Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am questioning my faith at all. Right now I believe in nothing. Reading the Bible won't help as I don't even want to look at it.

At tonight's group meeting at the Alpha group a space for believers and non believers everything was good until some not sure Catholic uses the f word in casual conversation in an Church of all places I trust no one again.

I am no longer sure if it is even worth it to go out anymore. At least when I stayed home I did not hear that word except during Christmas go figure birth of Christ was miserable.

My mother who is concerned says to still attend the Friday night prayer service and Sunday and she not devoted.

I know it sounds stupid but at the Church and the Thursday night groups being around true believers was a blessing even forgetting about wearing headphones around strangers. Now however because if this horrible night my guard is up ten fold.

Why did I even bother life was boring but safe as an hermit and I felt lonley but content. When my sister nearly died wish it was me instead the dying part started this mock journey back to God again.

What a waste of time and effort for nothing. All it got me was a burnout of Prozac and an addictive psychotic that is making my head feal funny hearing that horrible f word from stupid filthy German language.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I never expect tares to act like Christians. Do you expect the tares to not be curious about church? Jesus didn't turn them away. Judgment Day hasn't arrived and even the rest of us are less than perfect.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is that Alpha as in Nicky Gumbo's course? I'd rather gather with believers than an ecumenical mish-mash. The f-bomb doesn't surprise me.
OH my gosh it is him. Really should have asked here before stupidly attending

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No wonder the at the Church Friday and Sunday morning prayer and monthly Thursday night dinner true believer mettings I hear heck, darn etc.

Also it was only one "Catholic" now not sure believer that uses the word no one else went father than heck.

Dang shame as the food there was great but I am never attending Alpha aka Vulgha again.

Found this will print it out and read it more
What Exactly Is a Tare?

Last edited:
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also forgot the foul mouth and one other person which did not swear does not attend Trinity Church. Also the non believer never made an attempt to talk to me but everyone that attends Trinity Church regularly and are true believers all said hello and are so friendly.

Everyone else there knows me and attends service. They keep there faith when hearing that horrible word. I turn in an non believer so bad I backslided for 15 years non believer. I hate the enemy.

Update pastor who I know personally knows my issues tells me not to give up and still attend the other services which are great.

So all the love I will still make an effort meanwhile still over hyper so I am watch SpongeBob and Star Trek TNG as I am not tired. After which I will attempt to pray and weep.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's an illment I suffered with for 26 years gradually getting worse. If I am not safe in a house of God I am not safe anywhere.

The world is not safe. No matter who you are in this world or what you do, you are not safe. Any idea that you are is an illusion. Even if you go back to being a hermit you will still face dangers due to our fragile human nature. There is no escaping the dangers that are the result of the limitations of human being. We were made to contend and face danger, to hide from danger doesn't make you safe, it just weakens your character. The only solution to the danger of life is to face it in the proper manner. Look at it this way, if you'll always have danger in life your best shot is to make yourself strong enough to handle it. The alternative is much worse as you surely know.

This all happened tonight and if you were a hermit then physiologically your body is just firing stress hormones like crazy right now. Give yourself a few days to recover and see what you think then.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tony, don't give up. This life can be hard, and stressful.

Fellow Christians can let us down. All of us are struggling, climbing, and trying to grow. One soul may struggle with foul language, or not be aware that it's wrong. Another may struggle with anger, unforgiveness, pride, or hoarding stuff. We all have issues, and bad habits, and sin.

Please don't gve up seeking God, seeking to follow Christ, and fellowshipping. Also, if this may help, diets high in sugar, additives, caffine, and energy drinks can cause or worsten anxiety, depression, or make coping with social issues tougher. If your diet includes that stuff, try to eat less of it. That might help, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree with your mom. Maybe she can come with you next time? She seems to think it's a good idea that you go, so it sounds like she'd be okay with going as well. I'm sure if that person knew how his language affected you, s/he would be very sorry.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am questioning my faith at all. Right now I believe in nothing. Reading the Bible won't help as I don't even want to look at it.

At tonight's group meeting at the Alpha group a space for believers and non believers everything was good until some not sure Catholic uses the f word in casual conversation in an Church of all places I trust no one again.

I am no longer sure if it is even worth it to go out anymore. At least when I stayed home I did not hear that word except during Christmas go figure birth of Christ was miserable.

My mother who is concerned says to still attend the Friday night prayer service and Sunday and she not devoted.

I know it sounds stupid but at the Church and the Thursday night groups being around true believers was a blessing even forgetting about wearing headphones around strangers. Now however because if this horrible night my guard is up ten fold.

Why did I even bother life was boring but safe as an hermit and I felt lonley but content. When my sister nearly died wish it was me instead the dying part started this mock journey back to God again.

What a waste of time and effort for nothing. All it got me was a burnout of Prozac and an addictive psychotic that is making my head feal funny hearing that horrible f word from stupid filthy German language.

If you truly are content at home, you do know that you can worship God and be a christian from there, right?

People will let us down often, so please don't stop your Christianity because of them, if we all did that, there would be no Christianity.

As to the F word, you're safe here, if for no other reason, they won't let us use it. :)

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's an illment I suffered with for 26 years gradually getting worse. If I am not safe in a house of God I am not safe anywhere.

I think you're depressed, this isn't just aspergers. I pray you find help. Forgive the brother for using the "f word" we're all sinners and sometimes we fall but what's important is that we seek God's forgiveness when we do

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This all happened tonight and if you were a hermit then physiologically your body is just firing stress hormones like crazy right now. Give yourself a few days to recover and see what you think then.
That's why I can't sleep and that pill I take normally tired me out in about 30 minutes I took it at 10:30 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

As to the F word, you're safe here, if for no other reason, they won't let us use it.
I would not go online without this extension.
richardfrost/AdvancedProfanityFilter
I contact and email the Dev all the time when I have issues and he fixes them quickly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's why I can't sleep and that pill I take normally tired me out in about 30 minutes I took it at 10:30 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

I would not go online without this extension.
richardfrost/AdvancedProfanityFilter
I email the Dev all the time when I have issues and he fixes them quickly.

That's interesting, you are about as safe as you can possibly be.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

It was your place to correct him in front of every one.

In a nice polite way by saying.

I'm sorry sir, but my ears do not appreciate that kind of language and even if i do forgive it, and I do.

I ask for you not to speak this way around me.

Thank you for thinking about me next time.

If my 71 year old grandmother can do it, so can you, and i also try to correct others with fault mouths, its my ears, and i can control what I hear, If i can help it.

Upvote 0