Maine
✟11,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Now that the church as several thousand years of history behind it, we clearly see that there are times of great revival of the faith, and great times of falling away and persecution.

I truly believe that God works in ALL of human history, and that it is part of His sovereign plan, regardless of nations, politicians, and the times in which we may live.

Taking this into account, in what ways would you say that God is glorified in human history in

1. The times of revival and awakening
2. The times of falling away and persecution.

? [Scripture references are welcome and highly desired to reinforce the commentor's viewpoint.]

- many blessings to you today.

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
To me The Reformation, with it's purifying and revivifying effects on not only theology but law, human rights, education, etc, has to be on your list. The more I learn about it, the more I realize how possibly different and alien our current world would be had it not taken place.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcpartri
Upvote 0

jcpartri

Oct 11, 2022
Maine
✟11,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I do hold the Reformation is a very important point in human history. It certainly had its downsides as well as it upsides.
My train of thought on this post is more of this...
When we see our societies crumble beneath our eyes and the rejection of Christ increase, how can we glorify God more fully, and have joy, that it is still part of his sovereign plan?
When other generations see God's mighty hand at work in causing revival/awakening, how can they glorify God, rejoice in the work He is doing, and yet resist interrupting His work, with their own ideas?

Upvote 0