USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Ezekiel 13 chapter is for the last days. It is to the Church because there are certain last day event markers given, and also the fact that God made Ezekiel a 'watchman' to the "house of Israel", which I will explain here also (Ezekiel 3).

Understanding About the Two Houses in God's Word:
To properly understand this Ezekiel 13 chapter, one must first understand who God sent Ezekiel to, and how it applies to Christ's Church today. In Ezekiel 3 God said He made Ezekiel a "watchman" to the "house of Israel". In that time the "house of Israel" meant the ten northern tribes of the "kingdom of Israel".

After Solomon God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms (1 Kings 11 forward). The ten tribes made up the northern "kingdom of Israel" in the northern lands while the tribes of Judah and Benjamin made up the southern "kingdom of Judah" at Jerusalem/Judea in the south. They had war against each other until God removed all the ten tribes of the northern kingdom captive to Assyria and the lands of the Medes. Only the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi were left in the land.

Thus God ended the "kingdom of Israel" of ten tribes using the kings of Assyria, and scattered them among the Gentiles never to return, even as it is to this day. They became lost to the Jews and to the world. As God had foretold through His prophet Hosea, the ten tribes would lose their heritage as part of Israel.

About 120 years later after God removed the ten tribes, the "kingdom of Judah" would also go into captivity, but by the king of Babylon instead, and only for 70 years per God's promise, and then a remnant of them would return to Jerusalem to rebuild it and the temple. But the ten tribes did not return, and were not part of the 70 years Babylon captivity.

In Ezekiel 3, God tells Ezekiel to go to the "house of Israel", that He made Ezekiel a "watchman" to the house of Israel. At that time Ezekiel was captive to Babylon among his brethren the Jews of the southern kingdom that Nebuchadnezzar had removed to Babylon. Ezekiel lived at the river Chebar-Babylon. But he would be taken by The Spirit to the river Chebar near the Euphrates north of Babylon to where the ten tribes of the house of Israel had been in their own separate captivity (compare Ezekiel 1 with Ezekiel 3).

Well what's all that got to do with the Church, one might ask? In Matthew 15:24, our Lord Jesus said He was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. He said that to a Gentile who asked His help. The "house of Israel" after Solomon meant the ten tribes in the north, not the Jews of the southern kingdom. This became especially true when the Jews at Jerusalem-Judea rejected Jesus and The Gospel and thus The Gospel would go to the Gentiles and they would believe. The majority of the ten tribes of the house of Israel were scattered among those Gentiles, and became as Gentiles, which God had foretold through His prophet Hosea. Many of those along with Gentiles would become Christ's Church, even as it still is today. The Jews did not loose their heritage as part of Israel. The ten tribes did.

So after the split of old Israel, remember, the labels "house of Israel", "kingdom of Israel", "Samaria" (northern ten tribe capital), "Ephraim" (head king tribe over the ten tribes), "Joseph" (Ephraim's father), "Israel", are all prophetic pointers to the ten northern tribes of Israel, either just before God removing them from the holy land, and thereafter, even to this day. Understanding this distinction made in God's Word is important to understand which OT prophecies apply to the Church vs. to orthodox unbelieving Jews.

An example of this is with what Apostle Paul taught in Romans 9 when speaking to Roman Gentile believers on Christ. Paul quoted directly from the Book of Hosea to Gentile Christians. Thing is, the Book of Hosea was written TO... the ten tribe "house of Israel"! Paul quoted a section from Hosea showing the ten tribes joined with Gentiles in Christ's Church (Romans 9:24-26). And remember, the believing Gentiles are graffed in, not the other way around. And there is no such thing as an only Gentile Church in God's Word. Christ's Church is made up of believing Israelites and Gentiles, together as one body in Christ (Galatians).

• Informative
Reactions: GospelS

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now the Ezekiel 13 prophecy that is for the last days, God warning those who teach His people to fly to save their souls.

Ezek 13
13:1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, 'Hear ye the word of the LORD;
3 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!
4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.

Like Ezekiel 3 showed, God had made Ezekiel a "watchman" to the house of Israel, and He took Ezekiel by The Spirit to the northern river Cherbar (modern Khabour, approx. 45mi. north of Babylon, not where Ezekiel lived), to the area where the ten tribes were captive above Babylon.

5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

Very... important verse there. The "day of the LORD" is the final day of this present world when our Lord Jesus returns, and God's consuming fire burns the wicked works of man off this earth (2 Peter 3:10). That day has not come yet!

And if this were all history, then what in the world is that "house of Israel" being mentioned in the time of this "day of the LORD" which is the last day of this world? It means brethren, the ten tribes of the house of Israel STILL exists today. "Where? brother", some might ask. Many dwell among Christ's Church with Gentile believers. Like Jesus said, He was not sent but unto the LOST SHEEP of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL. Well just who... accepted The Gospel on national scales after Christ was preached to the nations? The traditional Christian western nations did, Britain being the first nation to accept Jesus on a national scale.

So this Ezekiel 13 warning is definitely... for Christ's Church today! Do remember Apostle Paul telling us to put on the whole armor of God, so as to do what? So as to STAND IN THE EVIL DAY. These "foxes" aren't doing that for their congregations today! They instead have made their's weak by telling them lies. They are not prepared for the coming battle on the "day of the LORD".

6 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, 'The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.
7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, 'The LORD saith it'; albeit I have not spoken?

They say The LORD told them this, or that, and He didn't speak to them. And then they get other brethren to say 'amen' to confirm the lies they teach.

8 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD.

Plain as day. God said He is against those foxes.

9 And Mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of My people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.

Another strong warning He gives them; they won't even be allowed to enter the land of Israel. He is getting ready here to define just what lies they teach.

10 Because, even because they have seduced My people, saying, 'Peace'; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:

How do they seduce His people with saying that, "Peace", when there is no peace? Recall what Apostle Paul taught for the end in 1 Thessalonians 5 when the deceived start saying, "Peace and safety"? He showed the very end of this world is going to be a time of fake peace and safety. The deceived will believe it is real though. We were forewarned about that in Daniel 8 also, as the false one is to destroy many 'using' peace for the end. Even craft is to prosper at his hand. Heal the world's woes, and what the coming Antichrist is prophesied to do, working great signs and wonders to deceive the whole world (Rev.13).

This verse then reveals deceived preachers going along with the coming one-world peace plan in prep for the coming pseudo-Christ. So that's a sign given here, but for the end. The idea of untempered mortar is about plaster that doesn't have much of a hardener. So the first hard rain that comes washes it away. That is what God compares their preaching to, i.e., like a wall daubed with untempered mortar.

(Cont.)

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(Cont.)

Ezek 13:11-23
11 Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it.

12 Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, 'Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it?'
13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in My fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in Mine anger, and great hailstones in My fury to consume it.
14 So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
15 Thus will I accomplish My wrath upon the wall, and upon them that have daubed it with untempered morter, and will say unto you, 'The wall is no more, neither they that daubed it;

Very... strong words from our Heavenly Father against the false wall and those who daub it. The hailstones and day of His wrath of course is for the near future when Jesus returns (see Revelation 19:11 forward and Ezekiel 39).

16 To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord GOD.

Right now, President Trump is working on his plan for peace in the middle east. This plan, nor any other for this world, is going to work. God will not allow it to produce fruit. Yet they will still try to setup a fake peace anyway.

17 Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, which prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy thou against them,
18 And say, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of My people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?'

The idea of sewing pillows to all armholes is really about a Hebrew expression of coverings over God's outstretched arms towards His people. The foxes among God's people instead try to cover His arms, to hide Him. And thus God also asks if they can save the souls alive that come to them. And what does a hunter do to its prey? It kills. Thus these foxes are like the "tares" our Lord Jesus warned us about in Matthew 13. They hide as weeds among the good wheat, and are not destroyed until harvest time.

19 And will ye pollute Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to My people that hear your lies?

God also shows they pollute Him, by slaying souls that should not die, and saving souls that should not live.

20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

That is an identifying doctrine being taught today, the Pre-tribulational Rapture doctrine. Those foxes among God's Israel hunt souls to make them fly ('fly away'). They even write songs about it (I'll Fly Away Gospel tune).

21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

God is going to tear them away from those foxes eventually.

22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:
23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver My people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
KJV

Upvote 0