Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glorify God With Thanksgiving
Praise His Name In Song

30 I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. —Psalms 69:30 (NIV)

264874_4d6007d3e4daa1c93879879f82f4b7d5.jpg

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Glorify God With Thanksgiving
Praise His Name In Song

30 I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. —Psalms 69:30 (NIV)

264874_4d6007d3e4daa1c93879879f82f4b7d5.jpg

I listened to a message this morning that just stopped me in my tracks. It was about "thankfulness" and "thankful" hearts vs "unthankful" hearts. And what struck me so powerfully is that the bottom line of a thankful heart, is the "humble-ness" of it, for that is what prompts genuine thankful-ness and the "pure" heart that generates from it. It's genuine, Godly humility, in all its simplicity and "child-like-ness", which is a "guile-less-ness" that is beloved of our Father, and why Jesus delighted in little children. A thankful heart is what is of the Kingdom of heaven. Small children, in all their humble guile-less-ness and simple thankfulness, demonstrate that heart quality.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
...as i think on this, what comes to mind, is that "joy" is connected integrally to a "thankful" heart. It seems that they are part of each other. For a thankful heart is a celebratory one, and it's impossible to "celebrate", genuinely "celebrate", without joy. It seems that God cannot resist it, for as His saints are celebrating and rejoicing, He is right smack in the middle of it all, and i've heard tell that He "sings". This must be surely one of those times that He DOES sing, and His rejoicing and His singing just floods all the celebrants with His joy. How delightful is THAT??!!

gifts_5.jpg

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having Christ in our hearts is cause for much joy and rejoicing.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. —Colossians 3:15 KJV)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Delightful indeed! Having Christ in our hearts is cause for much joy and rejoicing.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. —Colossians 3:15 KJV)

Thank you. It's joyous to know that our God is a God of joy and rejoicing. And it's good and edifying and a blessing to hear and read reminders of it. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums