ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
The universe is 13.7 billions years old. Modern day humans are less than 100k years old - I can't imagine what God was up to for all those years, but I feel humbled and privileged that He thought to create me.

That's about as deep as I dare go on CF. I fear that my assassination is imminent as it is. Lol

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,257.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I can't tell but if we take it word for word the passages close with sequence of the day.

"And there was evening, and there was morning - the first day... second day" and so on.

To me it's about metaphor how the sequence of creation shows God plan. Bring into existence Creation for His magnum opus - Humans created in His Image

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,257.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That's about as deep as I dare go on CF. I fear that my assassination is imminent as it is. Lol

Oh come on! We're all brothers in faith here. One body of Christ. Nothing will happen to.... arghhhhh!!!!!

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
As scripture says God created everything in six days.

How can a day exist before the sun did? Time as WE know it is only so because we orbit a star. God's time must surely be gauged differently.

It's not you, it's the Bible verse I'm questioning.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2019
United States
✟17,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How can a day exist before the sun did? Time as WE know it is only so because we orbit a star. God's time must surely be gauged differently.

It's not you, it's the Bible verse I'm questioning.

I'm reminded of Psalm 90:1-4

Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,257.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Not an astronomer but isn't a nebula the birth place of stars a ball of super heated gas? Heated gas glow and create light. So the first day when God created light the light could be nebula's. So there was light and darkness which God called evening and morning in the fist day.

On the forth day God gathered the gases of light to form a star He called Sun. The lesser light to governed the night are the other stars further away from earth. These light sources mark the seasons.

Well just my interpretation .

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
"Should the architect explain his plans to every bricklayer on the job? As long as he knows his own intent, isn't that enough? The clay sitting on the potter's wheel cannot even imagine into what pattern it will be formed, but if the potter knows his art, does the ignorance of the clay really matter?"
- Charles Spurgeon

A company director does not share every detail about his business plans with his employees. His relationship with them may be a very friendly one, but even they know that there is a boundary that should never be crossed. He is the director, he is in charge, and he has the absolute right not to tell everyone everything that he is doing, only the things that they need to do their work.

For centuries, theologians have been trying to work out how God created the world, but trying to fathom out the mind of the One who made and sustains the entire universe is a massive undertaking and, in my opinion, rather futile.

Some things are best left to God alone - He knows what He is doing. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are his ways higher than ours.

"Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements—surely you know. Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone when the morning stars sang together and all the heavenly beings shouted for joy?"
- Job 38:4-7

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,257.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
My opinion is that while the knowledge of all creation is beyond human comprehension, we should not waste the talents God has bestowed upon us. We seek knowledge for in it we have further understanding of the greatness of God.

And with knowledge be it in any field we multiply its usefulness. Take for example the knowledge we gain in medical pursuit, we have multiply the talents God gave us to save many many of God's children.

To scrutinized the Bible is not to disrespect God but to gain better understanding of what He has truly gift to us. In all pursuit we have to let God guide us. Again just my humble opinion.

Upvote 0

Light_Conquers

Mar 9, 2020
Tbilisi
✟35,473.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Holy scripture was written down for human brains to understand. We don't have enough knowledge to discuss about this topic imho. For instance, We dont know whats time and how it works, how god created all this visible universe etc and etc. Maybe one day after death all our answers could be answered by Holy God.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't tell but if we take it word for word the passages close with sequence of the day.

"And there was evening, and there was morning - the first day... second day" and so on.

To me it's about metaphor how the sequence of creation shows God plan. Bring into existence Creation for His magnum opus - Humans created in His Image
Just try looking at the "create" words and ignore sermons.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not an astronomer but isn't a nebula the birth place of stars a ball of super heated gas? Heated gas glow and create light. So the first day when God created light the light could be nebula's. So there was light and darkness which God called evening and morning in the fist day.

On the forth day God gathered the gases of light to form a star He called Sun. The lesser light to governed the night are the other stars further away from earth. These light sources mark the seasons.

Well just my interpretation .
The lesser light is the moon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Holy scripture was written down for human brains to understand. We don't have enough knowledge to discuss about this topic imho.

We have what was written. It seems slow.

"yasad" - laid the foundations of the earth

appointed (2), established (4), firmly placed (1), found (1), foundation (6), foundation will be laid (1), foundations i will lay (1), foundations which laid (1), founded (11), given orders (1), laid (5), laid its foundations (1), laid the foundation (3), laid the foundations (1), lay its foundation (1), lay the foundation (1), laying (1), lays the foundation (1), make (1), rebuilding (1), set (1), take counsel (1), took counsel (1).

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God created.
That is what I need to know.

And in the original language, it seems slow:

Genesis 1:7
HEB: וַיַּ֣עַשׂ אֱלֹהִים֮ אֶת־
NAS: God made the expanse, and separated
KJV: And God made the firmament,
INT: made God the expanse

A primitive root; to do or make, in the broadest sense and widest application (as follows) -- accomplish, advance, appoint, apt, be at, become, bear, bestow, bring forth, bruise, be busy, X certainly, have the charge of, commit, deal (with), deck, + displease, do, (ready) dress(-ed), (put in) execute(-ion), exercise, fashion, + feast, (fight-)ing man, + finish, fit, fly, follow, fulfill, furnish, gather, get, go about, govern, grant, great, + hinder, hold ((a feast)), X indeed, + be industrious, + journey, keep, labour, maintain, make, be meet, observe, be occupied, offer, + officer, pare, bring (come) to pass, perform, pracise, prepare, procure, provide, put, requite, X sacrifice, serve, set, shew, X sin, spend, X surely, take, X thoroughly, trim, X very, + vex, be (warr-)ior, work(-man), yield, use.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And with knowledge be it in any field we multiply its usefulness.

Absolutely! And this seems to be a slow process.

Genesis 1:27
HEB: בְּצֶ֥לֶם אֱלֹהִ֖ים בָּרָ֣א אֹת֑וֹ זָכָ֥ר
NAS: of God He created him; male
KJV: of God created he him; male
INT: the image of God created male and female

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
choose, create creator, cut down, dispatch, do, make fat
A primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes) -- choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).

Upvote 0