God’s Providence, and the place of all the hurts and problems we overcome with God’s help

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
#198 - Bookmark.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 14.54.01.png

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

Paul says he takes "pleasure" in his troubles. God's grace includes how God's love in us effects us. If we are in sharing with God in this love (Romans 5:5) which has Heaven's own quality, we have such "pleasure" in sharing (1 Corinthians 6:17) with Him. And this grace of God's own love has almighty power so we can have His "pleasure" with Him, in spite of howsoever any evil would try to effect us.

But I see how Paul means that this works like this while our troubles are really "for Christ's sake"; we will not have His "pleasure" while we are involved in selfish nonsense and its troubles which we have brought on ourselves. And in the weakness of ego's activities we are weak so we can be overcome by problems.

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

Paul says he takes "pleasure" in his troubles. God's grace includes how God's love in us effects us. If we are in sharing with God in this love (Romans 5:5) which has Heaven's own quality, we have such "pleasure" in sharing (1 Corinthians 6:17) with Him. And this grace of God's own love has almighty power so we can have His "pleasure" with Him, in spite of howsoever any evil would try to effect us.

But I see how Paul means that this works like this while our troubles are really "for Christ's sake"; we will not have His "pleasure" while we are involved in selfish nonsense and its troubles which we have brought on ourselves. And in the weakness of ego's activities we are weak so we can be overcome by problems.

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)
Hi 'com7fy8'. Thanks for your thoughts. It's always good to see you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.