God’s pleasure

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Loving Jesus is defined by keeping His commandments:

Jesus says if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15).​

Loving Jesus deals with our right standing with the Lord:

Paul says if any man loves not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed (1 Corinthians 16:22).
Seems pretty simple to me.

Even believing in Jesus is a commandment (1 John 3:23).
Believing in Jesus is a work of God (John 6:29).
So yes, we are saved by Law, or by a Work.
So obviously Paul was not talking about New Covenant Law or New Covenant Works (Which takes place after one is saved by God's grace through faith).

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obeying is indicative, not imperative.
Your first response to Jesus saying, " Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you was basically no, thats not true because you said contrary to Christ that "obeying does not make you his friends" when Jesus said otherwise to them.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Loving Jesus is defined by keeping His commandments:

Jesus says if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15).​

Loving Jesus deals with our right standing with the Lord:

Paul says if any man loves not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed (1 Corinthians 16:22).
Seems pretty simple to me.

Even believing in Jesus is a commandment (1 John 3:23).
Believing in Jesus is a work of God (John 6:29).
So yes, we are saved by Law, or by a Work.
So obviously Paul was not talking about New Covenant Law or New Covenant Works (Which takes place after one is saved by God's grace through faith).
It may seem simple to you because you miss the point. Obedience is indicative of our love of Christ. It’s not imperative in order to stay saved.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True. Cart before the horse. We obey because we are His friends. He said if you are my friends you will keep my commandments.
And what do we do if even after many years as Christians, we do not see ourselves keeping His commandments? At what point to we hit our knees and ask why our hearts are lukewarm, why sins still rule over us, why we are still loving OUR life, with no desire to lose it to find His in us?

Gids

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It may seem simple to you because you miss the point. Obedience is indicative of our love of Christ. It’s not imperative in order to stay saved.
And if obedience is indicative, do we see our obedience indicating that Christ is not only in our hearts, but growing more and more? Should it not concern us if we do not?

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your first response to Jesus saying, " Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you was basically no, thats not true because you said contrary to Christ that "obeying does not make you his friends" when Jesus said otherwise to them.
I yell outside to a bunch of kids that it’s time to come in. How can we determine who my children are? The ones who obey. Is the obedience that makes them my children?

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I yell outside to a bunch of kids that it’s time to come in. How can we determine who my children are? The ones who obey. Is the obedience that makes them my children?
Your words were contrary to Christ's I don't know why you keep diverting from the obvious

• Winner
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And if obedience is indicative, do we see our obedience indicating that Christ is not only in our hearts, but growing more and more? Should it not concern us if we do not?

Blessings,

Gideon
Of course it should concern us. We should be living right. But not so we can achieve some level of acceptance. If you have to do something, that’s law, not gospel.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He expects us to make mistakes?? Brother, we are told He considers it our reasonable service to present our bodies as loving sacrifices, to not be conformed to the ways of the wolrd but to be transformed into His image by abiding in Him.

There is no question He loves us, but pleased with us while we dally in sin and worldliness while our hearts are lukewarm to Him? While our love for ourselves firmly outweighs our love for Him? While obedience to Him takes a second seat to pleasing ourselves? The devil has sown this lie in our midst and multitudes are eating it up.

Was God pleased with rhe servant who made no gain? Was the master pleased when His own were to busy with things of this life to prepare themselves to meet their Lord? I think we both know that answer. In both cases, He was wroth. As a matter of fact, in Luke 17, after He had taken away that which He had given to the unprofitable servant, He said these profound and sobering words:

"Then bring all those who would not have me to reign over them, and slay them before me." Ouch.

It is one thing if we are truly trying to walk as children of God and to see sin defeated in our lives and to put off our old carnal nature. But to those who have no desire to flee willful sin, He tells us that there remains no sacrifice for sin, but a fearful looking for of judgment.

We have become those spoken of who have itching ears, who want all the goodness God offers without the hating of our own life. Make no mistake, there will be multitudes on the final day shocked to hear the displeasure in God's voice as He tells them to depart from Him.

Look. I get it. Right now, we have been fed a half gospel that tries to convince us that sin is now no big deal..... the same sins that caused Jesus to have to suffer and die for us. No wonder we have wandered so far from the truth.

But praise God forevermore, there is an answer for us, and God is even now beginning to reveal it to His own. But to those who want to have their cake and eat it too, nothing will be revealed.

For the one who truly longs to become fully obedient, yet who finds himself still mired in Romans 7, doing the things he truly hates, God is about to move mountains to awaken such a one as to HOW to walk in holiness and righteousness all the days of His life.

Amazing days are ahead for those who love the light but simply do not yet how to walk in it. But for those who still find great pleasure in darkness and self rule, their deception is about to increase a hundred-fold.

blessings,

Gideon

It is no secret that a Christians “Idol” is Christ.

To pretend that preaching Christ as the Propitiation, Atonement, Sanctification And Justification that seals us Saved, apart from all else... is teaching to revel in sin is just Daft.

This is a gong clanging that is pretending that Faith Alone is a Call to orgies and the like!

People are interpreting the Good Works preaching as a requirement to be saved and a call to be sin free in order to be saved!

Souls are at stake!

Satan isn’t busy causing people to Sin. Satan sits back, keeps track of our stupidity and attempts to either cause people to believe they aren’t “good enough”... (missing the Jesus part) to be Saved... or worse yet... that they need to “Improve” on Christ’s Work!

All of the do good preaching in the flesh, assumes the Holy Spirit doesn’t teach this to the Saved.

How about this... Show em Jesus... Assure them He’s sufficient to save. Encourage them as the Father draws them into True Belief and LET GOD DO HIS JOB!

The Holy Spirit doesn’t need our “Help” to Sanctify a soul!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Of course it should concern us. We should be living right. But not so we can achieve some level of acceptance. If you have to do something, that’s law, not gospel.

Amen! It’s like people hear Faith in Jesus, Alone, Saves and they think Crack is getting peddled with a side of Orgies and kicker of a month long Murder spree!

This is why Paul had to ask the dumb question ... Is Christ a promoter of Sin... Because some not so thoughtful people were clearly accusing him of preaching that very thing!

• Haha
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the obvious? That Satan likes to wrap people up in the flesh, especially Obedience, so they can lose sight of what saves them?

Seriously!

Faith Alone Saves!!!!! We believe in the Gospel and then, the Father begins to Draw us into True Belief.

We preach Christ Crucified!

I’m pretty sure the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are up to the rest!

What causes mortality to a soul? Unbelief!

The rest is Paid for! People aren’t preaching Jesus to encourage sin!

And so help me... please don’t prayer emoji Me like you did Brother Hammster!

What does that even mean? Dear Jesus, let this person know that my way is more better!?! :p

What are you going on about? I never stated Jesus does not save and affirmed Jesus words. If you have a problem with those you are free to take any rebuke up with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.