Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's wrong with God causing "evil"? Is it really evil? The fact that we don't like something doesn't make it evil. It's His world. His rules. In this sense, of course He's a despot. It can't be otherwise.
Well I believe that christians have it wrong when they say we live only once .I believe we have been judged already .I believe that this false idea is at the root of so many seeming contradictions in christianity ,that God gives us only one shot and then we judged forever for hell or heaven ?
Ridiculous and false .
Interesting, that Pope Benedict was suddenly retired after saying he would be re studying ORIGEN . He would be no longer , a problem for the false teachers .

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The very best time to pray for someone is when they are in the womb ,that they will be born at a propitious time .It also works best before anything bad happens, as God rewards us for our confidence in Him as a way of life .
As for the poster, having allergies is annoying ,very sometimes ,but not life threatening, usually given to
stop something worse happening ,while the person grows spiritually .
Perhaps you need to consider that it might be a annoying, but blessing in disguise .

All the prayers in the world didn't keep me in my Mom's womb. I came into the world at the worst possible time.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Within possibilities open to you, this is true. This should not be taken literally. Not once in history a mointain was cast into the sea. Can you imagine the devastating Tsunami caused? An asteroids did fall down, yes. But never a piece of the lithosphere.

I don't even recommend praying for a lottery win, though it's a possibility. The chance is too slim. Nothing wrong with buying a ticket, of course.

In the sense that Jesus explains, prayer is nothing but a way to instill self-confidence. That way it has all the power in the world. Positive thinking. Pushing yourself forward towards your goals. Helping you be patient and insistent. Many people do just that and acheive truly great things. Within their possibilities only.

Don't pray for an alien spaceship to appear and build you a nice house. Not going to materialize. No amount of faith matters. Pray to figure out a way to earn the money to buy a house, or to obtain the skills and support to build one yourself. Or for your uncle to leave you his house as inheritance. Do call him regulatly and pay him visits, too.

So, faithful prayer, or any kind of self-determination is a powrful force to drive yourself to do things actively or to convinently position yourself open to certain events - within possibilities only. Can't pray for a shooting star to do drop a million dollars in front of you. It's silly.

As thinking beings, we have to make a wise conscious choice of what to pray for. Is it possible? Acheivable? Your call. Praying for anything and everything without such consideration is a sure way to bitter disappointment.
I know you speak from experience and what you have been taught. And i see no fault in it....These sayings are true for you. I speak from experience as well. For man it is impossible, but for God nothing is impossible. You are explaining what you believe, and therefore, what is possible for you. For those willing to believe more....More it possible for them. But there is also nothing wrong with those who chose to take your advice.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God did not take away my pituitary tumor, ocd, or severe anxiety. What He gave me in addition to those, however, was increased resilience, patience, and compassion. And really, I don't think I would want it any other way.
OCD can be cured with inositol.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God not healing a disease doesn't mean he doesn't exist. There are believers that have diabetes or cancer or other chronic diseases that can tell you better than I can what it means to follow him and still be chronically ill. As well as the value of prayer (there's a lot more to prayer than healing that one disease you're concerned about).

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know you speak from experience and what you have been taught. And i see no fault in it....These sayings are true for you. I speak from experience as well. For man it is impossible, but for God nothing is impossible. You are explaining what you believe, and therefore, what is possible for you. For those willing to believe more....More it possible for them. But there is also nothing wrong with those who chose to take your advice.

No. This is exactly how it works. There can be different opinions about what is possibility, but it's limited. I've closely known some people who, for example, were certain that if they sold their house, gave the money to the church and went evangelizing, God would take care of them. Or someone left a high-paying job to service of spreading the gospel. Both ended up pretty badly in trouble and there wasn't anybody to help them much. They survived and came out of their situations after a long struggle back to a rental place or a new job, but talk about shattered faith. And I can assure you, their faith used to be as strong as diamond. Not everything you chose to freely believe in is reality. Possibilities are wide and tall, but not endless...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have experienced God's healing, but that doesn't mean I haven't come through completely unscathed. Oh well. Such is life. I thank God for what I am able to do which is a lot.

Considering I wasn't supposed to be here at all, I think He's taken great care of me.

So I also speak from experience.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. This is exactly how it works. There can be different opinions about what is possibility, but it's limited. I've closely known some people who, for example, were certain that if they sold their house, gave the money to the church and went evangelizing, God would take care of them. Or someone left a high-paying job to service of spreading the gospel. Both ended up pretty badly in trouble and there wasn't anybody to help them much. They survived and came out of their situations after a long struggle back to a rental place or a new job, but talk about shattered faith. And I can assure you, their faith used to be as strong as diamond. Not everything you chose to freely believe in is reality. Possibilities are wide and tall, but not endless...
THis is not how it works for you. What God can do for you is limited.....for me....not so much. and this is ok. "Stepping out on Faith" is not the same as having faith....which is the evidence of things unseen. Everyone has a measure, and this measure can be increased. You say you know the faith of others....but this is not possible...Only God can view the contents of the heart. You can only know and speak for yourself, which you have been....and I see nothing wrong with it.

