fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever thought about giving up on Jesus? I did, and I followed through. It wasn't easy with the idea that God will bundle you up like a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and throw you into the fire.

Now, the idea of hell is deplorable and fuels my desire to continue my life without God hanging around my neck.

If you are someone who's seriously thought about walking a new path (Your own path?) Then what's really stoping you.

Hell? Rejection from fellow Christians & Family? Losing eternal life? Becoming an Atheist (No, no, no, no, no)

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the defining things about a Christian is that it's impossible to walk away. When I've tried I've realized that the only moments that count are with Him and then it just ends up being a conflict within myself.

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever thought about giving up on Jesus? I did, and I followed through. It wasn't easy with the idea that God will bundle you up like a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and throw you into the fire.

Now, the idea of hell is deplorable and fuels my desire to continue my life without God hanging around my neck.

If you are someone who's seriously thought about walking a new path (Your own path?) Then what's really stoping you.

Hell? Rejection from fellow Christians & Family? Losing eternal life? Becoming an Atheist (No, no, no, no, no)
That was a mindless rant. Would you like to try that again and put your thoughts into some kind of meaningful narrative?

Jesus is God. You can accept it or deny it, but that does not change reality. You hang ups about Hell likely have more to do with your misunderstandings about the nature of sin than anything else.

Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
That was a mindless rant. Would you like to try that again and put your thoughts into some kind of meaningful narrative?

Jesus is God. You can accept it or deny it, but that does not change reality. You hang ups about Hell likely have more to do with your misunderstandings about the nature of sin than anything else.
I doubt that.

Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
One of the defining things about a Christian is that it's impossible to walk away. When I've tried I've realized that the only moments that count are with Him and then it just ends up being a conflict within myself.
Someone you can't walk away from is in short, a stalker.

And that conflict is purely mental, it goes away.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And yet you're still focused on him.

That's not a bad thing or an insult.

Christ is the light of the world. He's a light set on a hill that can't be ignored. He has a name above all names. Philippians 2:9 Those who believe in him shine with his light and bring his love into the world. His love for us motivates us, encourages us, and strengthens us.

You don't understand Christianity. You might think you do, but you're wrong. God is love. 1 John 4:8 Christ's love for us is why we seek him daily, not fear of torment. Those who believe are saved and have nothing to worry about, for love casts away fear 1 John 4:18 Our doubts and worries and fears might come up time to time, but the closer you walk with Christ the farther those thoughts are.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well what really stops me is truth, I don't turn away from what I know to be true.

The idea of hell, is a good one, the thought of going there is bad.
If you break the law, what happens? You go to jail.
We've all broken the law, (Gods law), so we will all go to jail (hell).

Someone once said, Be fast! For you know they will soon face their eternal divine punishment (can't remember who, but if anyone knows I'd like to know), saying it to people, to spread the faith.

The idea, that good people go to hell, is wrong.

No one is good Romans 3:10-12
As it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.
All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me
video games tv, alcohol, anything can be a god before The God.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images or idols.
basically meaning don't bow down to, and worship statues, because they are not God, they are just statues, that's how I understand it anyway.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], or any variant of it, is breaking this. Anytime you use it as a bad word, or with a bad word.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Don't even know what day it is, and we've all sinned on every day of the week.

Honor thy Father and thy Mother.
Ever spoke ill of them?
Done something to irk them?
Disobeyed them?

Thou shalt not murder.
Hey! I've never killed anyone, never broken this one!
Matthew 5:21-22
You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, You shall not murder and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

1 John 3:15 Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Matthew 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart

Thou shalt not steal.
Any amount of stolen objects count, watching a tv show illegally online would count, pirating music would count, taking money that isn't yours from your moms purse would count.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Do not lie, basically.

Thou shalt not covet.
Covet, yearn to possess or have (something).
Your neighbors, wife, donkey, or his house, or his servant, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

No one is good. So no good people do not go to hell.
(I realize you didn't explicitly say it, but it's a common argument).

And that conflict is purely mental, it goes away.
Yea, of course it does.
Because you have suppressed it.
It only goes away mentally, the reality does not, no matter how much you ignore it.

If your only problem is hell..
You condemn yourself.
It's most definitely a choice, to go to heaven or hell.

He wont force you into Heaven, and he certainly wont force you into Hell.
You have a choice, you're choosing Hell.
I would implore you to rethink your decision.

I struggle with it sometimes, that people I know and love, are choosing hell, but that's just it. They chose it.
I try to help them, but they ultimately choose Hell.

I'm not trying to insult you, or belittle you, there isn't an offensive tone in this post, intentionally anyway.
I'm just trying to show you, that "going your own way" isn't a good way to look at it.
2 paths exist, Heaven and Hell, pick one.

Now if you'd like, I'll talk with you about it, I'm pretty much available anytime, don't hardly sleep much, and I'm always home.
Just start a conversation, under my profile picture, or if you'd rather us an instant messaging thing like skype, or discord, I'm fine with that.

Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Well what really stops me is truth, I don't turn away from what I know to be true.

The idea of hell, is a good one, the thought of going there is bad.
If you break the law, what happens? You go to jail.
We've all broken the law, (Gods law), so we will all go to jail (hell).

Someone once said, Be fast! For you know they will soon face their eternal divine punishment (can't remember who, but if anyone knows I'd like to know), saying it to people, to spread the faith.

The idea, that good people go to hell, is wrong.

No one is good Romans 3:10-12
As it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.
All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me
video games tv, alcohol, anything can be a god before The God.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images or idols.
basically meaning don't bow down to, and worship statues, because they are not God, they are just statues, that's how I understand it anyway.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], or any variant of it, is breaking this. Anytime you use it as a bad word, or with a bad word.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Don't even know what day it is, and we've all sinned on every day of the week.

Honor thy Father and thy Mother.
Ever spoke ill of them?
Done something to irk them?
Disobeyed them?

Thou shalt not murder.
Hey! I've never killed anyone, never broken this one!
Matthew 5:21-22
You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, You shall not murder and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

1 John 3:15 Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Matthew 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart

Thou shalt not steal.
Any amount of stolen objects count, watching a tv show illegally online would count, pirating music would count, taking money that isn't yours from your moms purse would count.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Do not lie, basically.

Thou shalt not covet.
Covet, yearn to possess or have (something).
Your neighbors, wife, donkey, or his house, or his servant, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

No one is good. So no good people do not go to hell.
(I realize you didn't explicitly say it, but it's a common argument).

Yea, of course it does.
Because you have suppressed it.
It only goes away mentally, the reality does not, no matter how much you ignore it.

If your only problem is hell..
You condemn yourself.
It's most definitely a choice, to go to heaven or hell.

He wont force you into Heaven, and he certainly wont force you into Hell.
You have a choice, you're choosing Hell.
I would implore you to rethink your decision.

I struggle with it sometimes, that people I know and love, are choosing hell, but that's just it. They chose it.
I try to help them, but they ultimately choose Hell.

I'm not trying to insult you, or belittle you, there isn't an offensive tone in this post, intentionally anyway.
I'm just trying to show you, that "going your own way" isn't a good way to look at it.
2 paths exist, Heaven and Hell, pick one.

Now if you'd like, I'll talk with you about it, I'm pretty much available anytime, don't hardly sleep much, and I'm always home.
Just start a conversation, under my profile picture, or if you'd rather us an instant messaging thing like skype, or discord, I'm fine with that.
You believe it, ill believe something else less maniacal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom

We've been warned about this very thing -

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. <---> Matthew 24:12

This world is ripe with inequity, and this causes unjust suffering, and unjust suffering tends to either draw us closer to Christ or push us away...depending on how we relate to our own concept of God and His Son.

If one sees God as a burdensome or vain idol that one can 'wear around their neck', then it's obvious that 'unwarranted affliction' will make one want to cast such an idol away - for what good is it to believe - when believing doesn't (apparently) do any good...

But for those who see God as the very source of life and love and all that is good and right - the idea of casting Him off because things are not going well - is absurd and unthinkable.

