God is confirming His NT warnings through His prophets/watchmen

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
What you don't understand about "works" is obedience to not sin is not a "work." Shall we sin so grace may abound? What would you say?
Yes it is a work, it is justification by works. Proof:

Rom 10:5 Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them." (Lev 18:5)

So Moses is being quoted from Lev 18:5. What does the context say? "You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the LORD your God. Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am the LORD." Followed by a series of "do not's". Do no commit sexual immorality, "Do not steal. "’Do not lie. bdeceive one another. ’Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God. I am the LORD. Do not defraud your neighbor or rob him. "’Do not hold back the wages of a hired man overnight. ’Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the LORD "’Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly. Do not go about spreading slander among your people. "’Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the LORD. Do not hate your brother in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in his guilt. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."

Thus justification by the law, which apparently many misconstrue as being the gospel, is in a large part a matter of not doing things. Those are one's works because those regard one's performance.

This in contrast to justification by faith apart from works, which Paul goes on in Romans 10 to describe:

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’" (that is, to bring Christ down)
7 "or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
12 ¶ For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile— the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,
13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

As for your reference to Romans 6, Paul is referring to those who are already save by faith apart from works. He acknowledges such people are no longer under law, but under grace and as such sin has no impact on their eternal destiny.

If you read Romans 6 you find that, contrary to the dogma of salvation by works Christians motivated out of trying to earn salvation by their performance, Paul simply gives rhetorical questions. That is, while those not born of God ask "Why not sin?", those who have been born of God ask "Why sin?". The difference is due to the regenerate nature such that "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1John 3:9 This in contrast to salvation by works Christians who can't be motivated to do what is right unless they're threatened with eternal condemnation, and even then they don't characteristically do what is right.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
... if it coordinates with scripture and I study scripture, there is nothing new for them to tell that wasn’t told or foretold 2,000 years ago.
The cannon closed a long time ago.
Do your beliefs co-ordinate with the many NT verses
that I have posted in my recent threads ...
about what is required for BACs to be saved?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

“Surely the Lord God does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.” (Amos 3:7)

These days, God is warning His prophets/watchmen that many of His people are going to be rejected for entrance into heaven!

About a year ago, I was greatly blessed when I first encountered some of God’s warnings to His prophets
and watchmen!

For they were a very welcome CONFIRMATION to God’s many dire warnings I had seen and believed in the NT.

Father God and the Lord Jesus Christ have been speaking to Their prophets and watchmen through words, dreams, visions, etc. as prophesied in Acts 2:17-18, Joel 2:28-32. These serve to reveal the very poor condition of the church in the last days of thise age! Many of these warnings are being shared on Internet sites, and excerpts from a few of them follow …

“My children, the churches of man have taught lies for so long that they are engrained in many of you as your truths … My dearest children, wake up and shake off all the false doctrines of man.”

“My people have been led astray by wolves in sheep’s clothing, taking from them the very spark that I put in each person. These usurpers have robbed My children of life eternal, and My children are too blind to see anything.”

“My son, warn My body to put away the strange gods that they worship (many examples are listed) … I must bring My judgments to My house,
or many will perish for all eternity.”

“My son, I weep for My people. I love them so much, yet I must bring My judgment on them to save them from an eternity away from me …
Hear My voice, walk in the spirit, put on My armor, and prepare to fight a battle that only those in Me will win. Shalom, Father.”

“Now hear Me well. You all have a short season of grace for your purification. The season is also to prepare for the hard days soon to come … My Son will come to those prepared for the marriage union.”

“I am bringing My judgements on a backslidden, rebellious Church, where the people who sit in
the pews are as lost as the world.”

“There are many who profess Me, but don’t know their efforts and their prayers are in vain.”

“For I shall have a people cleansed of all filth
of flesh and purified by My fires of purification, perfecting holiness.”

“Shepherds leading multitudes to hell”

Pastors will be held accountable for NOT teaching critical NT truths to the church! The blood of many will be on the hands of false shepherds.

“Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God.” (Hebrews 13:17).

Paul warned the church elders at Ephesus: “If anyone suffers eternal death, it’s not my fault, for I didn’t shrink from declaring all that God wants you to know.” (Acts 20:26)
If we know where we are on the timeline of end times prophecy, it's easy to rule out most of what we hear today as prophecy.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes it is a work, it is justification by works. Proof:

Rom 10:5 Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them." (Lev 18:5)

So Moses is being quoted from Lev 18:5. What does the context say? "You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the LORD your God. Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am the LORD." Followed by a series of "do not's". Do no commit sexual immorality, "Do not steal. "’Do not lie. bdeceive one another. ’Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God. I am the LORD. Do not defraud your neighbor or rob him. "’Do not hold back the wages of a hired man overnight. ’Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the LORD "’Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly. Do not go about spreading slander among your people. "’Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the LORD. Do not hate your brother in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in his guilt. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."

Thus justification by the law, which apparently many misconstrue as being the gospel, is in a large part a matter of not doing things. Those are one's works because those regard one's performance.

This in contrast to justification by faith apart from works, which Paul goes on in Romans 10 to describe:

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’" (that is, to bring Christ down)
7 "or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
12 ¶ For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile— the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,
13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

As for your reference to Romans 6, Paul is referring to those who are already save by faith apart from works. He acknowledges such people are no longer under law, but under grace and as such sin has no impact on their eternal destiny.

If you read Romans 6 you find that, contrary to the dogma of salvation by works Christians motivated out of trying to earn salvation by their performance, Paul simply gives rhetorical questions. That is, while those not born of God ask "Why not sin?", those who have been born of God ask "Why sin?". The difference is due to the regenerate nature such that "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1John 3:9 This in contrast to salvation by works Christians who can't be motivated to do what is right unless they're threatened with eternal condemnation, and even then they don't characteristically do what is right.

Don't be deceived. There is a heresy from Luther that you seem to be caught up in. He said, "Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God’s glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: harko
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If we know where we are on the timeline of end times prophecy, it's easy to rule out most of what we hear today as prophecy.
You don't care for Gods warnings to His BACs
(through His prophets) to shape up, or else?
But, this is also what the NT teaches us ... no, warns us!

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Luther ... said, "Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world ..."
Yes, because it is the exact opposite of what the NT says!
This is why God is so upset with almost all of our pastors!
So much so, that many will be cast into outer darkness!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

That is what I meant in #4

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which pastors is God pleased with?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What are they saying that scripture doesn't say better?

There are some astounding paradigms showing a correlation between Ahab and Jezebel to our last few politicians in America from Bill and Hillary Clinton to Trump. Also Cyrus and Trump.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This sounds like the warnings Jesus gave in his letter to the Laodecian church. Many pass over these seven letters believe they are to inconsequential churches long past, instead of our PRESENT CHURCH AGE.
Isn't that like saying everyone who isn't out building an ark right now is simply passing over Genesis 5:14-16 believing it was only for inconsequential peoples long past?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some astounding paradigms showing a correlation between Ahab and Jezebel to our last few politicians in America from Bill and Hillary Clinton to Trump. Also Cyrus and Trump.
Are they fulfilling prophecy?

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What are they saying that scripture doesn't say better?
God is saying and the prophets are parroting
what God and the NT are saying ... simply because
most BACs today do NOT believe what the NT says!

Thus, God's BACs are NOT co-operating with His Spirit
and are NOT walking in the Spirit, obeying Jesus, etc.!

Instead, they are habitually sinning without repentance!
(Habitually means w/o repentance.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is saying and the prophets are parroting
what God and the NT is saying ...
simply because most in the church
do NOT believe either God nor them!
What makes you think most of the church is any worse off than your church?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Are they fulfilling prophecy?

They are paralleling accounts in Scripture. If you ever were unsure that Trump was God's man, the parallel is reassuring that he is.

Upvote 0