Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says God does not burden us with problems we cannot handle. That is certainly true. Moses had a stutter, but reading the Ten Commandments aloud to Egyptians worked perfectly. Many other stories demonstrate God's faith winning out over sinful anxiety. Jesus said, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself."

Easier said than done. I cannot see any way doing the work God made me to do is possible. As a 44-year old woman with Asperger's syndrome, epilepsy, moderate hearing loss, and multiple speech disorders (all congenital and permanent disabilities), I am unable to stop worrying that, despite the many Biblical and historical examples, I will never be able to do my purpose in life. That is because of all the disabilities I listed. Every single one of them prevents me from doing it, both by itself and in combination with the others. I have had this fear for years, but it is not on the back burner in my mind anymore. So I think God is telling me to ask Christians for help now. Just please do not be judgmental, which is a sin.

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible says God does not burden us with problems we cannot handle. That is certainly true. Moses had a stutter, but reading the Ten Commandments aloud to Egyptians worked perfectly. Many other stories demonstrate God's faith winning out over sinful anxiety. Jesus said, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself."

Easier said than done. I cannot see any way doing the work God made me to do is possible. As a 44-year old woman with Asperger's syndrome, epilepsy, moderate hearing loss, and multiple speech disorders (all congenital and permanent disabilities), I am unable to stop worrying that, despite the many Biblical and historical examples, I will never be able to do my purpose in life. That is because of all the disabilities I listed. Every single one of them prevents me from doing it, both by itself and in combination with the others. I have had this fear for years, but it is not on the back burner in my mind anymore. So I think God is telling me to ask Christians for help now. Just please do not be judgmental, which is a sin.

Hi CFC,

I am a cat lover too. I got two of them that drive me nuts :)

"Do not worry" is extremely difficult even for people without disorders or disabilities. It is human nature in general that can get afraid of things we don't have control over. You are far from being alone in that, and no judgement there as well.

Good news is that the Lord gifts you with faith, the ability to trust in Jesus, his work of salvation, and the work of grace he does in the life of a believer. We all start somewhere, don't get lost on things that seem impossible for you now. Focus on the things you can do. If you are a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter, be that in Christ's love. If you are a good friend or love to help people in some way, do that in Christ's love.

The Pharisees(religious leaders/teachers) wanted to over load the people with burdens they could not carry, nor lift a figure to help them carry them. Jesus came to do the opposite,

Matthew 11:28-30 NASB
“Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is comfortable, and My burden is light.”

As we walk with the Lord, and go thru trials that can be scary at times. The Lord reveals that he is with you as you go thru them, delivers you. This process helps build your faith, and in some cases we grow a desire to help others who been what we been thru. Enjoy your walk with Jesus, remove any expectations that are crushing your spirit. Let your faith grow where you are at with what the Lord has for you now, light burden :) Enjoy the journey!

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

you are His work, a work finished before it began .... Jesus being our example of how to enter into His finished work, which is one and the same as entering into His rest ....

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@ChristianForCats, do you have a home church?
You could start by seeing if there is any small way you might be able to contribute there, and see if God will grow that.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
@ChristianForCats, do you have a home church?

You could start by seeing if there is any small way you might be able to contribute there, and see if God will grow that.

No I don't. My mom decided we need to find a church together that both of us like. No chance that is ever going to happen because she is Methodist and I totally oppose infant baptism.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I had a chronic condition that made my life miserable. It was not life threatening but for sure hampered my lifestyle. Physical work, even mowing lawns became a nightmare. I was 67 and I could not see how I could live like it for the rest of my life. I said this to the Lord. He said, "You don't have to. Take one day at a time. You can endure that." He reminded me that we should not worry about tomorrow, only deal with the troubles of the day (Matthew 6:34), He also reminded me of what Paul had to say, "Forgetting what is behind....." Philippians 3:13

So I refused to think about the next day. I refused to look back over the previous day. I went to bed each night, saying to myself that I'd made it. I did this for about 6 months. It became routine after a while. Then I got a call from the hospital saying that they had a procedure that would fix the problem. They also apologised for not telling me sooner. Interesting. God permitted this so that I could learn and maybe help others.

The registrar told me about the procedure and I consented. I also said, "I'm not busy tomorrow...." It was fast tracked and I had the procedure a month later. I had boasted that I'd not spent a night in hospital since 1971. I also said that no surgeon was going to stick a knife into me. I had to eat those words.....

God is gracious and merciful. He uses our trials and tribulations to bless us, not to curse us. When I start to stress, I think of unbelievers who no comfort, no purpose and no blessing in their trials. God's grace really is sufficient.

I'm no hero. I was devastated by the problem. God brought me through, not "my" faith or anything to do with me. Great is His faithfulness!

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Beloved one, we have heard the loving kindness of our Lord:

Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;

Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭53:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, surely the Lord has borne your griefs and carried your sorrows as you explained to us your sufferings, afflictions and pains.

Beloved one, are you concerned about the Lord’s purpose? This is what we have heard:

“having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:9-10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, God’s purpose He purposed in Himself. Are you not willing to believe that you can be gathered together in Christ?

I ask the question not to pass judgement on you, but for you to consider God’s loving kindness in Christ Jesus.

Beloved one, it is not important what we lack in ourselves, even if we lose ourselves, we have Christ.

For we heard:
“He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:39-40‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

it is not important what we have not experienced but what is important what Christ experiences, for what Christ experience is what we experience, for we are in unity with Christ.

Beloved one, how much we should love Christ who was willing to bear our griefs
And carried our sorrows, where there is no other, and there is no one like Him; Beloved one, He is our beloved and precious Savior.

