Dallas
✟885,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're contradicting yourself. You're saying that a person doesn't have to obey the law and do good works to be saved, instead they have to obey the law and do good works to be saved. I think you're going to have to resolve your position compared to Romans 10 better than that.

No my friend your still not understanding. We are not justified (made right with God) by obedience to the law or works. We are made right with God by Jesus’ sacrifice. By grace we are saved thru faith which produces repentance (obedience to the law) and also produces fruit (good works). We are born again becoming a new creation that no longer desires sinful things but instead desires serving God and doing what pleases Him. Once we have reached this point we must still continue to abide in Christ. Now we will all surely stumble in our walk but if we repent our sins will be forgiven. But if we stray from the path and fail to abide without repentance we will surely be condemned to the lake of fire.

• Agree
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You know I didn't "Like" it because of anything it said about Trump, furtherest thing from my mind, I was referring to the rest of it...?

Do any of you guys really believe in that Johnathan Cahn stuff, or other people like that or that either try to do or say that can do that, have foreknowledge or be a prophet about specific stuff, in that way, today anyway, do you...?

I guess that get into the debate of if or not that kind of thing stopped at some point or not...?

Or sometimes stories about Trump being elected now, in the Bible, "specifically", back then, ect...

Anyway, that was the furtherest thing from my mind when I liked it, it was other stuff after that...

God Bless!

You can count me in regarding being a fan of Jonathan Cahn, Perry Stone and Lance Wallnau

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You can count me in regarding being a fan of Jonathan Cahn, Perry Stone and Lance Wallnau
Are they true "prophets" in that sense...?

Cause some say we are all prophets in a sense, but I'm talking about just this sense, like what and how Prophets of Old had or did, or were (like)...?

Or has that died for the most part at some point...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
No my friend your still not understanding. We are not justified (made right with God) by obedience to the law or works. We are made right with God by Jesus’ sacrifice. By grace we are saved thru faith which produces repentance (obedience to the law) and also produces fruit (good works). We are born again becoming a new creation that no longer desires sinful things but instead desires serving God and doing what pleases Him. Once we have reached this point we must still continue to abide in Christ. Now we will all surely stumble in our walk but if we repent our sins will be forgiven. But if we stray from the path and fail to abide without repentance we will surely be condemned to the lake of fire.
So you're saying salvation from hell is contingent upon our ongoing performance, which is in other words, salvation by works.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Are they true "prophets" in that sense...?

Cause some say we are all prophets in a sense, but I'm talking about just this sense, like what and how Prophets of Old had or did, or were (like)...?

Or has that died for the most part at some point...?

God Bless!

I'm not a prophet, but God has given me personal prophecies that have come to pass; one on the day He said it would - 15 months away. It turned out to be regarding a miracle He was going to perform - like Jesus turning water into wine. Yep, He does those too. God is not dead, nor on vacation.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 24:24–25
24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and iperform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, jI have told you beforehand.

How can you tell the difference. You better learn or you may condemn a true prophet.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you're saying salvation from hell is contingent upon our ongoing performance, which is in other words, salvation by works.

No I’m not saying it I’m just relaying the message.

I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.

John 15:1-6

When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21

Even now the ax of God’s judgment is poised, ready to sever the roots of the trees. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire.

Matthew 3:10

Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Revelation 21:27

Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him.

Ephesians 5:3-6

But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ “Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’ “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’ “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’ “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.

Matthew 25:31-46

All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. “But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Revelation 21:7-8

Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. “And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me. But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea. “What sorrow awaits the world, because it tempts people to sin. Temptations are inevitable, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting. So if your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one hand or one foot than to be thrown into eternal fire with both of your hands and feet. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Matthew 18:3-10

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How can you tell the difference. You better learn or you may condemn a true prophet.
I stick with God's Word. I don't follow prophets of any kind. I don't condemn, however I read God's Word and warning.

Matthew 24:24–25
24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

I'm not into the 'being led astray' part.

These people are not true prophets. They are not like OT prophets who spoke or foretold.

These people reword God's Word and call it a prophesy.

