• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Global Warming is so 90's

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Greatcloud, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Greatcloud

Greatcloud Senior Member

+272
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Nope nothing since the 1990 spike.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Elendur

Elendur Gamer and mathematician

+20
    Agnostic
    Engaged
  3. Greatcloud

Greatcloud Senior Member

+272
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Watch the North Pole ice shelf disappear this year by August and tell me that GW is not going on well I am here to tell you. GW has stopped.

BTW So what if the N Pole fluxuates. Is this the only indicator of GW ?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  4. Elendur

+20
    Agnostic
    Engaged
    No. You've been informed several times.

5. Blayz

Blayz Well-Known Member

+216
    Atheist
    Married
    Great completely-wrong-on-sunspots Cloud has another thread on GW?

Why?

6. Elendur

+20
    Agnostic
    Engaged
    Because spamming is his new way.

7. thaumaturgy

thaumaturgy Well-Known Member

+858
    Atheist
    Married
    Global warming is so 90's!

YEAH, 1890's.

When the original idea was formulated by Arrhenius. And the background science is still just as solid as it was then.

Nothing since the "1990 spike"? So I guess we can just 'ignore' this then eh?

[​IMG]

Just keep looking at the last tiny, tiny bit of the graph and everything is A-OK!

yay! MYOPIA AND BAD STATISTICAL PRACTICE is so 2012!

8. Greatcloud

Greatcloud Senior Member

+272
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Thaumaturgy 1890 ? no no no, that is just a recovery from the LIA and with sun cycle 25 we may be having another modern LIA or MIA (not missing in action) which is another story about our military. (I was a corpman in the Navy) Our climate is going to change its going to take a downturn in temperature mark my words.

9. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+6,758
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The north pole is going to disappear? Yikes. I had no idea that GW involved the complete disappearance of the earth's rotation.

10. Greatcloud

Greatcloud Senior Member

+272
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    sfs now you're just being silly I clearly ment the ice shelf in the N pole.

^_^

11. CaliforniaSun

CaliforniaSun Well-Known Member

+41
    Atheist
    Private
  12. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    Have you figured out yet why its not a good idea to pump greenhouse gases into the atmosphere when most of our glaciers are melting?

13. Greatcloud

Greatcloud Senior Member

+272
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I already know why the glaciers are melting. It is because we are recovering from the LIA.

14. Smidlee

Smidlee Veteran

+736
    Baptist
    Married
    Greenhouse gases are not the cause of glaciers melting it's soot. Politicians are good at steering the public away from the real problem.
    The only way to have any kind of affect on GW ( if it's totally man doing) is to destroying most of the world's population.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  15. RickG

RickG Senior Veteran Supporter

+1,393
    Presbyterian
    Married
    The LIA ended in 1850. There was a slight increase in solar activity from then until about 1930. Since then there have been no significant natural forcings in play.

Perhaps you can cite the scientific literature or NOAA, NASA GISS, NCDC or HADCrut to support that claim?????

16. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,953
    Agnostic
    What do you think happens when we put more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere:

1. Less heat is trapped in the atmosphere

2. More heat is trapped in the atmosphere

3. No change in the amount of heat trapped in the atmosphere

17. Smidlee

Smidlee Veteran

+736
    Baptist
    Married
    CO2 is plant food. The major greenhouse gas on earth is water.

18. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,953
    Agnostic
    I notice that you are avoiding my question. I will ask again. What do you think happens when we put more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere:

1. Less heat is trapped in the atmosphere

2. More heat is trapped in the atmosphere

3. No change in the amount of heat trapped in the atmosphere

19. Smidlee

Smidlee Veteran

+736
    Baptist
    Married
    I remember a study on a program (I think it was Nova) that showed increase CO2 levels causes the tested plants to grow faster which in turn produce more oxygen. Earth is not a Venus. I would go with no change.

20. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,953
    Agnostic
    You still did not answer my question. Why is that?