newburgh
✟115,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Long before Lord Jesus gave us his two great commandments, and long before the 500 some-odd laws in the Old Testament, there was Sodom, a place that God destroyed because of its evil. But what exactly was the evil that was there, and where did the outcry of the people against Sodom come from?

The people of Sodom did not have the Bible to teach them. They did not have the Ten commandments or the teachings of Lord Jesus, so how could the people of Sodom know that they committed evil? Perhaps the key is in the heart of man, as God after the Flood said in Genesis 8:21 “...the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth.”

So evil is a natural thing in everyone, but we see in Genesis after the Flood that not everyone is given to it. Surely people like Abraham found favor in God. But the people of Sodom, a beautiful place that Abraham’s nephew Lot settled in, were deemed to be evil and God resolved that they had to be destroyed. What exactly did they do wrong?

There is no explanation in Genesis. We find out that there was evil in Sodom because according to what is written in Genesis 18:20-1, God must have heard an outcry against them. Where did the outcry come from? It seems doubtful that the outcry came from within Sodom, because as God said to Abraham in Genesis 18:32, if as little as ten righteous people were found there, He would not destroy it. And obviously, ten righteous people were not found there. So, one wonders where this outcry against evil came from?

Commentators have suggested that the outcry came from Lot himself, which may further suggest it may also have come from Lot’s family there as well, including in-laws. If it only came from Lot, then I guess he was mankind’s first whistle-blower! We know that Lot’s family in Sodom extended as far as the in-laws because the two angels who visited Lot said to him in Genesis 19:12-14 to get his family out of Sodom, including his sons in-law, whom we are told, didn’t marry his daughters yet. But the sons in-law thought Lot was joking so they stayed. I have to guess that even if the sons-in law were righteous, there weren’t at least ten of them, since they, by inference, were destroyed along with the rest of the people in Sodom.

Easy to surmise that the sins committed by the people of Sodom were sins of the heart, which at that point in time there was no law or commandments to even describe what those sins were. We learn later on in the Old Testament, after the Pentateuch, that, according to Ezekiel 16:49-50, “Behold, this was the guilt of ...Sodom: she ...had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. They were haughty and did an abomination...”

One wonders if Lot would have lived in any nations today who did not aid the poor and needy...If he cried out to God, would He destroy those nations? Some may say, that in these times, God is threatening to destroy those nations, particularly those whose ignorance blinds them so they stumble off to misery and death. The irony in our times is that we have the Bible that, as said in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, is here to train, teach, reprove and correct us in manners of righteousness, yet there are those whose ignorance even blinds them to the Word, though many of them are quite capable of reading. So they are fated to committing the sins of the heart, the same sins that destroyed Sodom, and the same ones that brought on the Flood many years before.

I guess we still have a long ways to go before the world is enlightened to God’s Good Graces, if unlike Sodom, God would give us a chance. Can we all be saved?

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Long before Lord Jesus gave us his two great commandments, and long before the 500 some-odd laws in the Old Testament, there was Sodom, a place that God destroyed because of its evil. But what exactly was the evil that was there, and where did the outcry of the people against Sodom come from?

The people of Sodom did not have the Bible to teach them. They did not have the Ten commandments or the teachings of Lord Jesus, so how could the people of Sodom know that they committed evil? Perhaps the key is in the heart of man, as God after the Flood said in Genesis 8:21 “...the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth.”

So evil is a natural thing in everyone, but we see in Genesis after the Flood that not everyone is given to it. Surely people like Abraham found favor in God. But the people of Sodom, a beautiful place that Abraham’s nephew Lot settled in, were deemed to be evil and God resolved that they had to be destroyed. What exactly did they do wrong?

There is no explanation in Genesis. We find out that there was evil in Sodom because according to what is written in Genesis 18:20-1, God must have heard an outcry against them. Where did the outcry come from? It seems doubtful that the outcry came from within Sodom, because as God said to Abraham in Genesis 18:32, if as little as ten righteous people were found there, He would not destroy it. And obviously, ten righteous people were not found there. So, one wonders where this outcry against evil came from?

