• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Glory to God 35 days SMOKE FREE!!!

BabyandMe

Sep 18, 2005
Illinois
✟397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I give ALL the Glory and ALL the honor to God! It is by HIS grace that I have been smoke free 35 days!

As a smoker of at least 24 years and up to 3 packs per day I just want to encourge anyone thinking and praying about quiting. Give it to God. If you take that first step He will meet you there. I won't tell you it is easy but I will say HIS Grace is sufficient!

God did not just take the taste and addiction away. The decision had to be made by me. I decided to smoke that first time and I had to decide to stop that last time. But God is faithful and He has been there to give me strength and make a way out of what I thought was no way. I never ever thought I could ever ever stop smoking. I enjoyed smoking and it was almost like smoking was my friend. But HE REIGNS!!!! He is the Lord of my life! I no longer wanted smoking to be the head of my life. I literally woke up each morning w/ a smoke being the first thing on my mind. Now I wake up thanking God for a new smoke free day.

I continue to pray for those who are posting their struggles w/ this addiction and am praying for those who read and are considering stopping. I thank each of you for your prayers as well.