God is all about Love - Not about making gender based rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Such as Hebrews 13:4 that says the marriage bed should remain pure, and God will judge the adulterer and sexually immoral.

Stick with one partner. Don't sleep around.
Treat others as you would have them treat you.

Or in John 8:7-11 where Jesus tells the women who is sleeping around to leave her life of sin.

Treat others as you would have them treat you. .

Romans 1:26-28 says, "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done."

Jude 1:7-8 says, "In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings."

1st Timothy 1:8-11 says, "We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."

Mark 10:6-9 says, "for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."

1st Corinthians 6:9-11 says, "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Leviticus 18:22 "‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

That's not literally possible, is it?
And how to we track what kind of sex people have? And with who?

1st Corinthians 6:17-20 says, "But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Last edited:
Reactions: FireDragon76

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For a "Berean" you are grossly over simplifying the word and misapplying it entirely. I am with the other poster. Is your stance that any type of marriage is ok?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For a "Berean" you are grossly over simplifying the word and misapplying it entirely. I am with the other poster. Is your stance that any type of marriage is ok?

Thank you. Simplifying is my thing! My specialty is seeing the big picture.
Love for others is the big picture. "Hating what you don't know" is my older style self.

Many of my neighbors are single men, women and couples of each.

Please allow me to re-complicate this issue then. Please take your hate
for certain types of sex you think your neighbors may be having, and run
them though this list as a test to see if you are thinking straight:

James 2:8
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Proverbs 3:29
Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 15:2
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Proverbs 25:17-18
Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor's house, lest he have his fill of you and hate you. A man who bears false witness against his neighbor is like a war club, or a sword, or a sharp arrow.

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Luke 10:27
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 6:31
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Romans 13:10
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Leviticus 19:16-18
You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord. “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

Matthew 19:19
Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Galatians 6:10
So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Zechariah 8:16
These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another; render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace;

Isaiah 58:6-14
“Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’ If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. ...

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Zechariah 8:17
Do not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath, for all these things I hate, declares the Lord.”

Psalm 15:1-3
A Psalm of David. O Lord, who shall sojourn in your tent? Who shall dwell on your holy hill? He who walks blamelessly and does what is right and speaks truth in his heart; who does not slander with his tongue and does no evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend;

Leviticus 6:2-5
“If anyone sins and commits a breach of faith against the Lord by deceiving his neighbor in a matter of deposit or security, or through robbery, or if he has oppressed his neighbor or has found something lost and lied about it, swearing falsely—in any of all the things that people do and sin thereby— if he has sinned and has realized his guilt and will restore what he took by robbery or what he got by oppression or the deposit that was committed to him or the lost thing that he found or anything about which he has sworn falsely, he shall restore it in full and shall add a fifth to it, and give it to him to whom it belongs on the day he realizes his guilt.

John 14:15
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Psalm 46:1
To the choirmaster. Of the Sons of Korah. According to Alamoth. A Song. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Deuteronomy 28:1-68
“And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. ...

Exodus 23:4
“If you meet your enemy's ox or his donkey going astray, you shall bring it back to him.

James 3:8-12
But no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.

Ephesians 4:28
Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

Romans 12:19
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Proverbs 3:28
Do not say to your neighbor, “Go, and come again, tomorrow I will give it”—when you have it with you.

Exodus 20:16
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Hebrews 13:3
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Proverbs 25:26
Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make

humankind in our image, after our likeness, so they may rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move on the earth.”

1:27 God created humankind in his own image,

in the image of God he created them,

male and female he created them.

So that's what God wants us to know about His intentions.

The information from genetic studies indicate a 'male' human is determined by cells having an "XY" combination of a certain set of basic genes (I can't remember the full details at the moment, look it up) and a 'female' human has an "XX" combination.

For those who aren't sure, these genetic codes are not changed by any amount of surgery to all, remove, re-purpose or modify any physical body part.

That's what secular medical science has to say about it.

So, despite what current 'political correctness' would force us to accept, a 'male' cannot become a 'female' simply by self-identifying, or even by a complicated surgical procedure.

I know there are people who are terribly confused and tormented by conditions and circumstances in this regard. However, confusion and torment are not corrected by simply agreeing with whatever they say and allowing them to believe anything to suit their fantasy.

Doing such a thing - of complying with, assisting and advocating their illusion is NOT love. Not any more than telling a non-believer that all will be well with them when they die as long as they are 'sincere'.

Love is NOT allowing a child to eat candy until he or she barfs themself inside out.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not certain what your point is. Are you trying to say that God condones homosexuality?

Not certain of my point?

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I'm definitely all for the "stick with one partner" thing of course (it preserves a bond between the partners), but apparently in the Bible King David (who was declared righteous by God) has multiple wives and several concubines (and since concubines are unmarried women he "sleeps around" with...)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make humankind in our image, after our likeness, so they may rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move on the earth.”1:27 God created humankind in his own image,in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them.So that's what God wants us to know about His intentions.The information from genetic studies indicate a 'male' human is determined by cells having an "XY" combination of a certain set of basic genes (I can't remember the full details at the moment, look it up) and a 'female' human has an "XX" combination.For those who aren't sure, these genetic codes are not changed by any amount of surgery to all, remove, re-purpose or modify any physical body part.