But I believe everyone should test for themselves. Try Him and see if he wont open the windows and start pouring. If you have tried and it did not work....what is the harm in allowing others to try as well?

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have experienced God's healing, but that doesn't mean I haven't come through completely unscathed. Oh well. Such is life. I thank God for what I am able to do which is a lot.

Considering I wasn't supposed to be here at all, I think He's taken great care of me.

So I also speak from experience.
You indeed are blessed. May God continue to bless you on your journey to heaven.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
for me....not so much.

It's self-deception. The reality is one for everybody. If it were the way you describe it, the whole world would come to faith in Jesus a long time ago. It's a sweet idea to hold to, but it's not true. In my opinion, the majority of people in church realize it very well. They do not declare this understanding openly and chose to exist in two worlds. The church realm, where anything is suppsedly possible by the wave of a "magic wand", and the rest of their life, where only actions bring about results within available possibilities. It's sort of a cute social game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This has seem to gotten away from the OP. To the OP God answers prayers in His own time, what may seem long to you can be mere seconds to the Father.

“My thoughts,” says the Lord, “are not like yours,
and my ways are different from yours.
As high as the heavens are above the earth,
so high are my ways and thoughts above yours.

Isiah 55:8-9

and

This God—how perfect are his deeds!
How dependable his words!
He is like a shield
for all who seek his protection.
The Lord alone is God;
God alone is our defense.

Psalm 18:30-31

and

Be patient and wait for the Lord to act;
don't be worried about those who prosper
or those who succeed in their evil plans.

Psalm 37:7

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's self-deception. The reality is one for everybody. If it were the way you describe it, the whole world would come to faith in Jesus a long time ago

Nope Christ answered your idea long ago:

And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father's house— 28 for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.’ 29 But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”

Luke 16:27-31 [Emphasis added]

So no even if God cleared out the hospitals people would still never believe for man's heart is wicked above all.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God does not heal my son's chronic disease, even after 10 years of continuous praying,
why should I believe in such a unresponsive God?

I really think that God does not exist.

We pray and then it happens if
it is His will.

Hopefully at times like this our faith will grow stronger and not weaker.

I would think that your son is watching you closely at this time? God wants us to be good examples of His love for us.

I do understand that it hard to do if we think He is not listening.

Remember -- He hears you
and loves you and your son.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
He is 16 already.
His skin is allergic, and he also developed autism symptom.
Many Christians say autism can not be healed by God, very rare cases God heals autism.
The Lord can heal anything. I'm no doctor, but the symptoms might suggest stress.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope Christ answered your idea long ago:

And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father's house— 28 for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.’ 29 But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”

Luke 16:27-31 [Emphasis added]

So no even if God cleared out the hospitals people would still never believe for man's heart is wicked above all.

Well, it's different. Hearing a second-hand account about an afterlife and seeing incredible miracles first hand isn't the same thing. In the gospels and in Acts, multitudes believed in Jesus after witnessing the supernatural - healings, resurrection, detailed foreknowledge etc.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it's different. Hearing a second-hand account about an afterlife and seeing incredible miracles first hand isn't the same thing. In the gospels and in Acts, multitudes believed in Jesus after witnessing the supernatural - healings, resurrection, detailed foreknowledge etc.

and a lot did not believe. There are many that will not believe even if a miracle happened in front of them today. Look at yourself you been told of miracles but refuse to believe that God still does them today. I went to Mexico on a missions trip and as we got a free day we were goofing around and my friend pushed me fast and let me go, I hit something in the road and flew out of my chair. I thought one of my friends caught me but they were to far away. They said that a tall man appeared and lowered me than looked at them and shook his finger at them and was than gone. I am sure you will try to explain that away but no one can not tell me that was not a miracle.

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and a lot did not believe. There are many that will not believe even if a miracle happened in front of them today. Look at yourself you been told of miracles but refuse to believe that God still does them today. I went to Mexico on a missions trip and as we got a free day we were goofing around and my friend pushed me fast and let me go, I hit something in the road and flew out of my chair. I thought one of my friends caught me but they were to far away. They said that a tall man appeared and lowered me than looked at them and shook his finger at them and was than gone. I am sure you will try to explain that away but no one can not tell me that was not a miracle.

Some people will never believe. It's an exercise in futility. For people who have experienced miracles, nothing anyone can say will make us believe otherwise.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.