USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So you are saying that he couldn't? Ergo, not omnipotent? I don't have a problem with that. My confusion arises when people define god in such a way that he is both tri-OMNI and not responsible for evil, because they seem awfully contradictory to me.
Like I said, he is love and the one who loves only those who loves him is not love.

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Total nonsense. God created a good and perfect world where created beings were completely free to make their own choices. Only such is a perfect Creation. He warned us that the truth is that if you make choices they have consequences - SUCH IS ALWAYS TRUE - making the right choices would have good consequences while making wrong choices in truths freedom to choose will always result in bad consequences. God did not create that reality ever, it simply is the truth. God is truly almighty God but He cannot do wrong though out of wrong He can make things good again. Such is love to perfection.

You on the other hand are full of evil lies charging your perfectly loving Creator to be the supreme evildoer of our existence. While clearly you walk in lies pretending to be an Atheist. Clearly you hate God and how He has manifested himself to be perfectly loving and truthful. Your Creator never willed you to be like that. Your own choices, and your unbelievable limited understanding of what truth is, because of the lies dwelling within you, made you like that. Yet your Creator loves you so much that He hopes you will see the evil of your ways and repent of the lies you believe about God, yourself and others.

Please know He can give you life in His eternal good life as well, as it is your own evil lies will be your doom for the shape your truth. For His loving truth can easily survive your false charges, while your reasoning is full of lies and half truths distorting your own spirit, God and everything else, cutting you off from His love, and digging your own grave. i truly feel deeply sorry for you stuck with such lies about God, yourself and others, and pray that the truth will arrest you one day and put things straight for you.

i advise you to read a book called "The Crucified God" it might help you understand how the truth of love operates - so very unlike your reasoning my dear friend. Truly the author nullifies all protest directed at God, yours as well.

Peace.

Free will. That is precisely the point. How can an omnipotent, omniscient being imbibe free will? If he is capable of creating any world he likes, and knows all possible outcomes, he necessarily makes all choices for everyone the moment he decides to make this particular reality. Can you choose that which surprises god? No? Then what choice do you really have? Only the one he knew you would "select." It may APPEAR to you that you have free will, but you're only following the path he created for you when he selected this reality.

How can I hate god if I don't believe he exists? Why is that always the fallback for Christians who don't like what atheists have to say? And please don't call me a liar, it's against the site rules. I'm perfectly open to the possibility that I am wrong, but what I state comes from honest discourse. The idea of a tri-omni god doesn't make any sense to me, due to the logical issues that arise when contemplated. There may very well be a god, but humans have an awful lot of different descriptions of him. I simply find fault in your description, just as you find fault in other people's descriptions. I don't accuse god of being anything, good or bad. I'm merely explaining why I don't agree with your definition of him.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Like I said, he is love and the one who loves only those who loves him is not love.

Why would he have to create those who don't love him in order to fulfill that? Is not the CAPACITY for such love inclusive in and of itself?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Free will. That is precisely the point. How can an omnipotent, omniscient being imbibe free will? If he is capable of creating any world he likes, and knows all possible outcomes, he necessarily makes all choices for everyone the moment he decides to make this particular reality. Can you choose that which surprises god? No? Then what choice do you really have? Only the one he knew you would "select." It may APPEAR to you that you have free will, but you're only following the path he created for you when he selected this reality.

How can I hate god if I don't believe he exists? Why is that always the fallback for Christians who don't like what atheists have to say? And please don't call me a liar, it's against the site rules. I'm perfectly open to the possibility that I am wrong, but what I state comes from honest discourse. The idea of a tri-omni god doesn't make any sense to me, due to the logical issues that arise when contemplated. There may very well be a god, but humans have an awful lot of different descriptions of him. I simply find fault in your description, just as you find fault in other people's descriptions. I don't accuse god of being anything, good or bad. I'm merely explaining why I don't agree with your definition of him.
You can not charge a person with a crime if they HAD LIVED. Your reasoning is defective.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God created all things for His purposes.
He created Satan for His purposes.
To think any less of God is to say God is limited.
I would ask for your source on the King James being created for Masons?
If God did not create evil, then there must be another God who is dimetricly opposed to God, that has the same ability to create spiritual matter.
God is light so can there be a God of darkness?
As to not get knee jerk responses , it is simply God's gift of free will
That allows evil to exist.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God created all things for His purposes.
He created Satan for His purposes.
To think any less of God is to say God is limited.
I would ask for your source on the King James being created for Masons?
If God did not create evil, then there must be another God who is dimetricly opposed to God, that has the same ability to create spiritual matter.
God is light so can there be a God of darkness?
As to not get knee jerk responses , it is simply God's gift of free will
That allows evil to exist.
God created the concept of Good and Evil.