Did you read some of the stuff the OP posted? General, general, general. I could have said that.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just listen and tell me how close he got to the paradigm. I thought it was amazing. As for the 4 blood moons, they are always something to consider when watching Israel. Also eclipses - sun darkened, moon turned to blood - blood moons.
I have listen to him many times. "My sheep shall hear my voice"...Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I do not hear His voice in Jonathan Cahn.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My stance is I have all I need with God's Word, prayer, the indwelling Holy Spirit, praise and worship. :amen:

If someone else needs some fluffy ear tickling stuff, have at it.

• Haha
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
My stance is I have all I need with God's Word, prayer, the indwelling Holy Spirit, praise and worship. :amen:

If someone else needs some fluffy ear tickling stuff, have at it.

You have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, so can you hear His voice? Or just through Scripture?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, so can you hear His voice? Or just through Scripture?
I think the largest way God communicates with me is through scripture. He puts things on my heart to do something for someone or to not say something but to be quiet (I can talk to much), sometimes through something a Christian friend will say they read in the Bible or their pastor preached about.

But 90% of the time, its scripture. I will remember a verse when I'm thinking or praying. It's really good to know scripture so the Holy Spirit can use it!!!!

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
No I’m not saying it I’m just relaying the message.

I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.

John 15:1-6

When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21

Even now the ax of God’s judgment is poised, ready to sever the roots of the trees. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire.

Matthew 3:10

Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Revelation 21:27

Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him.

Ephesians 5:3-6

But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ “Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’ “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’ “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’ “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.

Matthew 25:31-46

All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. “But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Revelation 21:7-8

Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. “And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me. But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea. “What sorrow awaits the world, because it tempts people to sin. Temptations are inevitable, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting. So if your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one hand or one foot than to be thrown into eternal fire with both of your hands and feet. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Matthew 18:3-10
And as I said, "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1John 3:9 And therefore if a person has been born of God he satisfies all those verses which describe those who will inherit the kingdom of God. Consequently, Once Saved, Always Saved. So why do you read "salvation by works" into verses that are merely describing the behavior of those who don't inherit the kingdom?

As for not remaining, isn't it written, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." 1John 2:19

Thus behavior and endurance in faith is not a cause but an effect, an indicator that one has been saved. But those who advocate performance based salvation have yet to belong, having yet to accept the grace of God, in place of their own "goodness" earning them salvation.

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24 Justification is finalized upon coming to faith in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I think the largest way God communicates with me is through scripture. He puts things on my heart to do something for someone or to not say something but to be quiet (I can talk to much), sometimes through something a Christian friend will say they read in the Bible or their pastor preached about.

But 90% of the time, its scripture. I will remember a verse when I'm thinking or praying. It's really good to know scripture so the Holy Spirit can use it!!!!

Boy can I relate to all you've said. I know a lot of Scripture, and a lot of Old Testament as well as new. When God is about to speak a Rhema to me, He invariably starts what He says with the words to John 15:7, telling me I am abiding in Him. Then He adds to it what I need, I pray the verse and the rest and the rest comes to pass immediately.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And as I said, "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1John 3:9 And therefore if a person has been born of God he satisfies all those verses which describe those who will inherit the kingdom of God. Consequently, Once Saved, Always Saved. So why do you read "salvation by works" into verses that are merely describing the behavior of those who don't inherit the kingdom?

As for not remaining, isn't it written, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." 1John 2:19

Thus behavior and endurance in faith is not a cause but an effect, an indicator that one has been saved. But those who advocate performance based salvation have yet to belong, having yet to accept the grace of God, in place of their own "goodness" earning them salvation.

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24 Justification is finalized upon coming to faith in Christ.

1 John 2:19 is referring to antichrists not your ordinary everyday believer. This verse is often misused implying that if anyone turns from God they were never with God to begin with. But this verse does not apply to everyone just antichrists.

• Agree
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

“Surely the Lord God does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.” (Amos 3:7)

These days, God is warning His prophets/watchmen that many of His people are going to be rejected for entrance into heaven!

About a year ago, I was greatly blessed when I first encountered some of God’s warnings to His prophets
and watchmen!

For they were a very welcome CONFIRMATION to God’s many dire warnings I had seen and believed in the NT.

