we can take away from this is that God judges nations. If any nation continues in self-worship, arrogant pride, and exalts itself against Yahweh then Yahweh will surely pluck it up. But if a nation repents (and trusts in Jesus!) then Yahweh may restore it and build it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,590
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    There are the Adamic and Noahic covenants.

3. Tree of Life

+6,128
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    This is what I mean by "universal covenant".

4. Winken

Winken Heimat Supporter

+3,458
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    If the USA, as a nation, continues in self-worship et al, God will pluck IT up?

5. Tree of Life

+6,128
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    That's entirely within the realm of possibility. America should repent. This could happen in this age but it will certainly happen at the return of Christ. All nations will be shaken with only the unshakable Kingdom of God remaining.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Winken

Winken Heimat Supporter

+3,458
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I think that God is reaching out while Americans are blocking his hand, or turning their backs. One thing that must be considered is that Salvation, eternal security, is based upon the inspiration of the Holy Spirit with each individual. If each of us would realize that we are ambassadors for Christ, rather than ourselves, then I think that nothing could diminish the spread of the fires of Spiritual Love across the land.

7. compassion 4 humanity

compassion 4 humanity Active Member

+193
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    If God judges the US for its national sins like legal sodomite weddings, what about the 62% of Americans who are Christians, many of whom oppose sinfulness and want our country to move in a godly direction? If God does any judging (and he does), it would be towards the politicians and people in influential positions who are responsible for the moral decay of our nation, not the entire nation. It isn’t right to place collective guilt on everyone for the actions of a minority, and God knows this.

8. ~Cassia~

~Cassia~ for the joy set before Him Supporter

+11,427
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Ruth, who is in the geneology of Christ, was a Moabite. She was David's (great)grandmother and the vessel thru which our kinsman redeemer is exemplified.
    So far Canada is the lovely apartment above the meth lab to quote Robin Williams, but I pray always that it remains the land of the free and the home of the brave that God may keep our land glorious and free! No offence anywhere intended of course.

9. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+2,673
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    One of these days you're going to say something I disagree with.

God judges nations, and that doesn't mean that those nations must be completely removed of his people first, as with the case of Sodom. Sometimes, those nations are torn down, and while God remains with his faithful through it all, their nation still crumbles about their heads. It is good to have God with us in hard times, but it is more convenient to have him with us in good times. I'd rather not see my nation judged like that.

10. Tree of Life

+6,128
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I agree. There were many righteous men and women in Israel and Judah at the time that God poured out his judgements on those nations.

11. Tree of Life

+6,128
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I'm not saying that America is near to being judged. It may be, it may not be. I don't know. I do know that part of being the "salt of the earth" is preserving nations from judgment by our righteousness. Yet, as another poster here said, the righteous are often swept away in judgement with the wicked. Yet God is with them.

12. Servant232

Servant232 Active Member

+38
    United States
    Messianic
    Private

REPAY UNTO HER DOUBLE

Reporting from FEMA region 9, In the midst of daughter of babylon, usa usa usa.

Jeremiah 51:9 - Revelation 18:5
    Jeremiah 51:33
    CMOHS.org - Symbolism of the Medal of Honor

Here is a statement from the Official Congressional Medal of Honor website

"In 1965 the Air Force MOH was created and it replaced the Minerva portrait with the head of the Statue of Liberty. Lady liberty has a pointed crown instead of a helmet. And she does stand for liberty although she is derived from the imagery of Semiramis, wife of Nimrod, and Queen of Babylon. Semiramis was famed for her beauty, strength, and wisdom and was said to have built the famous Hanging Gardens of Babylon. She purportedly reigned for 42 years after taking control from Nimrod. She is a mythical figure who might be somewhat based upon a historical figure."

[​IMG]

The Statue of Liberty, the most recognized symbol of the USA

Is

The queen of babylon

Fitting since "The USA is the Daughter of Babylon"

Read all about her Jeremiah 50 Jeremiah 51 Revelation 18 Isaiah 13:1-13 Isaiah 47:1-5

Woe to all the shepherds of babylon that have been leading His people astray - nearly all of them are 501c3 servants of another master... corporations, licensed by the daughter of babylon...

Here Is Wisdom

13. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,294
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    So why hasn't God judged Sweden or Denmark recently, despite the fact they are very much unlike what most American conservative evangelicals would consider "Godly"?

I'm not quibbling with your interpretation of the text, I just wonder how applicable it is to understanding the modern world.

14. Tree of Life

+6,128
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I don't think that we can know clearly why God has suspended judgement or how close a nation is to facing judgement. The Scriptures are given to us so that we might fear this very real possibility and repent, not so that we might speculate about how much time a certain nation has left to revel in its sin.

15. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+6,787
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Lev 18 - God gives a list of reasons for which He will destroy even a non-Bible-aware pagan nation

16. Dawnhammer

Dawnhammer Well-Known Member

+428
    Christian
    Married
    Like kicking people from paradise, making them mortal and subjecting them to war, disease and suffering because one guy bit apple after receiving bad advice?

17. obsolete

obsolete Quench not Love

+99
    Christian
    Married
    Objectively bad advise is any truth that runs contrary to God's revealed word. Subjectively getting kicked out of the garden for following bad advise when knowing better so being subject to that bad advise puts it in a different perspective.

18. compassion 4 humanity

compassion 4 humanity Active Member

+193
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    Hey, can you pass me the straw, man?

19. Dawnhammer

Dawnhammer Well-Known Member

+428
    Christian
    Married
    Always nice to see humor isn’t dead. Clearly it has left this thread though.

20. Servant232

Servant232 Active Member

+38
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Updated in the next post

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017