Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So this is where I stand! I have finally grasped, what my trust in God, specifically is:
God is able to warn us, of which Evolution was next
This is a lifelong thing, the Devil has no such power.

It doesn't need a lot of discussion, I basically came to an agreement within myself, that I was going to stop trying to develop a greater theory than Evolution (out of humility, I guess) - stop competing with Evolution: from there, God was able to work!

All of a sudden, I realised "I don't need to fight this, God can have whatever Evolution He wants" and from that the warning that whatever the Evolution was, God could help me anticipate it. How good is that?

It necessarily means, that Evolution of Man will always remain "of Man". It doesn't need approval, it comes specifically from God!

I'm interested to see, whether your spirit agrees with what I am saying here!

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If God made man through evolution, is not evolution its actually design, because we have a soul and spirit which is compatible with our bodies and work closely together.
Either way evolution stops being 'evolution' and becomes something God made with a 'plan' and 'design in mind' which is totally different from what science calls evolution.

Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
If God made man through evolution, is not evolution its actually design, because we have a soul and spirit which is compatible with our bodies and work closely together.
Either way evolution stops being 'evolution' and becomes something God made with a 'plan' and 'design in mind' which is totally different from what science calls evolution.

The point is, we don't need the Devil.

(the Devil needs us!)

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hard to pick a box, could have done multiple. But all powerful.. I think you are saying that us meddling with DNA and stuff, is doing the building of the great tower that God leveled to the ground, and made us all speak different languages. Challenging his authority, and it might happen again. Might happen right now with the volatile weather

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why did you not include none of the above to your choices for those, like myself, who do not believe there is any observable evidence where there should be tons of it, in the fossil record, for Darwin's theory of evolution?

Well, that's a testable assumption. Here's YE creationist Kurt Wise on that issue...

Evidences for Darwin’s second expectation — of stratomorphic intermediate species — include such species as Baragwanathia27 (between rhyniophytes and lycopods), Pikaia28 (between echinoderms and chordates), Purgatorius29 (between the tree shrews and the primates), and Proconsul30 (between the non-hominoid primates and the hominoids). Darwin’s third expectation — of higher-taxon stratomorphic intermediates — has been confirmed by such examples as the mammal-like reptile groups31 between the reptiles and the mammals, and the phenacodontids32 between the horses and their presumed
ancestors. Darwin’s fourth expectation — of stratomorphic series — has been confirmed by such examples as the early bird series,33 the tetrapod series,34,35 the whale series,36 the various mammal series of the Cenozoic37 (for example, the horse series, the camel series, the elephant series, the pig series, the titanothere series, etc.), the Cantius and Plesiadapus primate series,38 and the hominid series.39

Evidence for not just one but for all three of the species level and above types of stratomorphic intermediates expected by macroevolutionary theory is surely strong evidence for macroevolutionary theory. Creationists therefore need to accept this fact. It certainly CANNOT be said that traditional
creation theory expected (predicted) any of these fossil finds.

YE creationist Dr. Kurt Wise, Toward a Creationist Understanding of Transitional Forms

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think what it is for me, is that I have an assurance: that whatever my adaptations in this life, they were, are and will be human - that will never change.

It's a relief, basically.

The human genome may get corrupted, it may get old, it may get tired - but fundamentally, it will always be human.

Praise God! (And praise Him again!)

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The human genome may get corrupted, it may get old, it may get tired - but fundamentally, it will always be human.

Was the Neandertal genome human? How about H. sapiens heidelbergensis? How about H. ergaster? What is your evidence for this?

Upvote 0