Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering if anyone has attended a Global awakening school of healing and impartation?

I noticed Randy Clark and Bill Johnson are running one in Melbourne Australia in August and was thinking of attending.

If anyone has attended before was wondering if it was worth it, what did you gain from it?

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

welcome_snacks

Feb 14, 2006
Northam, WA
Visit site
✟15,513.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Wow that is not far from me.. thanks for the head up.. No I have never been before.. but I love Bill Johnsons books!! Hey if I went there I could actually meet you if you went too.. how awesome would that be.. :) I have never met anyone I know from Christian forums before!!

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Wow that is not far from me.. thanks for the head up.. No I have never been before.. but I love Bill Johnsons books!! Hey if I went there I could actually meet you if you went too.. how awesome would that be.. :) I have never met anyone I know from Christian forums before!!

Would be good to meet you, will have to try and make it.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I have just emailed the church where this is supposed to be happening to see if they can tell me anything further!! Most things that comes to Australia don't come anywhere near where I am.. so this is exciting for me..

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have just emailed the church where this is supposed to be happening to see if they can tell me anything further!! Most things that comes to Australia don't come anywhere near where I am.. so this is exciting for me..

Got my brochure in the mail today, can book online from 2nd march

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My hubby & I go to Global Awakenings Voice of the Apostles in the Fall.. & Voice of the Prophets in the Spring (Mike just signed up for the April one yesterday) & have never been disappointed.

We haven't been able to get to the School of Healing & Impartation yet, but would love to go with them on a Missions Trip someday, as well as attend services at Bill Johnson's church in in Redding California..

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering if anyone has attended a Global awakening school of healing and impartation?

I noticed Randy Clark and Bill Johnson are running one in Melbourne Australia in August and was thinking of attending.

If anyone has attended before was wondering if it was worth it, what did you gain from it?

Hi Alan,
I was wondering what a global awakening is and also wondering why it has that title?
Do you these people preach repentance from sin and faith in Jesus.
annrobert

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Alan,
I was wondering what a global awakening is and also wondering why it has that title?
Do you these people preach repentance from sin and faith in Jesus.
annrobert

Hi
Don't know anything about them, there is a link to their site in post #3.

I am booked in ,so will know in August

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Ah mate, if only you really knew who Randy and Bill are.

Mate, I seen them all, all the false prophets and teachers, and I've heard tesimonies from people who ministered with the Vineyard and Toronto stuff, from John Wimber to Howard Brown to Peter Ruckman to Dan Kimball to Steve Winter to Todd Bentely and now Randy and Bill.

All the false spirit that operates in the Faith Movement that goes around zapping people, sending them in all directions through the supernatural. Ah mate, I shake my head in grief.

If you want an impartation of a false spirit then go for it!

Blessings!

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not think we can go to a conference or some thing to get a gift of healing or to learn to activate the gift of the word of knowledge or something.
The bible says that it is a gift of the Holy Spirit being given out by the Spirit as the Spirit wills not man.I do not think that a person can to choose what gift they want and then go attend a school or course or conference to get the gift.We can not just choose to activate a gift just because we want it.The gift must be given by the Holy Spirit and He will lead us into all truth in how to use it.And it must be used according to Gods word.
Romans
8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
Not everyone gets whatever gift they want just for some conference or course.
I would be wary of focusing one angels too.

colossians 2
18Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

1 corinthians

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 8Charity never faileth:

Jesus said He would send the Comforter to us. The Holy Spirit reproves the world of sin righteousness and Judgement.
The Holy Spirit leads people into all truth, not gold dust or feathers.
the Holy Spirit testifies of Jesus, not angels.
The Holy Spirit brings to our remembrance the Words of Jesus, therefore we must study the Words of Jesus so they can be brought to our remembrance at the needed times.Renew our minds with the washing of the Word not with prophets theology.
the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love and peace and joy,longsuffering ,patience ,self cotrol, not boasting, etc.
Since love is the fruit of the Holy Spirit corinthians decribes what love is.
Jesus said if you love me you will keep my commandents.
Much of Jesus teachings focused on love compassion and ministering to the needy and those who cannot return good deeds, also He preached on doing the good deeds in secret.He also taught about the condition of the heart and making the inside of the cup clean.He taught about dying to ourselves.He taught about seeking Gods righteousness, and forgiving people, not gold dust ,feathers .
I have not seen any where that Jesus taught about focusing on Gold dust or angel feathers
Jesus said no one comes to the Father but by Me , not angels.
Do these ministries teach about repentance and faith in Jesus,about obeying Jesus in all things.Do people go away with a conviction to repent and obey Jesus and minister to the needy.
Do people go away with a conviction to go privately and shut the door and pray.
Jesus went away often to pray , He is our example.
The proof of the presence of the Holy Spirit is focusing on Jesus , committing to repent and obey Jesus and the fruit of the spirit, as well as ministering to the needy in secret,and cleaning up our hearts,( the inside of the cup) Not gold dust falling or angel feathers.
God Bless
annrobert

