Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's talk about giving materially for a minute. Well, im assuming this is what this is about.

I still don't get the whole thing. I mean, isn't it important that we give from the heart? E.g i noticed the other day that i have a couple of pairs of nice shoes that i never ever got to wear. They even have tags on them still. Coincidentally, The Lord about 3 months ago revealed a certain Sister to me. He told me to remember her in whatever way possible. We got talking and she obviously started opening up about her story. So eversince that time, Ive been giving whatever i can to her financially.

Christmas is around the corner. Now i had been thinking of getting her a pair of shoes but ive since cut them off from my bill, as we happen to have the exact same shoe size, so now i'll only be buying a couple of oufits and maybe other things. So, would that be wrong to do as a Christian? Since Im giving her shoes that i clearly don't need, as ive never worn them in the 3 years or so that ive had them..

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I take my cues from the Holy Spirit and allow the Lord to direct my giving. When men weigh in things get muddied and confusion follows. The Lord's mandates are simple. Man's interpretations are not.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The generous will prosper;
those who refresh others
will themselves be refreshed
.”
Proverbs 11:25

If you give what you do not need,
it isn't giving.
[Mother Teresa]

Naturally, God Speaks
View attachment 284922
Awwwwwww, I love this meditation and study. It IS true that we can NOT "out-give" God. There's a verse in Proverbs that says that when we give to the poor, we "lend" to God.....it blesses and delights God's very heart when we give, and in a way, it's a testimony, isn't it? And it blesses US....in delightful ways....with His joy to overflowing, for instance. It fits right in to the verse that says for us to give with one hand as our other hand does not know what that hand is doing. The testimony is that we trust that God WILL provide, and it's ALL His anyway, so we are actually testifying by the giving, that He IS able and willing to meet our needs above and beyond what we can fathom. Giving, in essence, is a form of joyful praise to Him, isn't it?

Thank you for this wunnerful meditation on this sunny but downright coat-worthy Monday morning in September. It has blessed me. God bless you. :

Upvote 0