Gluten Free Messianic Forum Thread

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
NO DOUGH PIZZA!!!!!!! This one is a WINNER!!!!
Gluten Free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly!!!!!!
For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs!!!!!!!

Crust
1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
toppings - as you like... turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers etc
Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

21453_4943609199565_466759089_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
NO DOUGH PIZZA!!!!!!! This one is a WINNER!!!!
Gluten Free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly!!!!!!
For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs!!!!!!!

Crust
1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
toppings - as you like... turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers etc
Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

21453_4943609199565_466759089_n.jpg
Did you make that Vis? It sounds pretty fattening, but would be a good alternative to matzah pizza at Passover.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Which reminds me, Now is the time to stock up on GF Matzah and crackers.

My store has them in already and I'm getting them to carry me throughout the year. I particularly like the onion ones. Made by Yehuda from Israel.

Also the only time to find GF Gefilte in most stores, look now before it's all gone! :yum:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
May the good L-rd permit you this gluten intolerance condition in order that you may grow in understanding, compassion and love and learn to not make such callous, inappropriate remarks.
Wow, Yeah, not to mention insensitive!

:o

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
May the good L-rd permit you this gluten intolerance condition in order that you may grow in understanding, compassion and love and learn to not make such callous, inappropriate remarks.

I will try to remember that everyone here is looking for a reason to be offended.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will try to remember that everyone here is looking for a reason to be offended.

No that isn't true, why would you make fun of us? Do you have any idea how hard and what kind of struggle we go through every, single, day?

It is a genetic disease, not a choice.

Try and imagine having an intestinal flu for your whole life and maybe you may get a clue what we go through.

Do you know what Celiac disease is?

And the word is Gluten, not Glutton.

Gluten is a protein found in certain grains that react in our bodies like a poison. They cause parts of our bodies to actually be destroyed, very important parts, ones that absorb the many vitamins and mineral and more that it takes to keep our bodies functioning properly.

Upvote 0
M

MessianicMommy

I wasn't offended. However, the comment was very out of place. ;)

I'm still living with the after effects of my diet being thwarted almost 5 years ago. It's difficult. Some days are good, some are really horrible. It's been over a decade now. I know how to handle it and pretty much what my long-term care will look like at this point. I can bake and cook for myself so I don't *need* but definitely love having processed goods that are safe.

Gluten is definitely "free". ^_^ It is everywhere and very difficult to avoid. I'd like to encourage you to try a month of living gluten free this coming May. If you need any help, you don't have to look far! :angel:
Celiac Awareness Month - May 2014
http://www.celiaccentral.org/awarenessmonth/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't offended. However, the comment was very out of place. ;)

I'm still living with the after effects of my diet being thwarted almost 5 years ago. It's difficult. Some days are good, some are really horrible. It's been over a decade now. I know how to handle it and pretty much what my long-term care will look like at this point. I can bake and cook for myself so I don't *need* but definitely love having processed goods that are safe.

Gluten is definitely "free". ^_^ It is everywhere and very difficult to avoid. I'd like to encourage you to try a month of living gluten free this coming May. If you need any help, you don't have to look far! :angel:
Celiac Awareness Month - May 2014
Celiac Awareness Month 2013 | NFCA

I thought it was funny like, "Free Radical." I did not mean to stir up a lynch mob.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I thought it was funny like, "Free Radical." I did not mean to stir up a lynch mob.

We are not a lynch mob CR, please don't label something you know (apparently) nothing about.

The problem came when you misunderstood what Gluten is. You wrote Free 'Glutton'. Now if you had put 'Free Gluten' it might have been taken differently, see there is a great difference between the two words.

Gluten- a protein found in certain grains like, Wheat, Spelt, Rye, Barley that causes extreme problems to people with sensitivities and/or intolerance. From extreme intestinal pain to constant diarrhea to the cannibalization of ones own bodies in reaction to the gluten.

Glutton - an excessively greedy eater.

The problem is there is much too much 'free gluten' permeating our food choices and to top it off for most observant Jews, like myself my restrictions are further reduced to the gluten free having to also be Kosher.

Upvote 0