Father God and the Lord Jesus Christ have been speaking to Their prophets and watchmen through words, dreams, visions, etc. as prophesied in Acts 2:17-18, Joel 2:28-32. These serve to reveal the very poor condition of the church in the last days of thise age! Many of these warnings are being shared on Internet sites, and excerpts from a few of them follow …

“My children, the churches of man have taught lies for so long that they are engrained in many of you as your truths … My dearest children, wake up and shake off all the false doctrines of man.”

“My people have been led astray by wolves in sheep’s clothing, taking from them the very spark that I put in each person. These usurpers have robbed My children of life eternal, and My children are too blind to see anything.”

“My son, warn My body to put away the strange gods that they worship (many examples are listed) … I must bring My judgments to My house,
or many will perish for all eternity.”

“My son, I weep for My people. I love them so much, yet I must bring My judgment on them to save them from an eternity away from me …
Hear My voice, walk in the spirit, put on My armor, and prepare to fight a battle that only those in Me will win. Shalom, Father.”

“Now hear Me well. You all have a short season of grace for your purification. The season is also to prepare for the hard days soon to come … My Son will come to those prepared for the marriage union.”

“I am bringing My judgements on a backslidden, rebellious Church, where the people who sit in
the pews are as lost as the world.”

“There are many who profess Me, but don’t know their efforts and their prayers are in vain.”

“For I shall have a people cleansed of all filth
of flesh and purified by My fires of purification, perfecting holiness.”

“Shepherds leading multitudes to hell”

Pastors will be held accountable for NOT teaching critical NT truths to the church! The blood of many will be on the hands of false shepherds.

“Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God.” (Hebrews 13:17).

Paul warned the church elders at Ephesus: “If anyone suffers eternal death, it’s not my fault, for I didn’t shrink from declaring all that God wants you to know.” (Acts 20:26)

Do you get a nice warm feeling in knowing you're just a little bit special above other Christians?

• Agree
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
“Surely the Lord God does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.” (Amos 3:7)

These days, God is warning His prophets/watchmen that many of His people are going to be rejected for entrance into heaven!

Oh? And who are these "prophets/watchmen" exactly? I know of no legitimate modern prophet. There are lots of poseurs, fake "prophets" who would have been stoned to death in the OT, but an actual prophet of God doesn't, I think, exist today. The Bible is entirely sufficient to reveal God's will to the world, and to equip His saints with the knowledge, wisdom, truth and spiritual principles by which to accomplish His will.

For they were a very welcome CONFIRMATION to God’s many dire warnings I had seen and believed in the NT.

Did God need to confirm what He has already said in His word? I don't think so. Your "confirmation" seems rather redundant, actually.

Father God and the Lord Jesus Christ have been speaking to Their prophets and watchmen through words, dreams, visions, etc. as prophesied in Acts 2:17-18, Joel 2:28-32. These serve to reveal the very poor condition of the church in the last days of thise age!

It doesn't take a prophet to recognize the compromised and weakened condition of the Church in the West. Anyone familiar with the Bible will see very quickly how little the Church in the West conforms to it's truth. In any case, the prophecy by Joel was fulfilled in the time and events recorded in Acts, as Luke points out. That time is now long past, the Church is well-established, the word of God written, and so prophets are no longer needed nor appointed by God.

“My children, the churches of man have taught lies for so long that they are engrained in many of you as your truths … My dearest children, wake up and shake off all the false doctrines of man.”

“My people have been led astray by wolves in sheep’s clothing, taking from them the very spark that I put in each person. These usurpers have robbed My children of life eternal, and My children are too blind to see anything.”

“My son, warn My body to put away the strange gods that they worship (many examples are listed) … I must bring My judgments to My house,
or many will perish for all eternity.”

“My son, I weep for My people. I love them so much, yet I must bring My judgment on them to save them from an eternity away from me …
Hear My voice, walk in the spirit, put on My armor, and prepare to fight a battle that only those in Me will win. Shalom, Father.”

“Now hear Me well. You all have a short season of grace for your purification. The season is also to prepare for the hard days soon to come … My Son will come to those prepared for the marriage union.”

Yeah, some so-called "prophet" on the internet declaring him/herself a speaker for God is about as legitimate as a three-dollar bill. Where's your discernment, man? Yikes!

Last edited:
Upvote 0