• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God is not an all-loving god if people suffer in such agonizing pain everyday.

Sep 1, 2018
Private
✟18,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i grew up believing in God and praising him, but I’m so sorry I just can’t do it anymore.

I think it’s time I switch to a more spiritual, more peaceful path like Buddhism (after I’ve learned more about it). I’ve recited the chants, and they help me much more than God ever did. (The reason I still feel so much suffering is because I didnt commit)

I’m sorry, it’s just my mental health is getting so much worse. I need to find what’s right for me.

So this post is just an apology.

Dansiph

Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: jchaudoir36
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i grew up believing in God and praising him, but I’m so sorry I just can’t do it anymore.

I think it’s time I switch to a more spiritual, more peaceful path like Buddhism (after I’ve learned more about it). I’ve recited the chants, and they help me much more than God ever did. (The reason I still feel so much suffering is because I didnt commit)

I’m sorry, it’s just my mental health is getting so much worse. I need to find what’s right for me.

Morphine solve all pain problems.
Increase the amount and your heart slows and then stops.
It's all very peaceful and the basis for Hospice programs.
The moral of the story is that pain means you are still living.
Glad to help!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m sorry, it’s just my mental health is getting so much worse. I need to find what’s right for me.So this post is just an apology.

I've been through pain worse than childbirth and have no regrets.

Upvote 0

sparow

Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟481,862.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Most people have wrong expectations of God; God disciplines His children like any good parent but first one has to belong to God.

I have no idea what you mean by suffering; you do need to define your problem in order to find a solution.

Has your mental health been professionally diagnosed; professional help can be expensive and not always helpful, but there are usually places that are free.

beyondblue

beyondblue

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/depression/signs-and-symptoms?&scp=true

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

It's not God's fault that people suffer and are in pain. Sometimes we forget that the devil is the god of this world, and while we live in these mortal bodies we are going to have suffering and tribulation. The devil has come to steal, kill and destroy, and he attacks good people, especially Christian people with spirits of infirmity.

The Bible has the answer, but the Church as a whole refuses to accept it. The Scripture says, "I am the God who heals you." Jesus demonstrated that miraculous healing was an integral part of His ministry and He said that he came to destroy the works of the devil, so He healed the sick, raised the dead, cleansed the lepers and made the lame to walk. He said that because these things are happening the kingdom of God is among you.

The trouble is that the devil has deceived many areas of the Church that the miraculous doesn't happen with the preaching of the Gospel and the ministry of the Church any more. He has put a lying spirit in the minds and mouths of Cessationists to deprive the Church of the demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit.

Cessationist don't have the spirit of Christ. They lack basic compassion. Jesus had compassion for the sick and disabled, and He still does through those who have the spirit of Christ. Those without compassion would coldly stand by and allow people to suffer in pain, have terminal cancers, remain disabled and die before their time. Those who do that have no knowledge of God, because God is love and compassion.

I believe that anyone who is cold-hearted and prayerless in the face of human suffering is not genuinely converted and when they come up before God in the judgment, Jesus will say, "I never knew you. I know only those who have love and compassion in their hearts for those who are suffering and need Me to work a miracle in their lives. Depart from me you workers of iniquity!"

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The truth is that in your suffering you can find God much more easily that on His throne above. God suffers bad life along with us and can make us stronger than suffering can bring to bear, strong like Him overcoming bad life and the wicked orchestrating it.

Turning your back on God or charging Him with wrong is not going to find your good life back, faith in God's love will get you your good life back and so much more.

Sow good life in God and with God and you will find that He will save you out of your pit.

Instead of distancing yourself further from God's good seek Him out and let Him grow in the bad life you are now going through and you can be assured that bad life goes and His good life will stay.

i hope you will change your mind about God.

Peace

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Said a prayer for you, brother/sister. God isn't torturing us with suffering, that's not what he wants for us. We may suffer, some of us horribly, but it is not from God. God is the one who can turn suffering and bad things into something good. He can take it and work with it. We have those, who have suffered plenty, for the longest times, praising God right now, full of hope instead of bitterness. They know what suffering is, they have plenty of compassion, and it's not just about superficial kind words. And when we meet these people and talk to them, we can be greatly comforted.

God is love, and Christ is the good shepherd. If you run or stray away, He will find you. May God bless you and ease your mind and lift your burdens.

Upvote 0