God - A Spirtual Being but why unquestionable?

KarmaZeen

Apr 6, 2020
New York City
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, I'm kinda a Christian. But Really I notice everyone on this forum just is fooling themselves we really don't know for sure if God exists or not, he is an invisible force. The spirit of the Father the creator and the Son the Healer along with the holy spirit we can embody are real but why do you have blind faith that this stuff is real?

KarmaZeen

Apr 6, 2020
New York City
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I said he is a spirit but we can't see him. How do we know it's not just our imagination. I know there's things we don't control in our lives but why call that God? Is there really a God who cares about us or is it just our mind and the reality of the world. How can we know?

• Useful
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, I'm kinda a Christian. But Really I notice everyone on this forum just is fooling themselves we really don't know for sure if God exists or not, he is an invisible force. The spirit of the Father the creator and the Son the Healer along with the holy spirit we can embody are real but why do you have blind faith that this stuff is real?

OP seems inconsistent, questioning belief and yet also stating belief. What makes you think we embody the Trinity?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Faith based on evidence is not a blind faith.

Christianity is the best higher system explaining our reality, Jesus Christ, our personal experience, repentance, etc.

And I agree with others that your post postulates some strange ideas. Son the Healer, for example?

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You cannot be "kinda a Christian". You either are or not.

You may be some kind of a theist, accepting some Christian ideas, but if you do not believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God who came in body, died and was resurrected for our sins, then its not Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do you have blind faith that this stuff is real?
When I was a child the people around me taught me about God. They instructed me to search within myself for that ounce of faith that we all have so that I can know that God is real. As an adult I've witnessed miracles that only God could have done. "Blessed are those that believe but have not seen." You have to make that leap of faith and say, "God is real." Then eventually you will see for yourself.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To say someone is ‘kind of a Christian’, is like saying a baby is ‘kind of born’. When you are born again there will be no doubt.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not Christian. I think I'm content with me believing in God generally, and having a relationship with God and living my life the best way possible. Kudos to all you Christians you are good people.

"Son of God" we use that term as if we know what it means. if the Son is Co-eternal with the Father and the Spirit in what sense can we say he is begotten? I think we do best by looking at all religions and recognizing common themes. There is an order, a Tao, a Dharma, Torah, Logos. And there is the fullness of human potential to which we aspire, a Christos, enlightenment, even avatar, God incarnate. But practically speaking we just need to align ourselves with what is good, what is just, what is compassionate, what is love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But practically speaking we just need to align ourselves with what is good, what is just, what is compassionate, what is love.
Eternal life with God is only available through belief in His Son, Jesus Christ. He is the light and the way, those who believe will have eternal life.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome. Without the first step, faith, there is no relationship between the Father and a human being. After faith we trust in His Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth who took away our sins. We receive His Holy Spirit who dwells in us as we walk with Him daily. You see, it is a relationship. If an individual starts by denying a relationship can even be possible, then it is a moot point.
Be blessed and stay healthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lawlwaanwaa
I think you have that a little bit misunderstood. This applies to people who call Him Lord, but still practice lawlessness.

And no one else?

Just like the sheep and goats, we need to include all of us.

Upvote 0