Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A good person points out that JW's deny that "God in us personally".

This is something we should investigate.

Romans 8:9-11 But you are not ruled by your sinful selves. You are ruled by the Spirit, if that Spirit of God really lives in you. But whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Christ. Your body will always be dead because of sin. But if Christ is in you, then the Spirit gives you life, because Christ made you right with God. God raised Jesus from death. And if God’s Spirit lives in you, he will also give life to your bodies that die. Yes, God is the one who raised Christ from death, and he will raise you to life through his Spirit living in you.

1 Corinthians 3:16You should know that you yourselves are God’s temple. God’s Spirit lives in you.

1 Corinthians 6:19You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit that you received from God and that lives in you. You don’t own yourselves.

2 Corinthians 13:5Look closely at yourselves. Test yourselves to see if you are living in the faith. Don’t you realize that Christ Jesus is in you? Of course, if you fail the test, he is not in you.

Galatians 4:6Since you are now God’s children, he has sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts. The Spirit cries out, “ Abba, Father.”

Ephesians 3:16I ask the Father with his great glory to give you the power to be strong in your spirits. He will give you that strength through his Spirit.

Colossians 1:27God decided to let his people know just how rich and glorious that truth is. That secret truth, which is for all people, is that Christ lives in you, his people. He is our hope for glory.

Colossians 3:16Let the teaching of Christ live inside you richly. Use all wisdom to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

1 John 2:27Christ gave you a special gift. You still have this gift in you. So you don’t need anyone to teach you. The gift he gave you teaches you about everything. It is a true gift, not a false one. So continue to live in Christ, as his gift taught you. Bible Gateway passage: 1 John 2 - Easy-to-Read Version

1 John 4:4My dear children, you belong to God, so you have already defeated these false prophets. That’s because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

I have not checked the context of each verse.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am guessing they would say those verses apply only to the 144,000

What keywords would they use for those people?

Check the salutations at the beginning of these letters.

• Friendly
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am guessing they would say those verses apply only to the 144,000
Not all Jehovah's Witnesses are alike. There are ones who would say, "Thank you" for sharing Philippians 2:13 with them. And then they can evaluate between themselves and God. And ones do leave the Jehovah's Witnesses, or they stay in order to reach others.

Also we have >

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

I would say this is personal, yes, and very intimate with the Lord, if each of His children is "one spirit with Him".

So, let's see what the New World Translation does with this >

"But whoever is joined to the Lord is one with Him in spirit."

And my interlinear Greek word for word is like this >

but he that is joined to the Lord one spirit is

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0