Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have you ever heard of Divine Simplicity? No? Here is a lecture I heard years ago by Dr. James Dolezal, he gives a brief overview I would say of what this doctrine teaches us in Scripture about who God is. Please don't respond until you have watched this video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave L

FatalFantasy

Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
✟2,057.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever heard of the attribute of Divine Simplicity? No? Here is a lecture I heard years ago by Dr. James Dolezal, he gives a brief overview I would say of what this doctrine teaches us in Scripture about who God is. Please don't respond until you have watched this video.

God is neither complex or simple, he is sophisticated.

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever heard of Divine Simplicity? No? Here is a lecture I heard years ago by Dr. James Dolezal, he gives a brief overview I would say of what this doctrine teaches us in Scripture about who God is. Please don't respond until you have watched this video.

And His foolishness is wiser than the wisdom of man

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I intend to provide, promote, and distribute good quality content. If you don't want to watch the video, why do you reply? None of you so far seemed to have understood what it was about, but assumed and commented. I pray it will benefit someone who wants to grow in their saving knowledge of God, and move them to worship him with awe and adoration of the beauty of his holiness.

Divine simplicity shows that there is none like our God, not even among the heathen deities.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anything humans say about God is wrong unless God said it.
The entire Bible included? That's a lot of wrong.

" The Bible was written by roughly forty different people from a whole range of backgrounds. Authors include kings (Solomon), fishermen (Peter), doctors (Luke), military leaders (Joshua), tax collectors (Matthew), and even some who are unknown. Biblical writers include almost every type of person: wise and foolish, faithful and treacherous, rich and poor, innocent and guilty, and young and old."
7 Fascinating Facts that Make the Bible Unique - Josh.org

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Which 3 minutes would you like me to watch?
I've got things to do.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Seriously? You want us to watch a video over an hour long?

I'm not interested. I could read the relevant section of a theology book in 2 minutes.

Now if you gave a short précis of the video, that would help those people who have no idea what "simplicity of God" means.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God is not composed or divisible by any physical or metaphysical means. Simplicity of God refers to the fact that he has no parts. The simplicity teaching extends to the entire nature of God. His substance, nature, and very being is that of utter simplicity. The properties usually attributed to God such as omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence do not contradict the teaching of simplicity because each property is a different way of looking at the infinite active being of God from a limited perspective. One consequence of this teaching is the fact that since God is simple, he must be a pure spirit.

Philosophical Proof from St. Thomas Aquinas’ Summa Theologica

Primary Argument:

P1. Every composite must have potentiality and actuality

P2. God is entirely actual.

C1. God is not composite and therefore simple.

God is Simple

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which 3 minutes would you like me to watch?
I've got things to do.

If you don't have time, then don't watch it. This thread is meant for people with a little patience, not for those who need instance and immediate sound bits.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God is not composed or divisible by any physical or metaphysical means. Simplicity of God refers to the fact that he has no parts. The simplicity teaching extends to the entire nature of God. His substance, nature, and very being is that of utter simplicity. The properties usually attributed to God such as omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence do not contradict the teaching of simplicity because each property is a different way of looking at the infinite active being of God from a limited perspective. One consequence of this teaching is the fact that since God is simple, he must be a pure spirit.

Philosophical Proof from St. Thomas Aquinas’ Summa Theologica

Primary Argument:

P1. Every composite must have potentiality and actuality

P2. God is entirely actual.

C1. God is not composite and therefore simple.

God is Simple

Brother, I appreciate this, but...what is the point of the OP if someone explains it? I desired to have the video discussed first, then whatever conversations later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think you "own" it. And none of the discussion so far is off-topic.

I clearly said, with a polite gesture, to comment after watching the video. I expected better from Christian men, even from you, since I really enjoy your thoughts and comments on this site. But, what can I expect from online forums? It is choas, just like Facebook groups.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you don't have time, then don't watch it. This thread is meant for people with a little patience, not for those who need instance and immediate sound bits.
I've got patience to read. What 5 minutes do you suggest from your 70 minute brief overview video? It's a simple request.

Last edited:
Upvote 0