British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There’s a difference between thinking you can become righteous by your works and doing works knowing that only thru Jesus’ sacrifice are you made righteous. That is what Paul is talking about in Romans 10.
“For Moses writes that the law’s way of making a person right with God requires obedience to all of its commands.” Romans‬ ‭10:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Just because we are not made right with God by obeying the law or doing good works doesn’t mean that we can disregard the law and good works and still be saved. The Holy Spirit urges us to repent and do good works. This is part of walking in the Spirit and abiding in Christ. Both of which are in fact necessary for salvation but will not earn righteousness or salvation. Christ Himself will reject anyone who fails to repent and produce works whether they believe or not. Hence John 15:1-10, Matthew 7:21, Matthew 25:31-41, and several others.
Many thanks for seemingly always chipping in
with the Truth! ... We need to hear more from you.

• Friendly
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well, thank you ... but not just these days!
How about for the past 2000 years?
Paul warned the false prophets/teachers
were already there (in his day).
The old World War II generation of Pentecostal Holiness were a Holy Spirit filled bunch. They would speak in tongues, and if a message was given out there would be a hush until someone interpreted. With the old folks the interpretation was something you could take hold of and hide pleasantly in your heart.

And then... My generation came along. We had one of the ladies try interpreting tongues and said she felt the Lord was coming at such and such a time. Well... There was a disturbing feeling that went with the interpretation. There was no sensation that such a message was from the Holy Spirit and not only that, but it was also not in accordance to God's word.

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil against thee. - 2 Chronicles 18:22

Now the old World War II generation of Pentecostal Holiness has passed away I am like... Is there any word from the Lord?

6 But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the Lord besides, that we might enquire of him?
7 And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, by whom we may enquire of the Lord: but I hate him; for he never prophesied good unto me, but always evil: the same is Micaiah the son of Imla. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so.

6 But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the Lord besides, that we might enquire of him?
7 And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, by whom we may enquire of the Lord: but I hate him; for he never prophesied good unto me, but always evil: the same is Micaiah the son of Imla. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so.
8 And the king of Israel called for one of his officers, and said, Fetch quickly Micaiah the son of Imla. -
2 Chronicles 18:22

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A prophet who can point me to an incredible Scriptural and spiritual Truth (which I was not aware of) is of
value to me (and most probably to God as well).
I.E. Jesus called me to focus on the NT (not the OT),
so I'm quite sure indeed that there is much in the OT
that I'm not aware of.

What people don't get is ...
We BACs are all in the body of Christ,
and we are all dependent on one another.
Even God's prophets don't have God's
revelation on everything ... and they need
to combine their bit of revelation knowledge
together with the others to form a complete
whole of God's revelation to the body as a whole.
2 Timothy indicates that God’s Word is complete and equips the saints for every Thing.

Not sure why you need prophetic revelation when God says that we are equipped in His Word.

I would study God’s Word and don’t surf the internet for prophetical words until you’ve been properly equipped.

What they say is just a rewording of scripture anyway. Nothing prophetic about scripture that has existed for 2,000 years.

Keep focused. That’s my advice.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The old World War II generation of Pentecostal Holiness were a Holy Spirit filled bunch. They would speak in tongues, and if a message was given out there would be a hush until someone interpreted. With the old folks the interpretation was something you could take hold of and hide pleasantly in your heart.
In 1993, my wife and I (and my parents) attended a pentecostal service in Belleville, Ontario, Canada.
One person spoke in tongues + another interpreted.
Then, another tongues person + different interpreter.
3 pairs in succession, lasting about 5-10 minutes.
My wife and I both had the baptism ...
and we both felt these messages were from the Lord.

A retired pentecostal pastor was sitting somewhere behind me, and the Lord spoke to him about me.
After the service, this man told me the Lord gave him
a message for me, which was Isaiah 60:1-3.
Then, he asked me seriously,
"Are you willing to serve Him?"

Last edited:
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In this day there are many preachers and evangelist... But I know of no living prophets. Most are trying to profit rather than prophet!
Some have itchy ears and want to hear. They’re just giving them what they want.

It’s too bad people are wandering around looking in all the wrong places

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In 1993, my wife and I (and my parents) attended a pentecostal service in Belleville, Ontario, Canada.

In which the interpretation is a message, just like a sermon is from the pulpit. When you listen to a sermon you weigh the contents of it on your heart and let the Lord and the Holy Spirit nurture such a word in the heart. Such ought be interpretation of tongues. We listen, and then weigh such messages in the heart.

But, with some, such messages leave a wonder whether or not the message was from God or the flesh. In which we also do with sermons, sometimes there are hits and misses. Sometimes a minister speaks things you don't agree with. He many have not prayed up and has presented his text presumptuously, and not leaned on God enough. Such is also true with prophecies and interpretation of tongues.

But when the message is truly of God, it is something that lays well within the heart, as James said...

"...The wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy." - James 3:18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many thanks for seemingly always chipping in
with the Truth! ... We need to hear more from you.

The main problem that I believe has cause so many misinterpretations of scriptures goes all the way back to the Roman Church. Their actions and false doctrines derived from power hunger and greed destroyed the Catholic Church’s reputation resulting in the Protestant reformation where so many mistakes were made because they did not conform to anything remotely Catholic. The problem is so many people think the Roman Catholic Church today is the apostlic Catholic Church which is false. Very few Protestants know that Rome was actually kicked out of the Catholic Church in 1054AD. The original apostolic (Orthodox) doctrines concerning faith and works are 100% biblical.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

A retired pentecostal pastor was sitting somewhere behind me, and the Lord spoke to him about me.
After the service, this man told me the Lord gave him
a message for me, which was Isaiah 60:1-3.
Then, he asked me seriously,
"Are you willing to serve Him?"

Just to let you know, I like those kind of services.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
The person who lives "in Christ" does NOT live in sin.
He does NOT deliberately continue to sin.
He CANNOT continue doing what is against His nature.
If he does sin, he quickly repents of it and is cleansed.
If he continues to knowingly commit some sin,
he is NOT "in Christ".
He does NOT know Him and He does NOT know him.
Only those who obey Christ and are pure in heart
are "in Christ", and will see Him and know Him.
So, Once Saved, Always Saved. And Once Saved, the person will not continue to sin due to the nature of regeneration. If a person does continue to sin, regardless of his claim of belonging to Christ, such a person had never been saved to begin with. Thus behavior is not a cause but an indicator of whether someone had been saved. Do we finally agree on that?

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
So, Once Saved, Always Saved. And Once Saved, the person will not continue to sin due to the nature of regeneration. If a person does continue to sin, regardless of his claim of belonging to Christ, such a person had never been saved to begin with. Thus behavior is not a cause but an indicator of whether someone had been saved. Do we finally agree on that?

I think the Calvinist / Arminian divide is something that is not going away. We Arminian do not, and never will, embrace OSAS.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Very few Protestants know that Rome was actually kicked out of the Catholic Church in 1054AD. The original apostolic (Orthodox) doctrines concerning faith and works are 100% biblical.
While evangelizing in Bulgaria, I was told that indeed
the Roman church separated from the original Othodox church, which is now: Greek Orthodox, Bulgarian Ortho-
dox, Russian Orthodox, etc.; each has its' own Patriarch.
In 1000 a.d. Bulgarian missionaries evangelized Russia, and that is why Russia gave up 200,000 of its' soldiers to free Bulgaria in 1878 from the Turkish Ottoman Empire.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
There’s a difference between thinking you can become righteous by your works and doing works knowing that only thru Jesus’ sacrifice are you made righteous. That is what Paul is talking about in Romans 10.

“For Moses writes that the law’s way of making a person right with God requires obedience to all of its commands.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Just because we are not made right with God by obeying the law or doing good works doesn’t mean that we can disregard the law and good works and still be saved. The Holy Spirit urges us to repent and do good works. This is part of walking in the Spirit and abiding in Christ. Both of which are in fact necessary for salvation but will not earn righteousness or salvation. Christ Himself will reject anyone who fails to repent and produce works whether they believe or not. Hence John 15:1-10, Matthew 7:21, Matthew 25:31-41, and several others.
You're contradicting yourself. You're saying that a person doesn't have to obey the law and do good works to be saved, instead they have to obey the law and do good works to be saved. I think you're going to have to resolve your position compared to Romans 10 better than that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

“Surely the Lord God does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.” (Amos 3:7)

These days, God is warning His prophets/watchmen that many of His people are going to be rejected for entrance into heaven!

About a year ago, I was greatly blessed when I first encountered some of God’s warnings to His prophets
and watchmen!

For they were a very welcome CONFIRMATION to God’s many dire warnings I had seen and believed in the NT.

Father God and the Lord Jesus Christ have been speaking to Their prophets and watchmen through words, dreams, visions, etc. as prophesied in Acts 2:17-18, Joel 2:28-32. These serve to reveal the very poor condition of the church in the last days of thise age! Many of these warnings are being shared on Internet sites, and excerpts from a few of them follow …

“My children, the churches of man have taught lies for so long that they are engrained in many of you as your truths … My dearest children, wake up and shake off all the false doctrines of man.”

“My people have been led astray by wolves in sheep’s clothing, taking from them the very spark that I put in each person. These usurpers have robbed My children of life eternal, and My children are too blind to see anything.”

“My son, warn My body to put away the strange gods that they worship (many examples are listed) … I must bring My judgments to My house,
or many will perish for all eternity.”

“My son, I weep for My people. I love them so much, yet I must bring My judgment on them to save them from an eternity away from me …
Hear My voice, walk in the spirit, put on My armor, and prepare to fight a battle that only those in Me will win. Shalom, Father.”

“Now hear Me well. You all have a short season of grace for your purification. The season is also to prepare for the hard days soon to come … My Son will come to those prepared for the marriage union.”

“I am bringing My judgements on a backslidden, rebellious Church, where the people who sit in
the pews are as lost as the world.”

“There are many who profess Me, but don’t know their efforts and their prayers are in vain.”

“For I shall have a people cleansed of all filth
of flesh and purified by My fires of purification, perfecting holiness.”

“Shepherds leading multitudes to hell”

Pastors will be held accountable for NOT teaching critical NT truths to the church! The blood of many will be on the hands of false shepherds.

“Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God.” (Hebrews 13:17).

Paul warned the church elders at Ephesus: “If anyone suffers eternal death, it’s not my fault, for I didn’t shrink from declaring all that God wants you to know.” (Acts 20:26)
There are or is a false truth about man that is out there that many recognize and that some reason that there must be another truth, for we adamantly declare we are not like them, but also in doing that, many have just latched onto another false truth that is nearly just as bad, and are deluding/deceiving themselves with some false truth that they have created and have wrapped around themselves, and these ones sometimes even got a glimpse of the real truth but rejected it in favor of their false truth(s) (due to their own pride, ego, and/or vanity)... So, what is the real truth about us...? Scripture tells us, but not very many truly find it or know it...

These ones that have wrapped their false truths around themselves or made their own false truths, are said to guilty of "greater sin"... That greater sin being and having everything to do with, thinking you are not a sinner, don't sin, ect, that you are your own maker or make or made yourself (by and through works and earning, ect) (Your your own Savior, ect)... Law and works, earning, sin costs you your salvation, ect... All kind of crazy ideas and or notions, especially notions due to a truly humble being...

Anyway, The ones that were said to have "greater sin", were the ones who claimed they had no sin, were holy and righteous in and of themselves and because of themselves, ect, due to their own obedience out of their will, when they were not really even obeying at all, and their "way" that they thought was totally right, was totally wrong, a thing He (Jesus) tried to point out to them (Pharisees and people of Law, and way of works) many, many times, over and over again...

They were guilty of "greater sin", and they were the ones Jesus was upset with the most, And very angry and mad with the most, and not the other people or other crowds/groups as much or so much, but the ones who He said/says was/were guilty of "greater sin"...

I think that is where Judgment begins with His house first.. And those "greater sin people", if they do not repent are going to Hell...

God Bless!

Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think the Calvinist / Arminian divide is something that is not going away. We Arminian do not, and never will, embrace OSAS.
But, do you see man having free will to choose Jesus?
Fact is, the BAC does have free will to reject Jesus later.
Sorry, topic for a different thread.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Who is "Will"?
Will Will will himself into heaven ...
through choosing to co-operate with the Holy Spirit,
through choosing to practicing righteousness, etc.?
And through choosing to obey Jesus' commandments?
That's the question that Will must decide for himself.

Upvote 0