Glenn Greenwald trashes media 'cone of silence' around Hunter Biden email scandal

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Intercept founding editor claims journalists working with 'FBI, CIA and the NSA ... to manipulate the American people'

The Intercept founding editor Glenn Greenwald accussed the mainstream media Monday of "blatant rank-closing and [implementing a] cone of silence" around last week's New York Post bombshell reports detailing Hunter Biden's overseas business dealings.

"I don't think that the emails -- so far -- reveal a huge scandal," Greenwald wrote on Twitter.

"They so far just establish standard sleaze and DC [sic] corruption. The huge scandal to me is the blatant rank-closing and cone of silence -- a prohibition -- erected *by journalists* around this story to defend Biden."

Mainstream reporters have gone into overdriveto dismiss emails purportedly linking the 2020 Democratic nominee to his son's interests, with some outlets simply ignoring the story and others doing their best to cast the information as dubious.

Greenwald challenged journalists "to say with a straight face they believe the emails relating to the Bidens are either fabricated or otherwise fraudulently altered," underscoring the fact that "the Bidens just aren't saying so. "

"There has to be some limits to your willingness to go to bat for them," he wrote.

Continued below.
Glenn Greenwald trashes media 'cone of silence' around Hunter Biden email scandal

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Intercept founding editor claims journalists working with 'FBI, CIA and the NSA ... to manipulate the American people'

The Intercept founding editor Glenn Greenwald accussed the mainstream media Monday of "blatant rank-closing and [implementing a] cone of silence" around last week's New York Post bombshell reports detailing Hunter Biden's overseas business dealings.

"I don't think that the emails -- so far -- reveal a huge scandal," Greenwald wrote on Twitter.

"They so far just establish standard sleaze and DC [sic] corruption. The huge scandal to me is the blatant rank-closing and cone of silence -- a prohibition -- erected *by journalists* around this story to defend Biden."

Mainstream reporters have gone into overdriveto dismiss emails purportedly linking the 2020 Democratic nominee to his son's interests, with some outlets simply ignoring the story and others doing their best to cast the information as dubious.

Greenwald challenged journalists "to say with a straight face they believe the emails relating to the Bidens are either fabricated or otherwise fraudulently altered," underscoring the fact that "the Bidens just aren't saying so. "

"There has to be some limits to your willingness to go to bat for them," he wrote.

Continued below.
The other tactic that they have been using... quite humorous... is that they now are stating that the emails are fake and from the Russians..

You cannot make this stuff up.. Blatant left leaning fake news.

For goodness sake, there's a video of Joe Biden bragging about how he told the Ukrainian leaders that they had go fire a lead investigator into his son's corrupt company... or they would not get a 5 billion dollar hand out..

His words " I told them that I'm leaving in six hours if they don't fire someone.. they aren't getting the 5 billion. They said you're not the President. I said go ahead.. call him...... make up your mind... and Son of a "B"... they fired him"......

This is well known.... Yet CNN and MSNBC... with straight faces.... saying it's Russian planted emails.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The other tactic that they have been using... quite humorous... is that they now are stating that the emails are fake and from the Russians..

You cannot make this stuff up.. Blatant left leaning fake news.

For goodness sake, there's a video of Joe Biden bragging about how he told the Ukrainian leaders that they had go fire a lead investigator into his son's corrupt company... or they would not get a 5 billion dollar hand out..

His words " I told them that I'm leaving in six hours if they don't fire someone.. they aren't getting the 5 billion. They said you're not the President. I said go ahead.. call him...... make up your mind... and Son of a "B"... they fired him"......

This is well known.... Yet CNN and MSNBC... with straight faces.... saying it's Russian planted emails.
The media are insulting. They cannot simply report the facts. They must make up their own to brainwash the people.

Reactions: Xenophon
Upvote 0