Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

. . . . .'God resists the proud,
. . . . . But gives grace to the humble.'

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
(1 Peter 5:5-7)

Those who are acting in pride against us and around us are being personally resisted by God Himself. So, they are not succeeding. No matter who is conspiring against the government, or how government ones might be conspiring . . . God is personally resisting whoever is acting in pride; so they are not getting anywhere.

So, while we are humble with God and with each other, we have God succeeding in doing all the good He is committed to . . . and this in sharing with us.

But what if I am not seeing the good God is doing? Well, possibly I myself am being resisted because of my own pride; and this, then, could be why I am getting bent out of shape, and mad and sad and bad about things.

But if I get in prayer of submission to God, now I am with Him in His peace and how His peace has me seeing things and people. And in our Creator's peace, we are in His creativity to do whatsoever He pleases to love each and every person . . . not merely to take care of "me, myself, and I" and certain ones I might want to use to get what I want.

So, it is theo-logical, then, to trust every concern of ours to God, and be humble about how our Heavenly Father is the One who truly cares about us, more and better than we might boast that we care.

:)In Your Little Sailboat:)

If you steer your little sailboat
straight against the wind,
it will blow you dead in the water;
and the waves will flip you
up and down and all around
while the wind is just flapping your sails.
So this is why your
. . . . . r-i-g-g-i-n-g
. . . . . . is getting all rattled.
But if we flow with that
sweet and gentle breeze,
this will ease us to safe harbor,
while the waves if this life's problems
will help to push us there :)

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

. . . . .'God resists the proud,
. . . . . But gives grace to the humble.'

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
(1 Peter 5:5-7)

Those who are acting in pride against us and around us are being personally resisted by God Himself. So, they are not succeeding. No matter who is conspiring against the government, or how government ones might be conspiring . . . God is personally resisting whoever is acting in pride; so they are not getting anywhere.

So, while we are humble with God and with each other, we have God succeeding in doing all the good He is committed to . . . and this in sharing with us.

But what if I am not seeing the good God is doing? Well, possibly I myself am being resisted because of my own pride; and this, then, could be why I am getting bent out of shape, and mad and sad and bad about things.

But if I get in prayer of submission to God, now I am with Him in His peace and how His peace has me seeing things and people. And in our Creator's peace, we are in His creativity to do whatsoever He pleases to love each and every person . . . not merely to take care of "me, myself, and I" and certain ones I might want to use to get what I want.

So, it is theo-logical, then, to trust every concern of ours to God, and be humble about how our Heavenly Father is the One who truly cares about us, more and better than we might boast that we care.

:)In Your Little Sailboat:)

If you steer your little sailboat
straight against the wind,
it will blow you dead in the water;
and the waves will flip you
up and down and all around
while the wind is just flapping your sails.
So this is why your
. . . . . r-i-g-g-i-n-g
. . . . . . is getting all rattled.
But if we flow with that
sweet and gentle breeze,
this will ease us to safe harbor,
while the waves if this life's problems
will help to push us there :)

This is brilliant!!!:oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But what if I am not seeing the good God is doing

Why do you assume that those undergoing suffering must see the good God is doing?
Have you tried telling someone out of work because of the lockdown, that God is doing good in this?

May I suggest you always have in mind those Christians in Somalia who are locked into a shipping container and then produce your message, how would they respond to it?

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you assume that those undergoing suffering must see the good God is doing?
We need to feel for people who are suffering > weep with those who weep.

So, yes have compassion with people who are suffering.

Here, we are in the "Daily Devotionals" section which I understand is not for debate. So, I have started a partner thread in "General Theology", where we may get into this more >

Discussion/debate of "God is succeeding . . ." in the Daily Devotionals section (c: | Christian Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0