Commentators have suggested that the outcry came from Lot himself, which may further suggest it may also have come from Lot’s family there as well, including in-laws. If it only came from Lot, then I guess he was mankind’s first whistle-blower! We know that Lot’s family in Sodom extended as far as the in-laws because the two angels who visited Lot said to him in Genesis 19:12-14 to get his family out of Sodom, including his sons in-law, whom we are told, didn’t marry his daughters yet. But the sons in-law thought Lot was joking so they stayed. I have to guess that even if the sons-in law were righteous, there weren’t at least ten of them, since they, by inference, were destroyed along with the rest of the people in Sodom.

Easy to surmise that the sins committed by the people of Sodom were sins of the heart, which at that point in time there was no law or commandments to even describe what those sins were. We learn later on in the Old Testament, after the Pentateuch, that, according to Ezekiel 16:49-50, “Behold, this was the guilt of ...Sodom: she ...had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. They were haughty and did an abomination...”

One wonders if Lot would have lived in any nations today who did not aid the poor and needy...If he cried out to God, would He destroy those nations? Some may say, that in these times, God is threatening to destroy those nations, particularly those whose ignorance blinds them so they stumble off to misery and death. The irony in our times is that we have the Bible that, as said in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, is here to train, teach, reprove and correct us in manners of righteousness, yet there are those whose ignorance even blinds them to the Word, though many of them are quite capable of reading. So they are fated to committing the sins of the heart, the same sins that destroyed Sodom, and the same ones that brought on the Flood many years before.

I guess we still have a long ways to go before the world is enlightened to God’s Good Graces, if unlike Sodom, God would give us a chance. Can we all be saved?
What do you mean by "can we all be saved?"

Also I would add to this Jude 1:7 and Genesis 13:13

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that it was for "Sodomizing" people forcibly and other wicked stuff like that in an institutionalized way.

I mean, Genesis says that they were actually trying to have sex with the angels that went to Lot.
That's how messed up and far gone the people were.

I also think that there were more spiritually wicked things going on that is not mentioned in the text.

Here are some sphinx type structures buried in sulphur and ash :

p9-sg2.png

Sphinx12.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

truthisfreedom2019

Feb 28, 2019
Chetwynd
✟160,093.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also think that there were more spiritually wicked things going on that is not mentioned in the text.
I think you are right. Genesis 13:13 Now the men of Sodom were wicked exceedingly and sinners against the Lord.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that they were worshipping demons and that their sexual sins were just an outward manifestation of the wickedness of their hearts.

Really ask yourself why all these satanic illuminati people are so obsessed with pyramids.

I personally believe that it has something to do with the wickedness of man before the great flood and that the pyramids were built before the flood happened.

That's what these evil people want. They want it to be like before the flood happened and how "The Wickedness Of Man Was Great In The Earth, And That Every Intent Of The Thoughts Of His Heart Was Only Evil Continually."

Genesis 6:5

5e90be000fb0db7277fc41d4ddc4cbe5.jpg

f5caa51c8e83f37e013a8031fc7be061

gettyimages-918637914.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One last thing, and I know how bizarre and ridiculous this will sound :

I think that demons and fallen angels will outwardly and physically manifest in the last days pretending to be space aliens and that it will be a A Huge Deception.

I believe that this will be one of the last things that happens before the end of the world.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One last thing, and I know how bizarre and ridiculous this will sound :

I think that demons and fallen angels will outwardly and physically manifest in the last days pretending to be space aliens and that it will be a A Huge Deception.

I believe that this will be one of the last things that happens before the end of the world.

The Huge Deception will be satan and his angels performing seemingly supernatural miracles .... because of this .... people will think the anti-christ is Jesus ... this is how the whole world (nearly) follow (not forced) the beast.

They will manifest themselves as familiar spirits ... faking the resurrection from the dead .... people will think they see their loved ones raised from the dead.

This is a deception that has the powerful ability to fool just about anyone .... believers and non-believers alike.

Revelation 13:12
And this beast exercised all the authority of the first beast and caused the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose mortal wound had been healed.

Revelation 13:14
Because of the signs it was given to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived those who dwell on the earth, telling them to make an image to the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet had lived.

2nd Corinthians 11:14

English Standard Version
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gen 18:20-21 . .Then Jehovah said: The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.

FAQ: If God is omniscient and omnipresent, then why would He have to come down from heaven to investigate Sodom's and Gomorrah's spiritual condition in order to know?
_

Upvote 0