up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Guess that doesn't mean anything now days, Jesus' teachings?

It never has to those of the world. They don't take kindly to an alternate way of life based on selflessness rather than self. Not profitable. No gain at the expense of others.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It never has to those of the world. They don't take kindly to an alternate way of life based on selflessness rather than self. Not profitable. No gain at the expense of others.

Yeah up until they have a near death experience and the reality of death sets in. Then some turn to religion I think.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God gives the Kingdom and His Kingdom for free but some people don't want it unless someone else makes a profit. Kinda like health insurance. vs free health care.

Yeah I noticed Jerry Fallwell Jr was selling something. The rich really help the poor. Which is simply not the case. It's the wellfare systems of the states and country of the USA that do the real help. And some churches help out as well. But really the meat on the table comes from taxes that the rich have no choice but to pay. If they had a choice the poor would be in real trouble. Thank God for people that made the laws governing the disabled and poor.

Not that the poor and disabled system couldn't be improved, I mean there are a lot of homeless disabled people that walk around my apartment complex and have to beg for money. They're half crazy and for some reason can't get disability covered by our state. Sad really :(

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The system has remained the same from the time of Jesus and before through the feudal ages until now. The elite keep what is theirs but expect the masses to care for each other, either charitably or by payment. They even took advantage of Jesus' teachings to love neighbour as self to enforce the concept of people looking out for the people when convenient while they, the elite of secular and religion remained aloof. Such is the self serving will of man contrary to the will of God. But as God said, their reward here is all they shall have.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The system has remained the same from the time of Jesus and before through the feudal ages until now. The elite keep what is theirs but expect the masses to care for each other, either charitably or by payment. They even took advantage of Jesus' teachings to love neighbour as self to enforce the concept of people looking out for the people when convenient while they, the elite of secular and religion remained aloof. Such is the self serving will of man contrary to the will of God. But as God said, their reward here is all they shall have.

That sounds like a good scripture to read! Can you quote that for me so I don't have to dig for it? Where it says their reward here is all they shall have?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where it says their reward here is all they shall have?

The proof is in the context

Mammon is the god of mankind.
Matthew 6:24 Great scripture
The usual crew
Luke 6:35
Matthew 6:1-2
Matthew 6:16-18
Matthew 19:24
1 Timothy 6:17-19

Jesus said all along the worries of the world will drag us down even some of those who have heard of the Kingdom. The wealthy worry about their riches, which are of no use in the Kingdom. etc etc. They shall not enter because they focused on the wrong things. Defending the self serving ways of man over the selflessness of the Kingdom. Rich isn't always monetary, it can be haughtiness also. So on so forth.

And this Romans 6:23 Consider that most wealth is gained at the expense of others (sin).

Last edited:
Upvote 0