Status
Not open for further replies.

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I got reprimanded on Worthy yesterday for using the above to justify my belief that God desires for all to be in good health.

In Acts 10.34 it says

"I most certainly understand that God is not one to show partiality."

The chastiser said that it only means that God does not choose one race over another to be blessed by His salvation.

Kinda hard for an old goat like me to be talked to like a school boy. :D

Was Quaffer talking about atlantian on the Benny Hinn thread ?

I think the person who reprimanded you is in need of a reprimand himself. ;) Personally, I'm with you on your interpretation of that scripture. When I hear God is no respector of persons, I hear "What He did for one, He will do for any of us, be it salvation, healing, peace, anything."

As for the second question, I believe she was talking to Altantian.

Upvote 0

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Zzub said:
You hold him and I'll slap him, Troy.

Then I'll hold him and you slap him.

Nobody expects the Word of Faith Inquisition.

Our main weapon is...

Or maybe not...

|ZZ|

Tempting, very tempting ...

Unfortunately I have a book on my web site titled "How To walk in Love" and it keeps hollering "Hypocrite" at me :D

Upvote 0

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Zzub said:
We'll repent later.

Okay, you talked me into it. But when god comes in to our garden in the cool of the day, I'm going to tell him, "That brother from England which thou gavest me, He toldest me to slap them, and I didst slap them hard." :D

(Not sure if Adam was able to get away with a similar excuse though).

Upvote 0

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
victoryword said:
Okay, you talked me into it. But when god comes in to our garden in the cool of the day, I'm going to tell him, "That brother from England which thou gavest me, He toldest me to slap them, and I didst slap them hard." :D

(Not sure if Adam was able to get away with a similar excuse though).

^_^ that is so funny...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
God is no respector of persons and personally for me it means giving things up that God tells me to going through things to prepare, everyone wants power and to see Gods power but to get there you must empty yourself out in order to have room to recieve, God will not just dump it out. It is like the story of the new wine and old wineskins, thank God He doesnt or there would be a lot of burst Christians around

Upvote 0

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If God was a respector of persons, shoot--I'd never get blessed. :p

But God isn't--It doesn't matter what race, gender, or background you come from--He'll use you! And He'll visit you! :)

Ppl seriously need to read the Word first before they go and shoot their mouth off and above all reprimand ppl if they have no knowledge of things like that. >.<

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Oi Preacher chick, where is my signature file?

At the end of the month, if I reach my targets (see my siggie) I am going to overhaul the Z man and a new all singing all dancing siggie would help me loads...

I was thinking blue, with John 14.14 on it somewhere, and with moving images and with gold and I don't know what else...

I'd pay ya 1000 blessings for a good one...

|ZZ|

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Zzub said:
You hold him and I'll slap him, Troy.

Then I'll hold him and you slap him.

Nobody expects the Word of Faith Inquisition.

Our main weapon is...

Or maybe not...

|ZZ|

Thanks for the support, and encourrgement, :D , I think.

There was so much stuff thrown at me, that It will take me a while to prepare a response, but respond, I will indeed.

I posted on the subject of Isaiah 53.4, and Matthew 8.16,17 where Matthew correctly interprets the words griefs, and sorrows which are in the KJV of Isaiah.

The Post is in "Doctrinal Questions" on Worthy

Upvote 0

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
When Acts 10:34 is taken into its contextual setting, it can most certainly be applicable to divine healing:

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all: ) That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. (Acts 10:34-38)

The whole thing within context was Peter's sermon to the house of Cornelius. How anyone can read this text fully and claim that it does not apply to healing means that they are either BLINDED BY THEOLOGICAL BIAS or just blatantly DISHONEST.

God indeed is no respecter of persons when it comes to any of His blessings, which includes the new birth as well as the healing of our physical bodies.

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Thanks, VW,

I did bring up the full context of verses 34-38, but it was as if I hadn't said it.

You know, I really believe these seminaries will have a lot of accounting to do at the Judgement Seat of Christ.

They brainwash the young preachers-to-be, and then they take it to the sheep, and brainwash them too.

Sheep MUST feed on the word, not the preacher.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
franky67 said:
Thanks, VW,

I did bring up the full context of verses 34-38, but it was as if I hadn't said it.

You know, I really believe these seminaries will have a lot of accounting to do at the Judgement Seat of Christ.

They brainwash the young preachers-to-be, and then they take it to the sheep, and brainwash them too.

Sheep MUST feed on the word, not the preacher.

I trained at a Pentecostal Bible college. I used to go home and weep after lectures when Pentecostal spirit-filled preachers would walk out of class and go "oh, I understand now - and to think I thought that healing was in the atonement, the baptism of the Holy Spirit was a subsequent event marked with tongues, etc, etc..."

Cheers,
|ZZ|

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Zzub said:
I trained at a Pentecostal Bible college. I used to go home and weep after lectures when Pentecostal spirit-filled preachers would walk out of class and go "oh, I understand now - and to think I thought that healing was in the atonement, the baptism of the Holy Spirit was a subsequent event marked with tongues, etc, etc..."

Cheers,
|ZZ|

What were the professors teaching instead?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.