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

annrobert

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there proof that they are being awakened to the Holy Spirit?
Christians themselves should have already been awakened if they pass the test and the Spirit of God dwells in them and they are being led by Him.
The proof of the presence of the Holy Spirit is focusing on Jesus, being reproved of sin , committing to repent and obey Jesus and the fruit of the spirit in our lives, as well as ministering to the needy in secret,and cleaning up our hearts.
Sinners will become aware they are sinners and stop comparing themselves to others and justifying it and realize they need Jesus blood to wash them clean
and to make Him Lord and Saviour and obey Jesus, not just become infatuated with a spiritual high, neither should the christian think that a spiritual high is the ultimate rather than obeying Jesus teachings about ministering to the needy , the halt, the lame , the maimed and the least of these and those who can give nothing back, this takes time compassion and effort.
1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
Love includes making an effort for the broken and bruised, those people left for dead that the religious leaders ignored,(they probably did not have the time,they must have had too many more important things to do, such as religious dinners and conferences ) but the good samaritan, cared enough to take the time and effort cause he had real love.Jesus also took time to minister to outcasts and the broken hearted and commanded us to as well.
love includes taking time out to minister to the broken hearted, the weak and outcast.
love includes mercy campassion and longsuffering.
Loving Jesus means obeying Him and Jesus says if we neglect the least of these His brethern we are neglecting Jesus Himself.
Do these ministries teach about repentance and faith in Jesus,about obeying Jesus in all things.Do people go away with a conviction to repent and obey Jesus and minister to the needy.
Or do people go away feeling happy that their desire for a spiritual high got met,or because they think they got some annointing.
I guarantee that if we obey Jesus teachings , reconcile with people that have something against us , have compassion and mercy on the broken and out casts and take time for them, spend time alone in prayer in secret, that we will be walking in the Spirit.We must confess our faults one to another and pray for one another that we may be healed.Not just attending yet another conference.
Do the big shots make themselves available to the outcasts or are there plain clothed guards to make sure the really broken weak and bruised and poor cannot get near them, or do they allow a relatively short prayer line,where they touch each person for a few seconds each( and everyone seems to think this is wonderful except the few broken who made it into the prayer line somehow but went away still needy since they need some real effort and time put into them in private, not a few second prayer in public. the conference may be after all about good feelings and annointings not the broken weak and bruised) for people who are hoping to get yet another annointing that they will not use except on themselves and will not convict them of their selfishness or the need to visit the sick in their homes or caring for broken people or showing mercy and compassion or getting unforgiveness and bitterness and pride out of their hearts ,will they stop getting angry if people question them on these things, and thinking they are so much better than others and beyond reproach.just some things to consider.Do many of these big time ministries do these things?If they claim to, where is the proof and will they get angry if questioned?Is there proof they are obeying Jesus and walking in genuine love and compassion.Are their testimonies from people who were crushed and battered and shattered by life,that these ministries came and ministered to them with longsuffering and gentleness, time and compassion,are there testimonies about the sick being visited in their homes as well as hospitals, and being cared about, are the homeless in their own cities being cared for( there might be lots of homeless but there are many more christians ,plenty with lots of money. are there testimonies about how peoples hearts were changed and they went and made up with the people who have something against them and how they learned to forgive from their hearts,and how they now minister to the outcasts and needy and how they got pride and selfishness out of their hearts.Are there testimonies about people who have lasting change and love and peace and joy in their hearts even if they go through some hard times.obeying Jesus and loving people brings joy and peace even while we go through trials and persecution and heartbreak .Are there testimonies about people who realized that if someone was suing them at court, they were to give them even more than they asked for, that they were to give to them that ask and not to expect it back again,that they were to go the extra mile and love their enemies and do good to those who persecute them and pray for those who despitefully use them.To invite the broken weak and shattered and wounded into their homes for meals, and to do it with real love and compassion.Are the people realizing that they are not to seek for their clothes and drink and meat for after all these things the sinners seek but we are to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and the food clothes and drink will be added to us.The Holy Spirit gives special gifts to whomsoever He will.But all people who have the Holy Spirit living inside them are commanded to obey Jesus commands .Jesus said if you love Me you will keep my commands.These things would be proof. But advertising great and exciting things
about capturing and releasing the move of God ,When the Spirit of God is like the wind and goes where ever He wants to without being captured.This to me is not proof.Are Jesus Words hard teachings and involve dying to self and denying self and picking up our cross and following Him.Jesus said unless our works exceed the works of the scribes and pharasees ( the religious leaders of the day ) we will not enter into the kingdom of God.The scribes and pharasees lacked love and compassion, searched the scriptures but somehow still missed it.They were beautiful on the outside but gross on the inside.
Jesus Bless us all
annrobert

Upvote 0

HeatherY

Mar 12, 2009
✟15,111.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Everyone - I've read all these posts. I agree that WE can't choose to have a gift - it's just that - a gift! Given to us by the Holy Spirit. But I do believe we are all called to heal the sick, to cast out demons and to set the captives free! I don't think that means that each of us will carry an annointing for a healing ministry as such - but we certainly all carry the presence and the annointing of the Holy Spirit!

For those asking about the School of Healing and Impartation You can do these via webcast though Global Awakening. I did one recently with Randy Clark, Bill Johnson and Joe McIntyre. It was awesome! The sessions can be watched live and then are available 'on demand' for 2 weeks after the conference. The school was 4 days long and only cost US$29 - so it was so MORE than affordable. i did need to top up my Broadband download limit a few times though! I had some trouble with the download the first day but the tech poeple were great in working that out. They involve you in the conference by allowing you to give words of knowledge and participate. If you can get a few people together it would be even better. And remeber - God is omnipresent - HE doesn't care if you're there or alone in your study. He can annoint and impart anywhere. i know He did that for me! I would really recommend it. i learnt so much! There are schools all the time - the next one is with Leif Hetland and Randy. Leif is awesome as well.

So - if you can't afford to travel, or can't get in... I notice the school is already booked out - then try this it is so worth it.

God bless!
Heath

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I wrote to them about times and dates because their meeting was going to be close to where I am and I would have tried to go.. but they never replied.. I am glad you had an awesome time Alan... it does sound truly wonderful.. Glory to GOD..

Upvote 0