Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does not heal my son's chronic disease, even after 10 years of continuous praying,
why should I believe in such a unresponsive God?

I really think that God does not exist.
Sorry to hear of your sons illness.
God can heal if He wishes but I believe that God doesn’t heal the way we expect Him to.
I will point out a few things so that it might paint I picture for you. No doubt people will ridicule me for this but I am simply applying the Bible, my walk with God, my expieriances and my logic or common sense.

Jesus and the apostles all had gifts of healing, but I believe today that the gifts have stopped. Tongues, healing, exorcisms etc have all ceased. Why I believe this to be true is because Gods message (gospel) has gone out into the world
Jesus performed miracles to show He was not of this world, He healed to show He was the one and only true, loveing, living God.
Tongues ( different languages) were used because the world was cursed by God so that we would speak different languages. It’s purpose was to spread the word of God

Now if the gift of healing was still active, not alone would your son be healed by now, but Christians would be going to hospitals all over the world and healing the sick, curing the incurable and raising the dead. It does not happen because the gifts are no longer active.

My personal believe is that today, we are talking about a spiritual healing. You see we are spiritual broken or separated from God. Jesus heals us spiritually by being the One who reconciles us in Spirit with God.
We do not battle with flesh and blood ( physical bodies ) but with da4kness and princes of palities ( spiritual)
Now that this is said,

I am sorry for your son as I said but part of a broken world results in sickness and death. Sure, God can do miracles but healing people with illnesses is a rare occurrence as I have yet to see it. Backed up with the scripture that God does not show favouritism, I can’t see how God would cure 1 and leave another to suffer. I see it as we all suffer due to the fall and one day God will make everting perfect. This world is because of our free will, not His.

So please, as much as you get unanswered prayers, do not turn away from God. The devil would love use your sick son against you in order to turn you from God. Hold fast until the end and you will be saved. Satan will always use your weakness against you and from reading your post I am certain that what your hearing is along the lines of this,

Praying for 10 years and your so called God that’s so powerful can do anything yet He refuses to heal your Son. Is that how your loving God treats you?? Poor little boy. 10 years and no answer. God don’t care about you and your son so why bother wasting your time on someone like Him? If He existed He would have cured your son by now.
If I have it wrong, I apologize but these are Satan’s tactics so watch out.

Keep trusting in God regardless what circumstances you are going through. One day He will wipe away every tear because this isn’t Gods kingdom, it’s Satan’s kingdom and your son is sick as a result of it. Keep your faith in God until the end and you will be saved
God bless

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was angel. He appeared and disappeared before their eyes, he did not walk up but out of thin air. Regardless of what you think it was a miracle, I pray someday your faith is stronger

Nice story. Human memory is an interesting fenomenon. In any case, as you well know, praying for evetything and anything just doesn't work. My faith is strong and honest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can understand why you dont believe in Healing yourself.....but why do you have such a strong desire to stop others from believing as well?

I don't and can't stop anybody do anything. I share my opinion. Or should I be silent to the truth only because it's unwelcome by some? The Bible says it's good for Christians to have different opinions. Would you like to live in a world where everybody agrees with you? Is it a mature way of thinking?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God does not heal my son's chronic disease, even after 10 years of continuous praying,
why should I believe in such a unresponsive God?

I really think that God does not exist.
Why do you insist that God should heal him?

I have a chronic disease and have had two miraculous healings of other issues. Why should I insist that God heal my chronic disorder? Faith is trusting in God, regardless of what befalls you.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you insist that God should heal him?

I have a chronic disease and have had two miraculous healings of other issues. Why should I insist that God heal my chronic disorder? Faith is trusting in God, regardless of what befalls you.

It's a big issue for them that surely they would like to be solved. What is the problem with that?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I talk on the subject of the thread. I really don't understand your totally ungrounded personal attacks. I guess it's what people resort to when they have no arguments. It's against the forum rules, you know.
Yes, you are right....Sometimes when i write, i do not realize that they can be considered attacks/personal....until they are reported. I'll remove my posts to you.. And again, i saw nothing wrong with any of your opinions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Prayer does nothing. Penicillin works wanders.
Doesn't sound like a Christian response. Prayer, according to many doctors works wonders. Penicillin helps well against infections but has risks as well.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Cheylynn

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2017
Vancouver Island
✟112,033.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage. But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Jude 1:16-19 - Bible Gateway passage: Jude 16-19 - New King James Version

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't sound like a Christian response. Prayer, according to many doctors works wonders. Penicillin helps well against infections but has risks as well.

It's figurative. Please read my other posts in this thread, I've explained everything in detail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith