✟61,615.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOD IS LOVE

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. (1 John 4:16, NIV)

But love cannot be fulfilled in a vacuum. For love to be complete it requires not only those upon whom it can lavish that love but it also requires a mature response from the objects of that love.

Dare we say it? Dare we even think it? God is “incomplete” without the mature response of love from those who have been redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus. To this end we were created.

Modern western Christianity is primarily self-centred. We are taught and constantly reminded of the blessings that are available to us as a result of our New Covenant relationship with God. We are encouraged to enter in and enjoy the peace, the joy and the liberty of the children of God. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with this.

But this is food (“milk” we could say) for spiritual children. I believe that God is longing to see his children grow, both individually and corporately, beyond this level of thinking to a place where we can enter into a mutually satisfying and mature relationship with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. (1 John 1:3, NIV)

[Fellowship is defined as a relationship based upon companionship, friendliness and a community of interest (Oxford dictionary).]

To accomplish this, I believe that he works to progressively direct the focus of our attention away from our own needs and what we derive from this relationship to something that is eternal and infinitely greater. I would suggest that he desires to envelope us in his love so that we can return to him the response of love that will satisfy the longings of his heart. It is by losing our life that we find it again.
I belong to my beloved,
and his desire is for me. (Song of Songs 7:10, NIV)

This is the driving force behind creation.
Thus I have become in his eyes
like one bringing contentment. (Song of Solomon 8:10, NIV)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited:

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's love is not sentimental, if one thinks that is part of God's character read Romans 8:228 All things work together for the GOOD of those who are called according to his purpose.
Read again ' All Things ' that literally is every and anything that happens.
Your pet hampered does, the car is written off, you loose your job etc etc etc as well as meting the love of your life, getting a wonderful job, etc etc

The events of life what ever they are, are intended to make as depend/trust/worship God.

But then God's love is also tough, he will not hesitate to apply tough, painful discipline to us his children and ultimately even though he loves alll his creation he will punish with hell those who have rejected his mercy and grace.

Gods Love is not sentimental.

Upvote 0