Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was looking at pictures of the first family, and noticed that his family apparently flies for free on federal money, I was thinking that maybe this is an ethics violation, and I need 5,000 pages of documentation of the rules he uses to justify this action.
Spare me the straw man. I never said anything about Palin having to defend herself against ethics charges. I was speaking about her apparent attitude that when she loses an election or becomes politically unpopular, it's never her fault but someone else's.

Anyway, I'm sure a double standard exists and it didn't end up in Palin's favor
That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's not her fault she lost the election due to being a political lightweight - it's all the fault of a non-existent double standard and the "liberal media"!

I wish Sarah Palin would practice what she preaches and take some personal responsibility for her own failures during last year's election.

Blueapplepaste said:
This has been the case for the Republican party for sometime. It's always everyone else's fault. Even when they controlled the entire government for 6 years, everything was always someone else's fault. They always blame Clinton, Carter, or anyone else with a D next to their name. The party of responsibility is nothing but the party of hypocrites.

Exactly. I couldn't have stated it better.
Ringo

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Spare me the straw man. I never said anything about Palin having to defend herself against ethics charges. I was speaking about her apparent attitude that when she loses an election or becomes politically unpopular, it's never her fault but someone else's.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's not her fault she lost the election due to being a political lightweight - it's all the fault of a non-existent double standard and the "liberal media"!

I wish Sarah Palin would practice what she preaches and take some personal responsibility for her own failures during last year's election.

Exactly. I couldn't have stated it better.
Ringo
Actually the news reported that there did seem to be a double standard, and also one for Obama.

I'm not even saying that was the primary factor in the election, I'm just saying that it clearly existed.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually the news reported that there did seem to be a double standard, and also one for Obama.

I'm not even saying that was the primary factor in the election, I'm just saying that it clearly existed.

No, I don't think there was a double standard. Palin lost the election because she was/is a political lightweight - not because of some kind of insidious agenda against her.
Ringo

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I don't think there was a double standard. Palin lost the election because she was/is a political lightweight - not because of some kind of insidious agenda against her.
Ringo
I have to admit that it is interesting how you proclaim that Palin lost the election.

Also, your trying to say there ws no, "insidious agenda against her", is very debateble due to the facts.

Sarah Palin was vetted more than the Usurper!:p

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to admit that it is interesting how you proclaim that Palin lost the election.
uhmmm her and McCain lost by a two to one margin. That means she lost. Or put another way: she and McCain didn't win. In the great scorecard of life? this would be placed in the "lost" column. Or as we say in Chicago : "It doesn't matter who wins or loses, it matters who won!" And they didn't. :sorry:

Also, your trying to say there ws no, "insidious agenda against her", is very debateble due to the facts.
...none of which have been presented so far. If you have some facts to back up the claim now would be a good time to present them. :wave:

Two points: 1) if she had been vetted by the Republicans like she should have been they wouldn't have come off looking like you were throwing a "Hail Mary" pass trying to win this election. She wasn't, they lost. they should learn to live with it instead of blaming the media for their lack of planning. and 2) he's the duly elected president of the United States of America not a usurper. :D
tulc(hopefully for the next 8 years) :clap:

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Maybe she didn't lost the election in the Mirror Universe, but she sure lost it here.

Your trying to claim that there was an "insidious agenda" against Palin only proves my point about some conservatives who are unwilling to take personal responsibility for themselves.

There was no "Usurper" during the election.

Palin was vetted. And she was found lacking, which is why she lost the election.
Ringo

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I too am so tired of that garbage.....glad you spelled it out so well!

[FONT=times new roman,times]
[/FONT]
I really despise rhetoric like that.

Has anyone ever noticed that some of the same people who talk so much about personal accountability are the same ones who blame everyone else when they lose a political race?

Sarah Palin didn't lose because she's a know-nothing political lightweight. She lost because of the so-called "liberal media"...because of Democratic and/or liberal "meanies" who were ugly to her and her family....because her opponents "hate God".

Nothing's ever her fault - it's everyone else's fault!
Ringo[FONT=times new roman,times]
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

The fact that Palin wasn't ready for "prime time" was merely reinforced by McCain's own campaign staff that wouldn't allow her to conduct press conferences.

Her isolated attempts to go "one-on-one" with the media were disasters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2008
✟18,742.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
An EVUL media conspiracy didn't make her say Africa was a country, or that she had foreign affairs experience because Alaska is close to Russia.

Yes it did - it asked her questions that she didn't have good answers for. That is pretty damn EVUL!

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
[FONT=times new roman,times]Sarah Palin loves God. God loves Sarah Palin. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]And that is why they hate her...and Him.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]And why she -- and He -- will be back.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]That love, an essential part of her everyday life, holds out the hope of a return to the nation envisioned by the unapologetically spiritual generation that birthed the U.S. Like Ronald Reagan, of whom it was said that his [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]relationship[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] with God "had a profound affect on how he lived, on what he did, and on those around him," Sarah Palin's spirituality has affected every part of her life, allowing her to clearly recognize the evil that has leached into our political and media culture.

And if you actually buy any of this, I've got some prime real estate you might be interested in:

Ghost-town-Pripyat-near-Chernobyl-photo-Chernobyl-and-contaminated-areas-_smgpx10001x15705x1825350c6.jpg

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If public office is such an opportunity to serve, why did she abdicate said office? Why would I be mistaken to think she found an even greater opportunity to serve her own financial interests by becoming a full time, right wing celebrity?

The article was tendentious puffery written for her fan club.
^This

Plus, gag me with a spoon.

Also

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ringo
I think you're mistaken here.

Bush clearly got away with his not knowing his own platform in 2000 and he was declared the winner of debates that he lost on facts and presentation, but the media liked him and thought Gore was boring. If Palin had gotten the same treatment as he did - well, they still would've lost as the country was fed up with clown politicians, but there wouldn't have been a double standard in that sense.

Upvote 0