The word "Satan" is a parable for different persons.

Masonic Bible: masonic bible - Google Search

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You say that God could create a world without evil.

He could, but consider a child raised without any choices for His destiny.
A Child who never looked beyond his window.
What ability would that child have to relate to the nature of his parents ?
All he sees is what they have allowed.
God made man in his image, this includes emotion , and reasoning.
What can the child reason not haveing any knowledge other that His one dimensional view of the World?
God created man in his image , and loves him so much He died so man could choose life with Him.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God created the concept of Good and Evil.

The word "Satan" is a parable for different persons.

Masonic Bible: masonic bible - Google Search
Masons are deist to the 33rd degree then they pledge to Allah.
That sword and crescent moon with the egg is on their cars for a reason.
Consider your source, because this would convolute many Bibles not just the King James.

If you see a Bible someone put a symbol on that does not mean the Bible is of that sticker.
The N.K.J. often has a Celtic knot on it , often it is considered a pagan symbol.
Not all have them, is it a Pagan Bible?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God made man in his image, this includes emotion , and reasoning.

Does it include the capacity for lust, doubt, and deceit? If not, how are they the same image? CAN god experience lust? How does that relate to omnipotence?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Does it include the capacity for lust, doubt, and deceit? If not, how are they the same image? CAN god experience lust? How does that relate to omnipotence?

Can man create another universe?
No.
Why would I presume being made in God's image that God has a fallen nature?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can man create another universe?
No.
Why would I presume being made in God's image that God has a fallen nature?

You said that it included emotions and reasoning. Apparently, you only meant select emotions and reasoning?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Again my friends the truth is that God doesn't create our reality, we do that ourselves, He can only warn us about the outcome He knows our untrue choices make.

God did not create the truth in some random fashion - He Himself is The Truth of all possible good existence, so He created perfectly good and right. Truly God had no infinity possibilities of creating reality, as you mistakenly demand from His loving truth. Almighty doesn't mean you can make something less than perfect. For not only is God the truth but also true love. So He gave shape to His truth in the physical reality creating through Himself offspring in His own image. Loving them Perfectly so giving them being/reality all of their own.

The purpose has always been to have fully equal good realities for all of His offspring, never did it come up in God to create other realities, we did that to Him. We disobeyed His design and did the unthinkable letting untruths distort, pervert, imprison, oppress, torture, enslave and kill God's reality within us and alter the truth of our good reality into a bad one.

We effectual kill the truth of our own existence doing that and our inner reality became full of evil realities, realities which God Himself had never created, nor intended to exist. We created the uncreated into His reality, the very opposite of your point of view. This killed good life in and around us. God never did any of that nor purposed or willed it. We fallen sinners did and do.

However the good thing is that God has and will still get good out of bad. For now what could not be is and what could not exist now exist. Humanity gone wrong. Yet such is His power that He can make good come out of gone wrong. Therefore The New Creation is even far better than could have ever be imagined possible for those who suffered evil and so God makes everything even far better than could ever be true if He had stopped us from being free to choose our own realities.

Those who love truth will inherit that but i'm very glad that everything which has existence in loveless lies and its ever expanding and enslaving evils will not be present there any longer and only true and good will remain, then suffering within humanity will be well and truly over.

Then the teething of humanity as God's rightful offspring will have finally finished and we can begin to exercise our God given talents and abilities giving genuine praise to His loving truth unlike we do now. i can hardly wait to see His glory revealed across this entire world and restore everything as it always should have been.

And please don't call me a liar, it's against the site rules.
i don't think i did, but calling yourself an Atheist and then forcing a tyrant untrue god upon me has me draw the conclusion that you are not in any way speaking out of the truth of your chosen faith. For an Atheist is a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. i'm sorry to say it is the big paradox contained in your argument. For you argue for a god after your own conclusions when you don't even believe in any gods in the first place. No wonder you are so far removed from the truth of the matter.

