✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
flood.jpg

Glenn Morton describes himself as a "Bible-believing Christian". I, as an atheist and defender of science and reason, have great admiration for him. Originally with close ties to the "Institute for Creation Research", a young earth creationist organisation, Glenn earned a degree in physics and joined the oil industry as a geophysicist. He studied geology, and became a successful oil prospector. In the process, he discovered that what he had been told about the flood of Noah, and about a young earth, were wrong. He set about fixing his understanding of scripture, and publishing articles on the internet about his understanding, and also about the vast range of facts that he had discovered, which falsified a woodenly literal interpretation. Some time ago, Glenn Morton took down his website. He was upset with atheists using his material to beat Christians over the head with. But copies of his pages were preserved elsewhere, notably at the WayBackMachine. Worried that he would have them removed from there, I copied them to my wiki at Wikispaces. They were too valuable to be lost. Subsequently, Wikispaces got bought out by some suits at an outfit called TES, and shafted everyone who they had up until then provided free space for, holding them to ransom and demanding money. Instead, I downloaded an archive of my wiki site.

Now I have found the time to put these pages back up as pages on Blogger. There is still work to do, tidying up the presentation and restoring odds and ends, but I hope you will find these pages interesting and useful. Please, if you use them, use them to point out why naïve literalist creationism is wrong - not to attack belief in God.

The archive's contents page is here @ Veritas: Glenn Morton's Pages Archive - Contents

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For one how would you have both cold climate and warm climate creatures on the same ark? To make the argument that the flood was local is not to squirm and do linguistic gymnastics, it's actually to do sound hermeneutics to reach that conclusion...

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
flood.jpg

Glenn Morton describes himself as a "Bible-believing Christian". I, as an atheist and defender of science and reason, have great admiration for him. Originally with close ties to the "Institute for Creation Research", a young earth creationist organisation, Glenn earned a degree in physics and joined the oil industry as a geophysicist. He studied geology, and became a successful oil prospector. In the process, he discovered that what he had been told about the flood of Noah, and about a young earth, were wrong. He set about fixing his understanding of scripture, and publishing articles on the internet about his understanding, and also about the vast range of facts that he had discovered, which falsified a woodenly literal interpretation. Some time ago, Glenn Morton took down his website. He was upset with atheists using his material to beat Christians over the head with. But copies of his pages were preserved elsewhere, notably at the WayBackMachine. Worried that he would have them removed from there, I copied them to my wiki at Wikispaces. They were too valuable to be lost. Subsequently, Wikispaces got bought out by some suits at an outfit called TES, and shafted everyone who they had up until then provided free space for, holding them to ransom and demanding money. Instead, I downloaded an archive of my wiki site.

Now I have found the time to put these pages back up as pages on Blogger. There is still work to do, tidying up the presentation and restoring odds and ends, but I hope you will find these pages interesting and useful. Please, if you use them, use them to point out why naïve literalist creationism is wrong - not to attack belief in God.

The archive's contents page is here @ Veritas: Glenn Morton's Pages Archive - Contents
Didn't AronRa try to use him as a moderator in a debate where he bent over backwards to be fair against his Christian opponent? Aron felt betrayed by how he acted in the debate, the man could not stand to see an atheist wipe the floor with a Christian, even if he knew that that Christian wrong.

ETA: Yup, I remembered correctly:

Morton's Dementia

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ah yes, debating AGW. Quite a few geologists used to be on the anti-AGW side. It seems that most of them have accepted reality by now. I used to be on the anti-AGW side myself. Unlike evolution deniers I actually checked out and studied the claims of both sides and came to realize that I was on the wrong side. I wonder if GM changed his mind?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums