hutch1cor1013

Apr 26, 2013
✟8,128.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
God Is An Eyewitness

The final words of Jesus just before He ascended into heaven are a constant encouragement in my ministry and should be for every Christian.

“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:18-20).

It is great reassurance to remind ourselves, “I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (v.20).

However, that is not a new promise in the Scriptures. The Psalmist David reflected on that great truth about the LORD God is Psalm 139 when he wrote, “Where can I go from Thy Spirit?” Or where can I flee from The presence?” (v.7). I don’t think at that stage in his life he wanted to escape from God. He was thinking through the implications, and applying the omnipresence of God to His own his own life situations.

We are not alone in our circumstances. The Lord is with us all the time. The reason He sees and knows everything is because He is everywhere all the time. God will forever be with me. He is constantly aware of where I am and what I am doing. I am never out of His sight, and because I am never out of His sight, I am never out of His awareness. I am never “out of sight, out of mind.” Nothing in my life catches Him by surprise.

It is a comfort to know that I can never escape Him. Even if I were so foolish to want to, I could never flee from His presence or His knowledge of my circumstances.

“If I ascend to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me. If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night,’ Even the darkness is not dark to You, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You” (Psalm 139:8-12).

Think about it. There is no place to flee from His eyes. But why should I ever want to flee His presence? Knowing that He is aware of my thoughts and actions gives encouragement to keep my mind and heart pure.

“But you are not perfect Wil Pounds.” No, I am not sinless in thought or deed. But knowing that He knows when I sin drives me to the cross, and the fact that if the blood of Jesus does not wash me of all my sins, I can never be saved and glorified.

The fact that He knows when I sin is a humbling truth; however, it is also the greatest incentive to go to Him as David did and confess my sins. “I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide; I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the Lord’; And You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah” (Psalm 32:5).

The apostle John wrote, “And the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin” (1 John 1:7b). The original language says, the blood of Jesus “continues to cleanse,” keeps on cleansing constantly. All my sins, every sin, are under His cleansing blood. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us” (1 John 1:9-10).

Yes, He is an eyewitness, so why should I fear His presence? He has made a perfect provision to cover all my sins. I am secure in His all-knowing presence and powerful hands.

Selah!

Message by Wil Pounds (c) 2006