It's always funner to not remember what you forgot you learnt:

These include mutations or structural anomalies of the SRY region on the Y chromosome resulting in
XY gonadal dysgenesis,
XX males,
or XY females;
defects of androgen biosynthesis or androgen receptors, and others.
WHO | Gender and Genetics

Imagine being a forty-six-year-old woman pregnant with her third child, whose amniocentesis follow-up shows that half her cells carry male chromosomes. Or a seventy-year-old father of three who learns during a hernia repair that he has a uterus. A recent news feature in Nature mentioned these cases as it elaborated on the spectrum of sex biology. People can be sexed in a non-straightforward way and not even be aware of it; in fact, most probably aren’t.

As many as 1 person in 100 has some form of “DSD,” a difference/disorder of sex development.
http://scopeblog.stanford.edu/2015/02/24/sex-biology-redefined-genes-dont-indicate-binary-sexes/

Human Chromosomal Abnormalities: Sex Chromosome Abnormalities

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm definitely all for the "stick with one partner" thing of course (it preserves a bond between the partners), but apparently in the Bible King David (who was declared righteous by God) has multiple wives and several concubines (and since concubines are unmarried women he "sleeps around" with...)

There is only one person who is not a sinner, in scripture.
The rest are.
Moses buried a guy in the sand after killing him.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1:27 God created humankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them,
male and female he created them.
So that's what God wants us to know about His intentions.

After God stopped creating people directly, He revealed that the task of
procreation would be very painful for humans. Now you must learn to love all the messed
up off-spring that we all produce thanks to our sinful state.
This is not the land of Oz anymore. You're back in Kansas.

For example, genetic men with Klinefelter syndrome possess an extra X chromosome (XXY) or more rarely, two or three extra Xs (XXXY, XXXXY); they typically produce low levels of testosterone, leading to less-developed masculine sexual characteristics and more-developed feminine characteristics than other men. In contrast, some men receive an extra Y chromosome (XYY) in the genetic lottery, and while they have been referred to as “supermales” that is more sensationalism than science.

Genetic women with Turner syndrome have only one X chromosome; they often display less-developed female sexual characteristics than other women. And people with a genetic mosaic possess XX chromosomes in some cells and XY in others. So how do we determine if they’re male or female? Hint: Don’t say that it depends on the chromosomal makeup of the majority of their cells, since women with more than 90 per cent XY genetic material have given birth.

Even if you get the “right” combination of sex chromosomes, it’s no guarantee that you’ll fit into the carefully circumscribed human definitions of male and female.

For example, genetic women (XX) with congenital adrenal hyperplasia produced unusually high levels of virilizing hormones in utero and develop stereotypically masculine sexual characteristics, including masculinized genitals.
Think gender comes down to X and Y chromosomes? Think again

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Not about making gender based rules."

Gen_3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Lev_15:25 And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean.

All you did as cherry pick verses that supported your copy and paste statements and then you ignored all verses that contradict your OP title. That's poor bible study :(

God very much is about gender based rules.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not certain what your point is. Are you trying to say that God condones homosexuality?
He might make a concession for it, under certain rules and guidelines, like he did with some sinful things in the OT... That would act like a band aid, or patching a hole in a leaky boat...

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...re-concessions-for-that-time-and-era.7968757/

Like "stick with one partner, don't sleep around, treat others how you would have them treat you..."

Very excellent post Skywriting...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That was a "concession" for people who could afford to take care of and support and protect those women for life, in the OT, it is not a NT principle...

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That was a "concession" for people who could afford to take care of and support and protect those women for life, in the OT, it is not a NT principle...

That may be so, but God is all-powerful, he wouldn't need to make "concessions". Maybe a human ruler would, but not God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Not about making gender based rules."

Gen_3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Lev_15:25 And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean.

All you did as cherry pick verses that supported your copy and paste statements and then you ignored all verses that contradict your OP title. That's poor bible study :(

God very much is about gender based rules.

I did not cherry pick in the least.

If any rule applies to others and is not what you would wish applied to you, it must be discarded from your mind.
For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets. - Mathew 7: 12

You must even discard gender errors in scripture.
Here comes two now, as you can see, scripture makes gender errors in it writing. Scripture was written by sinners, edited by sinners, and translated by sinners. As far as we know, Jesus only wrote in the sand with His finger.

Matthew 7:12 - Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Luke 6:31 - And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Galatians 5:14 - For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

James 2:8 - If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Mark 12:31 - And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

1 Peter 3:9 - Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Matthew 7:1-5 - Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And he paid dearly for it, which is often left out of such pleadings.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That may be so, but God is all-powerful, he wouldn't need to make "concessions". Maybe a human ruler would, but not God.
Interesting point but rather raises a question back in the mirror.
Why should anyone insist God make concessions for someone said to be made differently?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed for staff review.

As a reminder, the site rules include:

Homosexuality may not be promoted* on CF. Several debate forums allow same-sex marriage to be discussed from a political, legal, historical, and civil rights point of view. Please check the Statement of Purpose thread for individual debate forums before posting. Homosexuality and SSM may be discussed in the Congregational forums according to each forums' guidelines in their Statement of Purpose. Homosexuality and SSM may be discussed, without promotion*, in the Struggles with Sexuality and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues. Members may not promote* homosexuality or same-sex marriage in their profiles​

This is not a forum that allows discussion of same sex marriage.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.