Beloved one, only the devil told us that we can’t do. For we heard:
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So beloved one, do all things through the love of Christ that strengthen you. For we heard :

You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, -2 Timothy 2:1

Beloved one, just be a child of God, basking in His endless love, and you will be strengthened because His grace is steadfast love that never cease.

Would you cease to love your children? This is what we have heard:

““Can a woman forget her nursing child,
And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭49:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, consider who is speaking in Isaiah 49:15 ? Beloved one, perceive the love of Christ who said that He will not forget you.

Beloved one,
Trust His love. Trust that you are His child. Trust the Father’s purpose to gather you in unity with Christ. Trust His steadfast love strengthen you.

May God’s peace be with you in every way. To God be glory, praise and honor through Christ.
Amen

Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are people with disabilities out there just like you. The issue is not what you can't do. The issue is what can you do. Prayer is a lot. You can type. Your brain still works ... people worry about what they can't get done, what they can't do ... all the while there are dozens of things they could be doing that they aren't getting done. Why? They are still focusing on what they can't do.

Prayer ... if you can hold a coherent thought, and prayer for that if you can't. The Holy Spirit interceded for all of us. He's a lot better help than us fellow Christians. Offer to type things up for your church. Offer to go over sermon notes for the pastors or bible study materials for other pastors... Organize meetings, make phone calls, ... focus on what you can do and you won't have any time left too worry about what you can't do. You won't have time.

I ask myself. Out of the things I can do with this moment, what will do the most eternal good. If I can't think of something, I call one of the pastors. Trust me. never been at a lack of things to do.

My wife and I have had a tendency to adopt fur babies ... cats. When she coaxed a feral kitten that I had pointed out to her close enough to grab it, we ended up with our 5th indoor cat. Yes, I pointed the thing out. Yes, I know my wife. No ... I'm not really upset. But I said, "We have 6 outdoor kitties we have caught and had fixed that we feed every day and now we have 5 indoor ones. I am sorry, but one more cat and one of us has to go." My wife turned to me carefully considering her reply ... She said with a frown ... "But I'll miss you."

It's always good to know where we stand in a relationship. I stand just a tiny bit below her next cat. And yes, I love them as well.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You can type and pray. That's a ministry in itself.

But the purpose He gave me requires going places and meeting people. It includes buying a custom-made vehicle for public mobile spaying/neutering and vaccinations. It requires buying a brand new, custom-built property to have classes, a gift shop, unadoptable cats, and all cat adoptions. It requires a contract with a vet in the area who is willing to work with my organization. Letters and emails cannot complete projects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But the purpose He gave me requires going places and meeting people. It includes buying a custom-made vehicle for public mobile spaying/neutering and vaccinations...
Until He grants those, He seems to have simpler plans for you.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But the purpose He gave me requires going places and meeting people. It includes buying a custom-made vehicle for public mobile spaying/neutering and vaccinations. It requires buying a brand new custom-built property to have classes, a gift shop, unadoptable cats, and all cat adoptions. It requires a contract with a vet in the area who is willing to work with my organization at reduced prices. This stuff can't be done only via letters and emails.

Who said you have to do it alone? Who said you have to do it all? Maybe you’re the one funding it.

I’m called to minister to those who have everything they need but Him. Fashion is the vehicle for it.

Maybe your talent in prayer and writing could be the avenue for funding the other and more. God thinks outside the box.

So feed His sheep. People like yourself struggling with the same who need love and encouragement.

~bella

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Until He grants those, He seems to have simpler plans for you.

So you don't think just the fact I got that idea means God gave it to me?

It makes perfect sense. No other animal shelter has one. They just tell people, "Here is where you can go get your cat fixed for free." But as someone who can't go anywhere without assistance, I naturally have a soft spot for people who would complain about being unable to get there. Of course, there are people who will say, "I don't have time to go to a vet clinic." No time is needed if the vet comes to them!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did say "until." You cannot drive a service vehicle that you don't (yet) have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
ER hospitals obviously do not exist to do the most common pet surgeries and routine vaccinations.

A vet would not have to quit practicing at a clinic. Animal rescue organizations typically contract with vets to spay and neuter once a week. Neutering takes only five minutes after the cat is anesthetized. A spay is completed in 15 minutes. So it can be done if a vet is willing to spend one morning or afternoon sterilizing cats in driveways instead of at the office every week.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
One fear I have is not being alive to see my dream come true because I know my mom must die before it can begin. She will be 75 in a few days, but there is no telling how many years she has left. Living here in her condominium prevents me from doing anything she does not want me to do. It is conceivable that 20 years from now I will still be here with her, not in my own apartment. It is conceivable that I will die first. I feel like young Simba singing, "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" because of my living situation and belief in God.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
ChristianForCats,

If you are unable to do the work you are referring to, there is no reason to think God called you to do that particular work instead of some other.

I understand that this doesn't solve any of your difficulties, but the work is most assuredly not God's mistake.

• Agree
Reactions: Justine108
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It makes perfect sense. No other animal shelter has one. They just tell people, "Here is where you can go get your cat fixed for free." But as someone who can't go anywhere without assistance, I naturally have a soft spot for people who would complain about being unable to get there. Of course, there are people who will say, "I don't have time to go to a vet clinic." No time is needed if the vet comes to them!

Do you think maybe your ministry is one of asking vets if they could provide such a service? They may already have the resources, and if you were to make them aware of the need they may provide it. You may be able to motivate them to assist others.

I am a Website developer, in Australia, if you ever need a website to promote your mission (whatever you choose to do), I could do one up for you for no cost to you.

Upvote 0