God’s pleasure

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Truth is established by Scripture.
I know of no other way "without making a list of verses" so as to show the truth of something in the Bible. Is that not how we defend our view or belief on a doctrine or truth in God's Word?
If one believes the Trinity, they do so based on the testimony of Scripture.
Surely, nobody here would disagree with a list of verses in defense of the Trinity.
Why would one disagree with a list of verses on another truth in God's Word?
Again, information is not your enemy.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Jason,

I BELIEVE... Jesus is Sufficient to Save. However, for the sake of discussion...

Let's say I read what you are writing, note I have sin in my life and decide from your writing that I'm not good enough for God and Salvation...

Could you please, without refrain Make a LIST of the Commands required to "Re"Obtain my salvation?

Mind you, I really thirst for union with God... and I don't want to "Miss the Mark"... please make this list clear, specific and guaranteed to "Save" me.

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord. - 1 Corinthians 1:30-31

And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. - Genesis 15:6

If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.
- 2 Timothy 2:13

No human being has the power to keep all the rules. That is why Jesus came to be our righteousness and to take our punishment for sin in our place. When God looks on us He sees the righteousness of Christ.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“A good man obtaineth favour of the Lord: but a man of wicked devices will he condemn.”
(Proverbs 12:2).

“If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing,..."
(1 Timothy 6:3-4).

“...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.” (James 4:6).

“Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.” (Proverbs 3:34).

"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." (James 1:21).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 2:12-13 does not say that God is faithful to us if we do not believe anymore.

12 “If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.” (2 Timothy 2:12-13).​

For verse 12 says that if we deny Him, He will deny us.
Verse 13 does not say who or what He is faithful to if we do not believe.

But we know by the testimony of the rest of Scripture that God is faithful to His Word.

Isaiah 55:11: “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shallaccomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”

Joshua 21:45: “Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass.”

Jeremiah 1:12: “Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am [actively] watching over My word tofulfill it.’ (AMP)

God is not faithful if we do not have any faith or if we stop believing.

For Hebrews 11:6 says,

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
(Hebrews 11:6).

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Truth is established by Scripture.
I know of no other way "without making a list of verses" so as to show the truth of something in the Bible. Is that not how we defend our view or belief on a doctrine or truth in God's Word?
If one believes the Trinity, they do so based on the testimony of Scripture.
Surely, nobody here would disagree with a list of verses in defense of the Trinity.
Why would one disagree with a list of verses on another truth in God's Word?
Again, information is not your enemy.

I will be sincere...

Sin reigned before the Law... and was clearly a result of the Eden account. (Make Of this as you will out of whatever way you follow this)

However, once The Law was Given and sealed by all participating parties... including the Angels... (Galatians 3:19)... the Law was identified as the Universal code of what Sin was to be identified as.

The Law only stands against those that apply it to themselves or others, in light of Salvation. We know this from Galatians, James, Romans... and many other NT writings.

Because Jesus is the “Fulfillment” not “Abolition” Of the Law, though it’s glory is fading... we know that the Condemnation of the Law has no power over True Believers... (Ephesians 1:13 ; Romans 8:9).

This mysterious list that you are imparting as a “Co-Requirement” for Salvation... would require some form of “Unfulfilled” Law to be imparted.

As it stands... God Authored only One Covenant Of Law, and He did so to a specific people, for a specific purpose. Not only did God author this Law, but it’s Author was Murdered. This is one of the many ways 1 John 2:2 and 1 John 3:8 are proven true.

When a Contract’s Author Dies... the Contract is then relegated to the past. A new Contract has to be put in place and sealed with the blood of it’s Author, in respects of the New Covenant.

This New Contract is genuinely relegated to Loving our Neighbors as ourselves... and further more recognizing that Greater Love hath no man, than He lay down his life for His friends.

The very nature of the New Covenant is embodied in Abraham’s Promise of Isaac.

