• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

"Go to hell"?

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by escapee, Jul 20, 2019.

1. escapee

escapee New Member

+45
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    We do many things in this life that we are committed to, then we regret. This can be a marriage, or a divorce, or giving birth, or a job, or even just wishing somebody to just go to hell.

But these things can have eternal consequences, as marriages are made in heaven, murder rings through eternity, our eternal soul can get damaged.

How do we undo an eternal damage to our soul? Especially if this is a generational sin which we don't know about?

And can this explain birth defects, autism, and various bad things that happen to good people?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+126
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    TBH I have realised something - to embrace sadness and misery - then you will be happy being miserable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+7,152
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I consider most all due to the fall, although some sins such as an alcoholic pregnant mother can pass on birth defects to the child etc. ect..
    M-Bob

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. tryphena rose

tryphena rose Daughter of the Most High

+238
    United States
    Christian
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes. Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."
    Romans 3:10-26

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. RayJeena

RayJeena Humble and proud of it. Supporter

+3,191
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    A system where a soul could be eternally damaged is a system
    that wouldn't have been thought out too well prior to implementation.
    Fortunately, not everyone buys into that concept. For them, Divine
    competence is the reality.

6. Greengardener

Greengardener for love is of God Supporter

+149
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Someone I knew was struggling with an ongoing perpetrator of annoyance and difficulty in her work situation. She told me she found herself wishing harm on the perpetrator but kept rebuking herself for her own evil thoughts. Then she realized that if she wished that the perpetrator would win the lottery, the end result would be the same - the perpetrator would be gone, and in a guiltless manner. I had to laugh over that one. I say that to say this: it seems to me that we have a lot to balance in our lives. Our best options are to cling to what God has to say about it since He made us. The entrance of His word brings light, brings understanding to the simple. I know I've needed it to help make sense of my own lot in life.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+683
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Been there, done that. ^_^

8. Greengardener

+149
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I guess I would have to admit I've had closely similar struggles within myself as well!

9. escapee

escapee New Member

+45
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    But what if you don't have a recourse to Christ, because your environment forbids it? For example you are a minor child and they block it from your life?

10. Greengardener

+149
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    In all honesty, I don't know that I would have wisdom to address any and all theoretical situations, escapee. If this is a real situation, I would be glad to add my prayers for a better resolution. Or if you want to share details, I might be able to find some comfort or encouragement from the Scriptures to offer, or I might ask if there were any way I could help. I was as a minor cut off from most of the gospel, but God found a way, so in this I can suggest that it may be likewise and to continue in strong hope.

11. escapee

escapee New Member

+45
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Thanks a lot Greengardener, yes, this is a theoretical situation, to help me understand for my studies, although many people may be in this problem. This forum is super good, and you guys are really knowledgeable, I am happy that I have joined it even though it is all in English. Some language to learn. Hehehe. Thanks a lot!