United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Nope nothing since the 1990 spike.

It appears this topic has been done to death and appears to be in a fringe minority, using bad math and cherry-picked data, bordering conspiracy theory-ness.

Why are you even bothering with this drivel?

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It appears this topic has been done to death and appears to be in a fringe minority, using bad math and cherry-picked data, bordering conspiracy theory-ness.

Why are you even bothering with this drivel?

It is one of my favorite topics ,it amuses me to delve into it from time to time.

:preach::groupray::angel:

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It is one of my favorite topics ,it amuses me to delve into it from time to time.

But you offered nothing new or insightful.

It would be like me occasionally posting in 'Exploring Christianity', over and over, "So, why do you guys think Christianity is right, since it can never be proven?"

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But you offered nothing new or insightful.

It would be like me occasionally posting in 'Exploring Christianity', over and over, "So, why do you guys think Christianity is right, since it can never be proven?"

No because chemistry is settled science GWT is not settled science there are two sides to it and have always been two sides to it no matter how you try you cannot change that.

We have Lindzen , Solanki , and Soon ect..... They will not change their minds just like I will never change my mind. I know too much to change it.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Interesting article:

Looks like the editors of the Daily Fail let this slip into the article:

"German researchers used data from tree rings – a key indicator of past climate – to claim the world has been on a ‘long-term cooling trend’ for two millennia until the global warming of the twentieth century."

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We have Lindzen , Solanki , and Soon ect..... They will not change their minds just like I will never change my mind. I know too much to change it.
I would refer you to a book, "On Being Certain: Believing You Are Right Even When You're Not", by Robert Burton, but I know you won't read it.

Scientific knowledge adapts to reflect greater underrstanding and new facts. You have made up your mind. If you are wrong you will be wrong forever. It is very sad. You might have become a reasoning being.

I would refer you to the parable of the talents, and point out that, in this respect at least, you have not improved upon yours, but I am pretty sure you wouldn't get the point.

:sigh:

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian

Here is link to the original article which is free.

Orbital forcing of tree-ring data : Nature Climate Change : Nature Publishing Group

Note that it is referring to Scandinavian summers only and that the cooling trend clearly ends in 1900.

The overall climate during the medieval warm period was probably not as warm as the earth is now.
NOAA Paleoclimatology Global Warming - The Data

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would refer you to a book, "On Being Certain: Believing You Are Right Even When You're Not", by Robert Burton, but I know you won't read it.

Scientific knowledge adapts to reflect greater underrstanding and new facts. You have made up your mind. If you are wrong you will be wrong forever. It is very sad. You might have become a reasoning being.

I am not wrong. Neither are my hero's Lindzen , Solanki and Soon ect.....

I would refer you to the parable of the talents, and point out that, in this respect at least, you have not improved upon yours, but I am pretty sure you wouldn't get the point.

How on Earth would you know what I have done with my talents ? BTW I do get the point it is taken I have not buried my talents they are here on this forum.

:sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Let's say that you are on a jury for a murder trial. The prosecution presents a very strong case for guilt that includes DNA and fingerprint analysis as well as tire prints and fiber evidence that clearly links the defendent to the murder.

Now it is the defense attorney's turn. The defense presents data demonstrating that people die natural deaths all of the time. Therefore, how can anyone claim that the defendent murdered anyone when people die from natural causes? Would you be convinced by this argument?

If not, then why do you keep bringing up natural warming trends as if that somehow refutes man caused climate change over the last 100 years? We all agree that climate can warm and cool through natural processes just like people die from natural causes. What we are also saying is that dumping massive amounts of CO2 in the air will make the climate warmer than it would be without that extra CO2. What we are saying is that the current warming is man caused. We are NOT arguing that warming can not occur at any time in history without man pumping CO2 into the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No because chemistry is settled science GWT is not settled science there are two sides to it and have always been two sides to it no matter how you try you cannot change that.

Again, like I previously said, you offered nothing new when you started this thread; just trolling.

It would be like if I started a thread with, "Looks like Jesus Christ still hasn't come back yet."

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Again, like I previously said, you offered nothing new when you started this thread; just trolling.

It would be like if I started a thread with, "Looks like Jesus Christ still hasn't come back yet."

I am not a troll because I am of a contrary opinion on AGW.

:holy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums