United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Friends,

I had originally joined this site many years ago when I initially felt called to Christianity. For many years, I fought the urge to Faith, but finally accepted Jesus in my life on January 14, 2018.

I look forward to participating here.

I wrote at length about the moment I accepted Jesus and the events leading to it. I'm hesitant to share in one sense because it seems so self-aggrandizing. On the other hand, I do think that my story has some resonance and could be used to compel others to consider walking with Jesus. The story is HERE.

I can hardly describe how fulfilled I feel with my life (which explains why I took upwards of 5,000 words to describe as much in the story referenced above).

I thank everyone involved for providing this resource and I hope to be a beneficial participant. Thank you.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Friends,

I had originally joined this site many years ago when I initially felt called to Christianity. For many years, I fought the urge to Faith, but finally accepted Jesus in my life on January 14, 2018.

I wrote at length about the moment I accepted Jesus and the events leading to it. I'm hesitant to share in one sense because it seems so self-aggrandizing. On the other hand, I do think that my story has some resonance and could be used to compel others to consider walking with Jesus. The story is HERE.

I can hardly describe how fulfilled I feel with my life (which explains why I took upwards of 5,000 words to describe as much in the story referenced above).

I thank everyone involved for providing this resource and I hope to be a beneficial participant. Thank you.
Welcome! I am glad you are here :)

Reactions: wboarder
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wrote at length about the moment I accepted Jesus and the events leading to it. I'm hesitant to share in one sense because it seems so self-aggrandizing.

Now just repeat the post not using "I" or "me".

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, and welcome to the family of God! May you find godly encouragement, warm fellowship, and the love of Christ here. I really enjoyed reading your article. As in Christianity in general, CF has a wide spectrum of beliefs, opinions, and personalities, so keep your article point #2 in mind as you visit the forums. God bless you as you grow in grace and knowledge of the faith.

Oh, and warmest regards to Roux :).

Reactions: wboarder
Upvote 0

wboarder

Newly converted.
Aug 15, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Visit site
✟16,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome to CF, and welcome to the family of God! May you find godly encouragement, warm fellowship, and the love of Christ here. I really enjoyed reading your article. As in Christianity in general, CF has a wide spectrum of beliefs, opinions, and personalities, so keep your article point #2 in mind as you visit the forums. God bless you as you grow in grace and knowledge of the faith.

Oh, and warmest regards to Roux :).

Thank you. And I'll pass your comments to Roux when she wakes up from her snooze!

As for "article point #2": though I didn't return to it in the article, the conclusion that I drew is that it would be an awful mistake to forsake myself a journey with Jesus just because I don't agree with how others participate in their's. On that note, though, I recognize that I'm no one's authority so I try to keep my thoughts in that regard mostly to myself. But it was relevant to the article, clearly, but nothing so significant that I wanted to really dwell on.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, and welcome brother.
I really enjoyed reading your testimony, it always brings joy to my heart.
Interesting fact, my wife listened to and met Pastor Laurie (way before having a Wikipedia page), when he was the new Wednesday night pastor at Calvary Chapel in Costa Mesa. Chuck Smith was even an unknown then, back when they called it the "surfer church", because you didn't have to dress up.
God bless you brother

P.S. Go Vikes

Upvote 0

John Goodness

Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2017
Chicago
✟50,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read your story Steve, and it was very heartwarming. Thanks for sharing it. God has a way of reaching us at His own time. I accepted Christ in July 2002, and it's been an incredible journey. I can't say it's been easy, but the challenges I've faced always point me to a Heavenly Father who will always be faithful, and loving, and merciful.

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Lucy97

Jan 14, 2018
Bone Chilling USA
✟16,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Friends,

A few things:

1- Thank you for your service!
2- Roux Rocks :clap:
3- It's seems to me that you mean the world to the person in the photo with you.
4- I love how you realized you were confusing Christianity with Christians. In my case, I've done the same thing in the past but in my case, it was "self-proclaimed Christians" who were non-Christians after all. That's something I have to remind myself of several times a day.
5- Welcome! And God bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Friends,

Hi Steve;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It was fantastic to hear that you’ve made the decision to follow Christ, friend! I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord strengthen your faith as you look to Him and lead you in creative fellowship with other believers in the coming days. God’s best to you!

Upvote 0

wboarder

Newly converted.
Aug 15, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Visit site
✟16,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

As an initial update, I attended my first Bible study last night with a men's group at Pastor Laurie's Harvest Church.

Foremost, the lesson was amazing and truly provided another guidepost highlighting Jesus's sacrifice for our sins.

More personally, and I hope this doesn't sound a bit glib, but I'm struck by how obvious my choice feels in retrospect. There's so much more to being a follower of Jesus than just personal satisfaction, I know, but as far as that goes, I'm astounded by the overwhelming sense of peace that I now experience. If all there was to it was a simple a choice between the feeling I have now and what I had just a week ago, even that alone (never mind the forgiveness of sin and all of the many more profound benefits) would make choosing Jesus the 100% rationally reasonable option.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0