Jun 27, 2015
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had asked for prayer a few weeks ago for God to deliver me from an addiction. Since that time God has intervened to rescue me. Also I spent almost two weeks recently at a place of worship that is open 24/7 and spent a lot of time worshiping, and through being refreshed there by the presence of the Lord I got to a place of walking in freedom and victory.

My prayer request is that God would work in my life so that I continue walking in victory. Jesus has shown me that He wants me to "watch and pray that I do not enter into temptation". This command was given to the disciples when they were going to sleep the night before the crucifixion.

The command to "watch and pray" relates to me because a lot of times I may get involved in other activities, or I may go to bed in the evening without making enough time to pray beforehand because of laziness where the desire for sleep may be greater than the desire to pray. If I do not watch and pray in the evening it may be easier to fall back into the addiction. Furthermore I need to pray every night that God will protect my sleep because of attacks from the enemy trying to pull me into wrong desires during my sleep.

You can also pray about the covenant I made with God. In the past during a time when I was walking in freedom, I made a vow with God to never go back to the addiction. The fact that I failed to keep the vow constitutes serious betrayal in my relationship with God. However I believe I can start with a clean slate as if I had just made this vow. Therefore you can pray that God would impress on my heart the utmost importance of walking in faithfulness to this vow and that I would be strengthened in the fear of the Lord.

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is sure something worth praying for!

Psalm 103:8-18 "8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. 9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. 10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. 11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. 12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. 13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. 14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. 15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. 16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. 17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; 18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them."

Jude 20-25 "20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."

Upvote 0

GraceTruthLove

Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had asked for prayer a few weeks ago for God to deliver me from an addiction. Since that time God has intervened to rescue me. Also I spent almost two weeks recently at a place of worship that is open 24/7 and spent a lot of time worshiping, and through being refreshed there by the presence of the Lord I got to a place of walking in freedom and victory.

My prayer request is that God would work in my life so that I continue walking in victory. Jesus has shown me that He wants me to "watch and pray that I do not enter into temptation". This command was given to the disciples when they were going to sleep the night before the crucifixion.

The command to "watch and pray" relates to me because a lot of times I may get involved in other activities, or I may go to bed in the evening without making enough time to pray beforehand because of laziness where the desire for sleep may be greater than the desire to pray. If I do not watch and pray in the evening it may be easier to fall back into the addiction. Furthermore I need to pray every night that God will protect my sleep because of attacks from the enemy trying to pull me into wrong desires during my sleep.

You can also pray about the covenant I made with God. In the past during a time when I was walking in freedom, I made a vow with God to never go back to the addiction. The fact that I failed to keep the vow constitutes serious betrayal in my relationship with God. However I believe I can start with a clean slate as if I had just made this vow. Therefore you can pray that God would impress on my heart the utmost importance of walking in faithfulness to this vow and that I would be strengthened in the fear of the Lord.

Lord, thank you for rescuing "Romans 8:1"! Please continue to keep him on the straight and narrow path that is You. Please be his light and strength and endurance through the rest of his life - especially in regards to not falling back into this addiction.

Jude 1:24 "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault."

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless Romans 8:1 and this prayer, help to be victorious over temptation. Lord bless the covenant which Romans 8:1 made with you. Give your strength, knowledge and wisdom to not further break covenant and fall into addiction. Lord bless Romans 8:1 and you be glorified, kn Jesus loving name, Amen!

Upvote 0

Belonging to Abba

Jesus loves you!!!
Jun 27, 2015
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Even though I requested prayer and you all prayed for me yesterday, I ended up coming under a major attack from the enemy during my sleep last night to try to pull me back into the darkness. I don't understand why this would happen right after getting prayer on this forum and praying myself for God to protect my sleep. I ended up waking up and starting to go in the wrong direction but stopped and decided to be faithful to God. I think this may mean I should pray more than just 3 minutes and maybe go for longer like 20 minutes before bed.

Ajcarey, thank you for your prayer and for your statement that this is something worth praying for. Asking for prayer is something I was uncomfortable with because I thought it could make people uncomfortable. However I am burdened by an urgency of this prayer request because I think my soul could be at risk. I used to believe strongly in "once saved always saved" but now I think it may be possible to be cast out of Jesus' presence in the end if there is a sinful addiction in my life based on some warnings in Scripture. Psalm 125:5 "Those who turn to crooked ways the Lord will banish with the workers of iniquity." Job described a covenant he had made to stay away from sin and explained that the reason he wanted to keep the covenant is because disaster will come to the "workers of iniquity" (Job 31:1-4). I don't really want to debate the controversial issue about the warnings about falling away since the purpose in coming here is mainly for prayer.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,816.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I guess you are familiar with where Messiah said "Go and sin no more 'lest a worse thing come upon you" and where He told the story of the 7 evil spirits, worse than the former first one, who took possession of man who got free but went back to his old habits. Those are good cautionary reminders.

I pray you will turn to the Lord and keep following Him and never, ever give into your addiction again.

Upvote 0