Abraham was given a Promise by God that only God could fulfill. Abraham attempted to fulfill this Promise of his own efforts. In doing so, he laid the seed of Islam, ultimately.

My point? Both the Old Covenant (In it’s beautiful fading glory) and the New Covenant depend on God to be fulfilled, not man.

I’m trying to drill it in to Thick Skulled People, through Spiritual Verbiage (No finger pointing implied)... that attempting to make Ishmael is a really bad idea!

It doesn’t just hurt the thick skulled person but it creates “A wild Ass against all humanity”. (Genesis 16:12)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
True or False

God’s pleasure with us is not based on our performance.

It can be, but then at other times his pleasure in us is from something else.

We are his real children, and in every family performance is drawn by love and your actions are moved by your love.

Upvote 0

Tone

Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True or False

True and false.

If our best is truly our best then even in our failure God is pleased with us.

We are weak and it is in our weakness that His strength is shown. IF we were able to do it on our own then there would have been no need for Christ.

However, Christ is not a license to sin. As such, we still have our part to play. We must still take up our cross and follow Him.

Will we stumble? Yes.
Will we fall back a few steps? Yes
Will we struggle? Absolutely

But it is when we desire and long to take up our cross, some days we succeed, sometimes we fail, but the willingness and desire to do His will above our own is what God values.

We are without the ability to save ourselves, but we still have our part to play.

Does a drowning man in the ocean save himself because someone throws him a lifesaver/floatation device?

Does the man not have the responsibility to reach out and hold on to it?

Christ is our salvation but that doesnt take away our part, like the man in the ocean our part is small, reach out to that which is hope at life, cling to its (His) offer of salvation and never let go.

We can still choose to pursue the world and its fleeting pleasures (which is enmity with God, or we pursue Him and obedience to Him above all else which is pleasing to Him (even when we fail) because it is our will to follow Him, even when we in our weak flesh can not do so on our own strength.

Some times even the most devoted child of God falls short in his or her performance, IF they serve Him even in failure... He is well pleased, because then His child, through failure must lean more on their Father

If your child is doing their best to achieve something, but they fail... do you love them less? Are you angry at them it you know they gave all they could?

If you fathers and mothers that are evil know how to show compassion, love and support to your child... how can you believe that a perfect Father would be anything less than pleased when He knows that you gave your all even if the performance were to not reflect that?

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
True or False

Um, God's acceptance of me is not based upon my performance, but whether or not He is pleased with me is contingent upon the character of my living. My acceptance by God is all because of Christ, not me. And because God always accepts His Son, He always accepts those who are in him.

Ephesians 1:4-7
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Exodus 14:14 ; Isaiah 30:15 ; 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Ephesians 4
"25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are members of one another. 26“Be angry, yet do not sin.”Do not let the sun set upon your anger, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing good with his own hands, that he may have something to share with the one in need 29Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building up the one in need and bringing grace to those who listen.30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, outcry and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and tender-hearted to one another, forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you."

DO these things and He will be pleased with you.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 4
"25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are members of one another. 26“Be angry, yet do not sin.”Do not let the sun set upon your anger, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing good with his own hands, that he may have something to share with the one in need 29Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building up the one in need and bringing grace to those who listen.30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, outcry and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and tender-hearted to one another, forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you."

What happens if you don’t do those things?

Upvote 0

Tone

Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What happens if you don’t do those things?

Ephesians 5
"5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure, or greedy person (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on the sons of disobedience. 7Therefore do not be partakers with them. 8For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, 9for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth. 10Test and prove what pleases the Lord. 11Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 5
"5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure, or greedy person (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on the sons of disobedience. 7Therefore do not be partakers with them. 8For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, 9for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth. 10Test and prove what pleases the Lord. 11Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."
Can you explain that to me?

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 4

I understand your perspective... but I only desire the Propitiation Of Jesus.

“In my hands, nothing I bring... to Jesus, alone, do I cling”

Ephesians 2:8-10 (Ephesians 2:9)

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0