Peace.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i don't think i did, but calling yourself an Atheist and then forcing a tyrant untrue god upon me has me draw the conclusion that you are not in any way speaking out of the truth of your chosen faith. For an Atheist is a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. i'm sorry to say it is the big paradox contained in your argument. For you argue for a god after your own conclusions when you don't even believe in any gods in the first place. No wonder you are so far removed from the truth of the matter.

Peace.

You don't think you did, so just to be sure, you decided to get it out there this time, eh?

Apparently, I'm lying about my faith status by posing hypotheticals which demonstrate why I don't believe in a god as you define him? Don't you see? I'm not positing the existence of an evil god. I'm explaining to you why I think your definition of god is internally inconsistent. I don't believe in "my" version of god, I'm stating that I haven't heard a definition of god that I can accept, and establishing why that includes yours.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, I don't follow. Can you rephrase, please?
You said: If he is capable of creating any world he likes, and knows all possible outcomes, he necessarily makes all choices for everyone the moment he decides to make this particular reality.

You are saying that He could change the out come, by preventing people from doing what they would have done. Anyway, that is not the way things are, because we have free will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You don't think you did, so just to be sure, you decided to get it out there this time, eh?

Apparently, I'm lying about my faith status by posing hypotheticals which demonstrate why I don't believe in a god as you define him? Don't you see? I'm not positing the existence of an evil god. I'm explaining to you why I think your definition of god is internally inconsistent. I don't believe in "my" version of god, I'm stating that I haven't heard a definition of god that I can accept, and establishing why that includes yours.
God evolved.

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant (Yahshua) whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god (el) was formed, nor will there be one after me.

God formed.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You said: If he is capable of creating any world he likes, and knows all possible outcomes, he necessarily makes all choices for everyone the moment he decides to make this particular reality.

You are saying that He could change the out come, by preventing people from doing what they would have done. Anyway, that is not the way things are, because we have free will.

No, I wasn't saying that. I'm saying that he could have created a world in which people "would have done" something else. Anything else. Infinite possibilities of what people "would do" in their particular world. But by choosing a particular one, he can't help but lock us into whatever one he decided to make.

If you have a choice between A and B, and god knows that you will choose A. Is B really an option for you? You may have the illusion that it is, but in reality, you can't choose B, and surprise god, correct?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God evolved.

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant (Yahshua) whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god (el) was formed, nor will there be one after me.

God formed.

That's interesting. So that would mean that he is not eternal, not omnipotent, and presumably not omniscient, correct?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

See here you give a clear example of your lack of understanding. In a perfect Creation there is no lust, doubt, greed, arrogance, unfaithfulness, jealousy, deceit or any other any other untrue or loveless reality. Such bad life came into being after perfection had been shattered and untrue realities began to breed within the human heart and mind. All this happens because we believe lies about God, ourselves and our neighbours these bring all those evil and bad realities around.

Take lust for example, lust is a wrong understanding of our sexuality or other needs, and perverts our reality from the good created by God to wrong emotions and actions which causes much harm in the hearts and minds of God's offspring. How many women and children have been raped because of lust for example? Yet God has warned us that mixing good with bad would stuff everything up and bring evil around - how true this has proven to be?

The same with deceit - deceit dwelling in peoples hearts hates and fears the truth and is totally opposed to truthful love bring evil into being which was not there before the deceit was placed into someone's reality bringing bad life instead while killing God's good life. This is why the truth teaches us not to lie to each other but at all time speak the truth in love.

Doubt is no different a bad emotion. Doubts only came into our reality because truth had been trodden down and untruth came around. Yet doubt can protect us against untrue speech or actions of others and as such doubt can serve for good rather than bad. However doubting the truth or love of God is an example how bad life can still come around doubting wrongly and an bring untold misery into peoples realities doing that.

Bad life is the result of humans unwise decisions and does not in any way proceeded or was willed or determined by God to have reality in our lives. As a matter of fact our untrue emotions have killed God's good life within us and cut us of from our perfectly loving Creator.

So happy Jesus made that all good again.

Peace.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.