• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

God Hates the Arrogant and Proud

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by Aabbie James, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Aabbie James

Aabbie James The Word Became Flesh

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Herod was struck down dead by God because he let people worship him as a god.

Acts 12:21–23 So on an appointed day, dressed in royal robes and seated on the throne, Herod delivered a public address to them. The assembled people began to shout, "It's the voice of a god and not of a man!" At once an angel of the Lord struck him because he did not give the glory to God, and he became infected with worms and died.

God has made all things for himself and his glory he will not give to another.

Discuss...

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. gospels

gospels Active Member Supporter

+290
    India
    Christian
    Single
  3. Stranger36147

Stranger36147 Member

+283
    Christian
    With me, it's just the opposite. So I think my question would be:

Does God hate those who hate themselves? Cause that describes me.

4. Stabat Mater

Stabat Mater Jesus Christ conquers! Supporter

+6,413
    Holy See (vatican City State)
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    Cant stand is better than hatred. I dont think God hates the wicked and the proud, but I believe that he cannot stand it. I have a hard time believing that God hates any human be that a wicked one or a righteous one. God loves us and offers us redemption and everything which is good and desirable. If we chose not to take God up on his offer than that's our decision, but even if we chose to face our own perdition he will never hate us nor despise us. He will only accept our stupid choice.

God hates the sin and satan, but never the sinner.

5. Deborah D

Deborah D Prayer Warrior Supporter

+1,081
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    I don't believe that God hates those who feel the emotion of self-hatred. The devil is the one who hates you, and as long as he (or his demons) can keep you in bondage to self-hatred, you will be less effective for God's kingdom.. This is serious and needs to be fought with the spiritual weapons all Christians are given.

God tells us that He loved the world so much that He gave His only Son. Any thoughts of self-hated are arrows of the enemy and can be repelled with this scripture and others that speak of God's love.

I suggest that you use John 3:16 and find other scriptures. Spend time memorizing them so that they are on the tip of your tongue when the enemy attacks you. When you find these thoughts hitting you, stop what you're doing and recite the scriptures (aloud if you can). You have to fight these lies with God's truth as Jesus did in the wilderness.

I pray that you will find freedom from self-hatred!

6. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Active Member Supporter

+108
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    it's very simple, go does no hate the arrogant but arrogance
    god does not hate the proud one, but pride

7. Aabbie James

Aabbie James The Word Became Flesh

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Psalm 10:4 In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.

Scripture puts it bluntly: God hates wicked people.

Psalm 11:5 The Lord examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, He hates with a passion.