So cast off that idol you've erroneously called God...indeed he doesn't belong; because he is an imposter, and that is why he cannot comfort or console effectually.

Only do not confuse what you're casting away with the true God, for He cannot be moved one centimeter by a mortal man's unbelief.

Whether we fight for God or against Him we still serve His objective...only in the former we serve with honor, and in the latter with dishonor...

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. <---> 1st Corinthians 11:19

And yet, because The Lord delights in mercy - even His 'one time enemies', may find acceptance with Him - if / when they come to their senses.

Consider - The Prodigal son & Saul who became Paul.

And May The Lord's Peace Prevail.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0
Jan 5, 2017
San Francisco
✟8,088.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

It's funny how you believe that you are being unique when you reject Jesus. Many have, do, and will reject the knowledge and love of God. Some of those that have managed to carve out some semblance of a happy life did so at the expense of thier own deception.
I hope you are not considering violence.
And I want you to know that we (your Christian bretheren) will miss you. Remember, wide is the path that leads to destruction. But narrow is the gate leading to everlasting life!

• Agree
Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It's funny how you believe that you are being unique when you reject Jesus. Many have, do, and will reject the knowledge and love of God. Some of those that have managed to carve out some semblance of a happy life did so at the expense of thier own deception.
I hope you are not considering violence.
And I want you to know that we (your Christian bretheren) will miss you. Remember, wide is the path that leads to destruction. But narrow is the gate leading to everlasting life!
You won't miss someone you know nothing about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
We've been warned about this very thing -

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. <---> Matthew 24:12

This world is ripe with inequity, and this causes unjust suffering, and unjust suffering tends to either draw us closer to Christ or push us away...depending on how we relate to our own concept of God and His Son.

If one sees God as a burdensome or vain idol that one can 'wear around their neck', then it's obvious that 'unwarranted affliction' will make one want to cast such an idol away - for what good is it to believe - when believing doesn't (apparently) do any good...

But for those who see God as the very source of life and love and all that is good and right - the idea of casting Him off because things are not going well - is absurd and unthinkable.

So cast off that idol you've erroneously called God...indeed he doesn't belong; because he is an imposter, and that is why he cannot comfort or console effectually.

Only do not confuse what you're casting away with the true God, for He cannot be moved one centimeter by a mortal man's unbelief.

Whether we fight for God or against Him we still serve His objective...only in the former we serve with honor, and in the latter with dishonor...

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. <---> 1st Corinthians 11:19

And yet, because The Lord delights in mercy - even His 'one time enemies', may find acceptance with Him - if / when they come to their senses.

Consider - The Prodigal son & Saul who became Paul.

And May The Lord's Peace Prevail.
I'll get back to this soon, I promise.

Upvote 0
Jan 5, 2017
San Francisco
✟8,088.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
How is it maniacal?
I
It's funny how you
believe that you are being unique when you reject Jesus. Many have, do, and will reject the knowledge and love of God.

Some of those that have managed to carve out some semblance of a happy life did so

at the expense of thier own deception.
I hope you are not considering
violence.
And I want you to know that we (your Christian bretheren) will miss you. Remember, wide is
the path that leads to destruction. But narrow is the gate leading to everlasting life!

I
know about what you write of. Your struggles are not uncommon. Every child of God has that familiar essence bestowed upon us from our creator.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tyrannical is more fitting, much like the adds pushed onto me by this forum.

No! I don't want.....yeah I guess subway would be nice....mmmm subway

Did I just sell my soul?
Defining isn't explaining, explain, do not assert without explanation.

You either, suck at debating, you're trolling, or you have no reason for your assertions.
Come back, explain to me why it is tyrannical, just as I asked why it was maniacal.
And I will tell you why it is not.
Changing the definition, is just a way to dodge the question.
You post in a help forum, you have seeker as your religion, but you're not seeking anything, you're only dismissing.

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I thought about that yesterday. I smashed the Bible and throw it in the garbage can. It got really dirty. I pulled that off from the recycle bin a few hours later. I told myself if I'm gonna fight them I'm gonna need some help.

Upvote 0