ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How do you go to the prime mover to Jesus? You're missing a link.
The prime moover is a generic term for God or something out there.

Jesus is GOD. There is no other prime mover but Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Well, let me clarify.

The book (Bible) is not the problem, it is most people do not study it hard and within it's own context. Anyone can study somethin outside of it's context and get it wrong. That's what people do, is they pull out a verse and do not read the chapter the verse came from.

Do you have questions? I will do my best to answer you according to the Bible (or the book you say is riddled with mistakes and inconsistencies).

Please ask me.
Not about the bible, but thank you anyway.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are the discrepencies that you believe that are there in the English translations or are you talking about discrepencies in the original languages (ie. Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek)?

Both. But, ToBeLoved, let's not worry about that here since this is mainly fishyjoe's thread ... Besides, my views still hold that the Bible is the authoritative, inspired Word of God.

Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever thought about giving up on Jesus? I did, and I followed through. It wasn't easy with the idea that God will bundle you up like a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and throw you into the fire.

Now, the idea of hell is deplorable and fuels my desire to continue my life without God hanging around my neck.

If you are someone who's seriously thought about walking a new path (Your own path?) Then what's really stoping you.

Hell? Rejection from fellow Christians & Family? Losing eternal life? Becoming an Atheist (No, no, no, no, no)

I think my life here would be more pleasant in a worldly sense if I weren't a Christian; I'd have more money and I wouldn't have agonizing thoughts about my family perishing outside of Christ. I could seclude myself from society, which I ultimately don't really care for and much rather prefer being by myself and dealing with people only when I have to, without having any guilty feelings.

What keeps me from leaving the faith--well, ultimately, that is God's work not mine--is that a few years ago as I was living blissfully as a transgender, the Holy Spirit intervened in my life and gave me a new heart to know Him. I learned about Jesus and got to know him some. I can't leave him after interacting with the fraction of the holiness of God that I have encountered. He changed me in ways which, though my flesh hates it, I now have a spiritual life which before was dead. I am aware of a next life which will come after the one that is perishing and that ultimately is what I fix my gaze upon.

Of course, if I did ever leave the faith, I had not a genuine one to begin with (as described by Jesus in the parable of the sowers and reiterated by John in the second chapter of his first epistle).

Upvote 0