Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He provides abundantly
'Jehovah Jireh'
My Provider.
Sometimes I ask myself right into a corner of understanding, yes-yes, everything we have is what we should be content with as yes, He is our provider. I then am taken back at what kind of individual is it that "has not because you ask not' but one of those listed who love division and do not receive,

What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you?
Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members?
, , ,
You do not have because you do not ask.
You ask and do not receive, because you ask
with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.

(James 4:1-3)​

Of the several character-flaws I see listed there in James over Christians, I see a sharp divide with some that seems the most apt to enter into the sanctuary in sheep's clothing far easier than that of "quarrels and conflicts". For those who are "murderers and adulterers" are by foundation committed in the heart.

Yet, that too may not be entirely accurate as quarrels have assumed the face of our honored scholars who's tedium so oft misses being brought to the attention at-large, partly, because economically (love of money), the striving for the unity of the Spirit's turn is slow-of-heart is busy greasing the palms of like-minded.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'For God so loved the sinful world,His Son He freely gave,that whosever would believe,Eternal life should have' 'Tis true,O yes,tis true. God's wonderful promise is true,for I've trusted and tested and tried it and I know God's promise is true' (C H Morris)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.