God intentionally breaking up couples for better partners?

DrFrank

May 20, 2010
✟494.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
As a matter of fact Jesus tells us that leaving a marital relationship to hook up with a much better partner that God wants them to be with is one of the ways to obtain salvation.Let Him explain it in His own words:

Matthew 19:29 (New King James Version)

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.

WHAT A GREAT DEAL,A GUARANTEED SALVATION !

Upvote 0

Mr. 5020

Jan 7, 2005
Texas
✟8,071.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is there anywhere in the Bible that shows God breaking up a couples' relationship so that one (or both) could end up with a better partner--preferably one that God had chosen for them?
Not that I know of.

But, couples worked a bit differently in that era.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
More info:

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
1Co 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

The believing can only depart if there is abuse and/or adultery in a marriage.

Upvote 0

Aimiel

Moved to A Site with Freedom of Speech
Aug 7, 2010
Ohio
Visit site
✟8,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The believer staying in the 'loveless' marriage due to His command... I wonder how many in Heaven will thank God for making His Will apparent in that expression? I imagine more than a few. I prayed earnestly for over three years of separation for my marriage, until the day the divorce was decreed. 21 years, and no regrets. In December my current marriage will be twelve years. I don't believe either of us will ever find it to be loveless. Thank God for a wife who loves The Lord. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
As a matter of fact Jesus tells us that leaving a marital relationship to hook up with a much better partner that God wants them to be with is one of the ways to obtain salvation.Let Him explain it in His own words:

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.

Wow, that's some interpretation.

I'm nearly speechless.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Is there anywhere in the Bible that shows God breaking up a couples' relationship so that one (or both) could end up with a better partner--preferably one that God had chosen for them?

Consider David + Nabal + Abigail , and note how the " break up " was carried out !

Read about it here - 1 Samuel Chapter 25

Reactions: O_Sky20
Upvote 0
L

Life2Christ

Sorry try again. Jesus was *very* specific about the exiting of marriage and voluntarily leaving your spouse WAS NOT part of the deal. Biblical divorce is only allowed under 2 conditions: 1.) If your non-Christian spouse leaves you & 2.) Adultery. Jesus did not say to leave your spouse if THEY are not Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟117,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The Bible talks about marriage, it doesn't talk much about relationships prior to that, partly because they didn't really exist back then, partly because, until recently, people would spend ~15 years of their life unmarried and not available, ~50 years married, and maybe a few years "on the market" with very little time actually in any sort of "relationship" in that time on the market, so it's a very small slice of life that you're talking about.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Scripturally, a second marriage is considered adultery, even if the couple broke up.
1Co 7:11

But divorce and remarriage are mentioned in the Bible as though they are recognized in the society.

There is a provision for a widow to remarry the husband's brother, which made sure she is not stranded raising kids with no income (assumed).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are talking about dating couples, I think it works the same way as many other choices we have in life (choice of college, job, city to live, etc.). Sometimes we may get nudges from the Holy Spirit, other times we may not. Sometimes we interpret our own emotions as the will of God, and sometimes it's the real thing. Sometimes God's will actually leads us to a very unfavorable result as a way of building character and wisdom. The important thing is to trust in Him and hold on for the ride!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums