Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sarah Palin is both usual and unusual. She is usual in that she is in the mainstream of those who believe in American exceptionalism, the 71 percent who are "very proud" of being American. At the same time, she is unusual in that she views and conducts herself not as a politician -- which she is -- but a citizen who sees public office as an opportunity to serve. Interwoven in all of this is the confidence that comes from knowing that God loves her, up close and personal, an integral part of her Christian faith and central to Judeo-Christian culture.

Sarah Palin is grounded in the divine, which means, in part, that she believes, as did the framers of our constitution, that [FONT=times new roman,times]individuals[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." God gives us our rights, and not Washington, the United Nations, or The New York Times or NBC. She does not need a poll to determine the morality of a political and media culture in which the pursuit of power and wealth on the part of its participants comes first (any doubt, see the recent attempt by the Washington Post to [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]sell[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] access to its newsroom and the Obama administration), [/FONT]

Anybody else see this?

OK, maybe a little over the top, maybe not.

:)

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/07/god_and_sarah_palin.html

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟371,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If public office is such an opportunity to serve, why did she abdicate said office? Why would I be mistaken to think she found an even greater opportunity to serve her own financial interests by becoming a full time, right wing celebrity?

The article was tendentious puffery written for her fan club.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Anybody else see this?

OK, maybe a little over the top, maybe not.

:)

American Thinker: God and Sarah Palin

Uhmmm good thing you didn't post the first two sentences of the article or there wouldn't be any doubt about whether it was "over the top" or not:
from article said:
[FONT=times new roman,times]Sarah Palin loves God. God loves Sarah Palin. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]And that is why they hate her...and Him.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]And why she -- and He -- will be back.[/FONT]
:sigh: Seriously? This is something you think of as a good thing? Disagreeing with Sarah Palin means you hate God? :scratch:
tulc(really doesn't remember that in any Bible he's read) :sorry:

Reactions: craigerNY
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[FONT=times new roman,times]Sarah Palin loves God. God loves Sarah Palin. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]And that is why they hate her...and Him.[/FONT]​
[FONT=times new roman,times]
[/FONT]
I really despise rhetoric like that.

Has anyone ever noticed that some of the same people who talk so much about personal accountability are the same ones who blame everyone else when they lose a political race?

Sarah Palin didn't lose because she's a know-nothing political lightweight. She lost because of the so-called "liberal media"...because of Democratic and/or liberal "meanies" who were ugly to her and her family....because her opponents "hate God".

Nothing's ever her fault - it's everyone else's fault!
Ringo[FONT=times new roman,times]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus loves Palin, AND Jesus loves the little children....all the children of the world.

Does this mean that Palin haters also hate children? :confused:
Let's not conflate hate and a complete lack of respect.

One a side note I love when I get to use the word "conflate".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If public office is such an opportunity to serve, why did she abdicate said office? Why would I be mistaken to think she found an even greater opportunity to serve her own financial interests by becoming a full time, right wing celebrity?

The article was tendentious puffery written for her fan club.

I have a feeling all the ethics violations she's been charged with played a part also. She had more against her for the legal fund that was started for her. Why she can't afford her own legal costs is beyond me.

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone ever noticed that some of the same people who talk so much about personal accountability are the same ones who blame everyone else when they lose a political race?

Sarah Palin didn't lose because she's a know-nothing political lightweight. She lost because of the so-called "liberal media"...because of Democratic and/or liberal "meanies" who were ugly to her and her family....because her opponents "hate God".

[/FONT]

[/INDENT]

This has been the case for the Republican party for sometime. It's always everyone else's fault. Even when they controlled the entire government for 6 years, everything was always someone else's fault. They always blame Clinton, Carter, or anyone else with a D next to their name. The party of responsibility is nothing but the party of hypocrites.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jaymai

Sep 28, 2008
✟15,379.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There are people, primarily white conservatives, who simply trust Sarah Palin and who don't trust Barack Obama. This trust and mistrust is so blind that whatever Palin says, no matter how illogical or inaccurate it is, some folks agree with it (once of course, Fox news is given the chance to decipher and spin what she said into thoughtful commentary). In other words, in some peoples minds, EVERY utterance she makes is absolutely brilliant. On the other hand, if Obama says he thinks people shouldn't drink water with mice feces in it, there are those who would throw a temper tantrum claiming he was trying to control their lives. Fox news would have a panel to discuss what he's up to and how the founding fathers and Ronald Reagan would never dream of putting such a restriction on good, hardworking, patriotic Americans. It's becoming all so predictable.

Upvote 0

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sarah Palin loves God. God loves Sarah Palin.

And that is why they hate her...and Him.

And why she -- and He -- will be back.
p1. Jesus loves the little children
p2. Little children love ice cream
c Everyone who doesn't love icecream is an atheist child hater.

This game is fun.

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟18,723.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=times new roman,times]
[/FONT]
I really despise rhetoric like that.

[/FONT]

I was looking at pictures of the first family, and noticed that his family apparently flies for free on federal money, I was thinking that maybe this is an ethics violation, and I need 5,000 pages of documentation of the rules he uses to justify this action.

Anyway, I'm sure a double standard exists and it didn't end up in Palin's favor, actually it clealry was in Biden's favor, although it payed of in fame for Palin.

Upvote 0